Audi amp and sub

S4_dan

Fire up the Quattro!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi,

a couple of questions regarding the power output of the Audi fitted amp and sub and about fitting a new sub.

1) What is the power output of the amp?

2) What size sub will it drive happily without putting too much load on the amp?

3) A auto-electrician who fits amps, subs etc, told me that in A6 saloon, there is a round plate which is spot welded in place, remove this and a sub will fasten to it with an adapter shroud. Does anyone know where this alledged 'circle cut-out' is? I will eventually get my car to him so he can point it out to me, but that could be some time, as he doesnt live that close.

Basically, I have been gifted 2 subs by my mate who sadly is leaving the uk to back home to st lucia. So he is giving me his ice part from hu and cd changer.

There is an 10 inch SPLx sub in a fitted box (600w) and a 1.2Kw 12 inch JBL sub fitted in JBL a box. I dont want to have the boxes in the boot taking up valuable space.

He also has a 400w, 600w and 1Kw amp. But not sure if i can splice in the Audi's amp input wires to run these??

From the equipment available, which is best way of improving sound, without the boxes?

Any ideas appreciated. sorry for long text......

Cheers

Dan

The usual output from the trimode amp is 2 x 20w to the rears and 50w to the sub. You cannot use the audi amp to drive anything as it is the size of a fag packet.
I'd definately go down the stealth sub route, but not with either of those subs, total overkill and not particularly good.
Autoacoustics do stealth enclosures for the B5 A4 but no idea if these could be used for an A6 so you may have to go custom. I'd highly recommend small JL Audio subs (6.5" & 8") and know of fitters actually mounting these in the rear shelf, but you'll definately need an amp.