Audi A7 3.0 BiTDI Stage 1 tune - exceeded gearbox torque?

slax0r

Reaction score
Hello,

I have spent the better part of the afternoon searching for this information but failed to find any satisfactory. Appologies if my search was not good enough.

I own the 2017 Audi A7 3.0BiTDI (320HP/650Nm) and am looking to upgrade its performance a little bit. I've visited a local shop for information about the stage 1 tune and it would receive an increase of ~50HP and ~150Nm. As far as I've found, the gearbox(ZF 8HP70 I believe) equiped is rated for 700Nm input toruqe and the tune would exceed that rating by ~100Nm. Is this still a safe upgrade, or am I asking for trouble?

Kind regards

Hello,

I have spent the better part of the afternoon searching for this information but failed to find any satisfactory. Appologies if my search was not good enough.

I own the 2017 Audi A7 3.0BiTDI (320HP/650Nm) and am looking to upgrade its performance a little bit. I've visited a local shop for information about the stage 1 tune and it would receive an increase of ~50HP and ~150Nm. As far as I've found, the gearbox(ZF 8HP70 I believe) equiped is rated for 700Nm input toruqe and the tune would exceed that rating by ~100Nm. Is this still a safe upgrade, or am I asking for trouble?

Kind regards
Hi mate the guru @bobby singh will be able to set you straight on this.