audi a6 quattro avant 2.5tdi fuel problem?????

DUNVEGAS

Reaction score
Hi All, I have an audi a6 b5 2.5tdi quattro avant 2001 reg, problem im having is when i have below half a tank of diesel in the tank my engine sometimes refuses to start and has to be cranked over quite a few attempts before starting and engine will sometimes cut out when driving at low revs? seems to run great and start no problem when there's over half a tank reading on the fuel gauge? ive not long had the car and bought it with an oil sensor light on the display i initially thought it was the oil temperature sensor as the oil temp gauge was not reading 90c as as engine temperature reads when running at normal temp.. anyway i replaced the oil temp sensor and it still doesn't work but that's another issue???? so could the oil sensor alert light on the dash which is permanently on be a sensor in the saddle tank? ive read on the forums that the quattro tank has a sensor on either side of the tank to make the intank pump keep level on both sides of the tank? could it be that one of the sensors is faulty? or a relay at fault? and is there a fuse or a relay for the oil tempreture sensor????? any help would be great.....

Hi welcome to audi-sport.net. Where are you located? Any pics? Enjoy the forum. :) x