Audi Alloy wheel database

Morning,
Just put in my order number in to the tracker this morning and got a nice surprise. My car was to go in production week 31 but it is in assembly now. Bad news is that they seem to have the wrong wheels in the assembly list and no sign of my additional items (keyless entry, lighting update, damper control etc) is this common or is the item list I am seeing correct. In the assembly video that are making me a R8, which makes me think and hope, that the facts maybe incorrect.

Can anyone cast some light on this for me. I will be in contact with Edinburgh Audi in the morning to get to the bottom of this. Hopefully it is just a list of all the "normal as built parts"

Michael

Could someone explain how a Audi wheel refurb company is any different to other wheel refurb business? Surely a wheel is a wheel is a wheel...

The local company I use has BMWs, Audis, Volvos etc etc...

They're not really any better... I know a bloke who works at a place that an Audi dealership outsources it's body work and detailing to so really people are just as well off taking their car to an indy if that's what Audi is doing.

Reactions: Chipmunk73
Could someone explain how a Audi wheel refurb company is any different to other wheel refurb business? Surely a wheel is a wheel is a wheel...

The local company I use has BMWs, Audis, Volvos etc etc...
It’s another way of hiking up rates using the manufacturers name.

Reactions: DieselJake
This ones

Attachments

• 20200224_150759.jpg
    20200224_150759.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 387
I'm looking to replace a front alloy but this database says it's RS5 Cab (8T0 601 025 CP) and not S4? Mine is the B8.5 Black Edition and has 20" alloys and looks identical though but maybe it's not the correct one. £800 for one alloy though, ouch!

Is there a guaranteed way to find out what alloys I have?

Remove one and see what VW Group part numbers are cast into the rear side of it. Along with all the other salient details like ET rim width and rim type.

Reactions: Marcustandy
Remove one and see what VW Group part numbers are cast into the rear side of it. Along with all the other salient details like ET rim width and rim type.

I didn't know that info was on them, nice one I'll do that tomorrow! Thanks.

I've no idea why I thought I had 20" alloys, they are 19" lol Part number is 8K0601025GN and it says 8.5Jx19H2 ET43

I'm wondering if this replica would be safe to use?

Amazon Replica

Decided to buy this, it's mainly as a backup just in case something goes wrong with the repair on my genuine one.

I've no idea why I thought I had 20" alloys, they are 19" lol Part number is 8K0601025GN and it says 8.5Jx19H2 ET43

I'm wondering if this replica would be safe to use?

Amazon Replica

I'm not sure, but I would rather get aftermarket wheels from a reputable brand than purchase a replica product.

I'm not sure, but I would rather get aftermarket wheels from a reputable brand than purchase a replica product.

Aye I know what you mean and this isn't the ideal solution, but if my original goes south whilst reshaping then it keeps me on the road. A quick search didn't throw up any thing negative about this company and the original is also made in Italy for whatever that may be worth. I hate our roads! lol

Reactions: axelmckenzie
That was strange, I ordered them on Saturday evening and first thing Sunday morning Amazon cancelled the order - apparently because the seller didn't notify them of a shipment date. Give them a chance! lol

That was strange, I ordered them on Saturday evening and first thing Sunday morning Amazon cancelled the order - apparently because the seller didn't notify them of a shipment date. Give them a chance! lol

It's weird, I guess it's time for you to look for another store to buy that wheel. As I mentioned, some of the aftermarket wheels have a similar five-spoke design. You can check automotive stores like 4WheelOnline or check Google for more options.

It's weird, I guess it's time for you to look for another store to buy that wheel. As I mentioned, some of the aftermarket wheels have a similar five-spoke design. You can check automotive stores like 4WheelOnline or check Google for more options.

Aye, I spoke with customer service and they couldn't explain it, so I ordered again and it cancelled straight away. Apparently no stock.

I think I'll just leave it and if something goes wrong with the repair I'll take your advice and just replace the whole lot with aftermarket ones, which will probably be cheaper than a single oem one lol

Reactions: axelmckenzie
Aye, I spoke with customer service and they couldn't explain it, so I ordered again and it cancelled straight away. Apparently no stock.

I think I'll just leave it and if something goes wrong with the repair I'll take your advice and just replace the whole lot with aftermarket ones, which will probably be cheaper than a single oem one lol
After seeing your post i goggled the name of those of maker of wheels and found a place in Northern Ireland that sold their products . cant remember the name but def worth searching for if you need one. Also the search came up with a number of reviews which were all positive

After seeing your post i goggled the name of those of maker of wheels and found a place in Northern Ireland that sold their products . cant remember the name but def worth searching for if you need one. Also the search came up with a number of reviews which were all positive

Awesome, thanks for that. I'll have a look!

Awesome, thanks for that. I'll have a look!
this was the company

Reactions: ninjag
this was the company

Brilliant thanks, very much appreciated.

You should have told their customer support to mark the item as sold if it is not available. Make sure to share a photo of the aftermarket wheel that you are planning to purchase.

Reactions: ninjag
another site here that is pretty useful if you are looking for info including
  • part numbers,
  • load specifications,
  • sizes
  • weight
  • order numbers for hub covers,
  • pictures
  • further information such as bolt circle and center center centering of Audi and VW original rims

another site here that is pretty useful if you are looking for info including
  • part numbers,
  • load specifications,
  • sizes
  • weight
  • order numbers for hub covers,
  • pictures
  • further information such as bolt circle and center center centering of Audi and VW original rims
Thanks for that link - I tried the original site, but it didn't have the wheels I was looking for information on. This site has though, really helpful.