Audi B7 Drivers side window will not go down!

Qasim

Reaction score
Started the car this morning before work, decided to put the window down, hit the window button, window went down about 4 inches until I heard a cracking/whirring sound.then it wouldn't go up or down. As a temp fix I have pushed the window up. Just wondering what I need to replace.

Am thinking window regulator and motor? Is there anyway to tell what actually needs replacing. Where would be the best place to purchase this parts and what sort of price should I be paying. I have looked on ebay and the kits don't look great so am hoping to purchase a better kit elsewhere. What are your recommendations guys?!

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: CaseyA4
Hello Mike, thank you for your response. I have had a look at a number of sites as well as youtube videos like this one . I am fairly confident replacing this regulator myself

Rang up for a few quotes TPS want 96+vat for a regulator and Parkers are after 65+vat. Will shop around to see if there is anything better for price/quality. Just wondering what most people would replace on the forum. I have searched and found a few threads, mixed reviews, some people say the ebay kits are ok whilst others have said they have not lasted. I'd rather do this job once good and proper.

If you plan on keeping your car go for the genuine item from TPS.

The cheaper ones are poor quality, ill fitting replacements in my experience.

Right I replaced the regulator over the weekend, the parts from TPS were spot on :) thank you all for your help :)