Audi A6 Gearbox Malfunction

QuintinP

Reaction score
I have a Audi A6 which recently started with Gearbox Malfunction with limited functionality. I must say i took the vehicle in and was advised that the TCM (transmission Control Module) required replacing, this was a huge amount quoted.

I decided to do research and must admit a lot of ideas were found. Firstly the leaking coolant which is a known problem with Audi but this was not the case. I decided to check all fuses in the car, i did find a few blown and replaced but this did not resolve the fault. We decided to replace the oil and filters in the gearbox at an approx. of R4500 for the kit. This was done but still the issue remained. Further research showed that the break light switch could be faulty. We replaced but did not resolve.

I must admit, we were hand in heads and thought that we had no choice but to replace TCM. long story short, we replaced the Battery on the car due to age, approx. R4800 to do. and to my surprise, car is perfect. ended up being under voltage to the solenoids giving a valve 3 intermittent issue, so my advise would be, if you are experiencing the same issues, look at the battery.

If you need any additional information, qpoley@webmail.co.za

QuintinP

Reactions: AlS3BE
Thats the 1st time heard that one, nice job, I'll remember that.