Audi A7 warning lights

Hal7

Reaction score
I had recently taken my car to Halfords to get a dash cam fitting, and after it was fitted there seemed to be couple warning lights:
1) steering system fault
2) Audi adaptive light fault.
3) left and right beam fault
4) main beam assist fault

im not quite sure what’s wrong with it but they couldn’t fix it aswell, it might be the fuse fryed up or something.
my car has been with Audi for more than a week and have said the diagnostics will cost £600 and I’m still waiting on the quote.

Can anyone help
24F35F81 939E 44BD A8C8 6E116FD384A7
2B1199F8 DC15 425D A960 55F25A216A85
F19E4B69 3D56 4323 8A97 DC3AEAA813E9
77B37BE1 DFEA 4529 89F1 93499DC00BB8

Did u take it back you Halfords 1st

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sounds like a power issue caused by Halfords tapping into power somewhere they shouldn’t have :blink:
I would have gotten someone with VCDS to scan the car to diagnose what was triggering the failure.

I hope Halfords will be picking up the costs..

Good Luck.
John :hi:

Reactions: Bishop187
logic says take a step back. ( like windows restore point )
First try disconnect dash cam power to rule out inteference on the windscreen as you may have sensitive radar or camera near where the dash cam is mounted that will be required to work correctly for adaptive light levelling
is it all related to right hand headlight ? is bulb working? maybey it has those turning headlights that take an input from the steering wheel position sensor?
must all be related somewhere.
just try remove the dash cam power and if it is tapped into a spare fuse box supply or piggy backed of an existing fuse the circuit may not like the extra load especially from a cheap 12v to 5v dash cam power supply .

the symbol with the red cross means bulb circuit monotoring ( bulb blown) (or canbus error like your typical low resistance led light canbus errors) get halfords to undo the install and start a fresh.
otherwise id be concentrating on central electrics module 09

Last edited:
It sounds like a power issue caused by Halfords tapping into power somewhere they shouldn’t have :blink:
I would have gotten someone with VCDS to scan the car to diagnose what was triggering the failure.

I hope Halfords will be picking up the costs..

Good Luck.
John :hi:
Yh god knows what they have done, anyone know a good place in London that can sort it out

Yh god knows what they have done, anyone know a good place in London that can sort it out
I believe one of the forum sponsors is London based - @NHN if I recall correctly. Good place to start :thumbs up:

worth having for info , there is some steering info in there

Attachments

• 2012 A7 Running Gear and Suspension Systems (5).pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 204
Reactions: B16STU

[mention]DJAlix [/mention] vagcarcoding.com

He’s based in north London. Knows everthing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can highly recommend Creative Car Sounds in Winchmore Hill., North London who did the Nextbase dashcam install on my A6 C7.

He did the stereo upgrade on Rowan Atkinson's McLaren - and that would have been a highly specialized installation.

I had recently taken my car to Halfords to get a dash cam fitting, and after it was fitted there seemed to be couple warning lights:
1) steering system fault
2) Audi adaptive light fault.
3) left and right beam fault
4) main beam assist fault

im not quite sure what’s wrong with it but they couldn’t fix it aswell, it might be the fuse fryed up or something.
my car has been with Audi for more than a week and have said the diagnostics will cost £600 and I’m still waiting on the quote.

Can anyone helpView attachment 245055View attachment 245056View attachment 245057View attachment 245058
Text me please, i having same problems after dash cam fitting. Need advice how to resolve that issue…