Audi A7 Battery Coding

Sams786

Reaction score
Hi All,

(I am newbie to this)

My sister 2011 Audi A7 3.0 TDI has has its battery changed it went from a VARTA to BOSCH.

So, I have been doing some research on google and forums and I need to re-code this battery in.

I will be via VCDS and have been watching some video on YouTube I am getting the gist of things.

BUT any guidance will be much appreciated, the old VARTA battery was at 105Ah the new BOSCH 95Ah.

I am literally unable to find BEM code on this new battery, I have been reading on Google that BOSCH batteries don't have BEM codes and you kind of to find one relevant to the battery.

I have attached pictures of the Old/New Batteries.

Like I said any kind of guidance or instructions would be much appreciated.

Sorry if this question has been asked before.

Attachments

• Old Battery.jpg
    Old Battery.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 174
  • New Battery.jpg
    New Battery.jpg
    979.6 KB · Views: 96
You could look up any varta BEM codes for batteries of same value and code in from it. That's what I did as changed from Varta to Bosh myself.
Personally, if factory fitted battery was larger than new one, I would get it exchanged. Size and values are there for a reason and your car might throw up some errors after it was fitted

Sorry guys for the late reply on this.

My friend gave me a fake VCDS cable and I gave up on it.

So, I will purchase a genuine and keep you update but thanks for the help so far much appreciated.

Sorry guys for the late reply on this.

My friend gave me a fake VCDS cable and I gave up on it.

So, I will purchase a genuine and keep you update but thanks for the help so far much appreciated.
You don't need to buy, there are plenty of members who are happy to assist, usually for the cost of a beer or such like.

Click here for a map of members with VCDS, see who is closest to you and just ask :hi: