Audi A6 High Mileage - Worth Buying ?!

TBA3

Reaction score
I’m looking at getting a 2008 A6 Avant 2.7 TDI - However this particular one I’m looking at has got 230,000 miles. It’s being sold as ‘part ex/spares’ as it doesn’t fit this garages usual retail stock but apparently runs and drives fine.

I’m cautious in not being too pedantic but it’d be interesting to hear some experience of owning these A6’s / into the higher mileage brackets.

Thanks

It depends on service history etc, modern day diesels will keep going mate. Heck I had a truck that covered over a million kilometres but it was serviced regularly.
If it’s cheap enough and looked after then there are worse cars you could buy

Common things like bushes will wear, rust is usually pretty good on these cars, might get some underneath.

Manual or Auto, either way see if it needs a service. Some auto boxes are not cheap to service (ask me how I know).

Selling as spares or repairs from a dealer will also mean you get no warranty.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally
If there are engine issues they can be expensive to repair.

Spares or repair says to me just that. If it wasn’t they’d be selling it as a runner with no warranty or sending it to auction/eBay.

handy with spanners and have the time/another vehicle to use, worth a punt. If not, avoid. Could be costly.

Reactions: Jcbmally