Audi B8 2.0 tdi CAGA coolant temp problems

I just realized I misread BFleming's post. I thought he "slit" the hose for a pinhole to bleed the system. It makes sense now. I will try to bleed my system this weekend.

Sorry, late return to this thread. Yes, the pinhole is in the pipe already, so you pull the pipe as if you're pulling it off, but stop short when (hopefully) air followed by a fountain of coolant emerges from the pipe.
etyXfG9.jpg

Sorry, late return to this thread. Yes, the pinhole is in the pipe already, so you pull the pipe as if you're pulling it off, but stop short when (hopefully) air followed by a fountain of coolant emerges from the pipe.
etyXfG9.jpg
Thank you for the picture. I found the pipes going into heater core after removing scuttle panel. However A6 C7's pipes are positioned in a way that makes it very difficult to pull the pipe with one hand while holding hose clip clamp pliers with another hand. I will try again this weekend with someone assisting.

I was finally able to pull out the left hose going into heater core, exposing the bleeder hole. Coolant came out. Unfortunately for me, temperature still fluctuate.

Hi

I have the same problem as you have on my Audi A4 B8.5 2013 CGLC.
I have changed:
1- 03L121111AD termostat
2- 1K0121113A one way termostat
3- 3W0122351 Non-return valve

I have found that there are two Non-return valve "check selected area 25 ". You can try touching this valve and you will see the difference after and before.

I haven't changed the other one yet. but I thought I'd share this with you.

https://www.oemvwshop.com/3w0122351-non-return-valve-p745871/

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-10-02 at 8.59.18 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-10-02 at 8.59.18 PM.jpeg
    226.3 KB · Views: 650
Hi guys,

I have a 2011 A6 (C6) 2.0tdi, Manual transmission.

I've experienced similar issues and today had the thermostat housing replaced however the cabin is still not getting hot using the climate control but it does work when you set the fan speed to manual. Will replacing the part 03L 122 157 M (number 25) will solve this issue? Also my heated seats are only get slightly hot.

Thanks

Hy!
Yes, number is 23! It have two parts! And I must be change main thermostat. (CAHA,CAHB, CAGA,CAGB,CAGC)
1K0121113A
1J0122351
All problems are solved!

However for the facelift model the temperature drop does not always resolve there. (CJCA,CJCB,CJCD,CGLC etc.
Part number is another. I attached the picture! The valve is hidden in the pipe.
1K0121113A
3W0122351 (Facelift model) 2012-......
There is always something fault with this.
There is a 50% chance of it.

Best regards,
Tamás!
Szia Tamás! Remélem eljut hozzád az üzenet! Nekem is hőfok bajom van! Megvettem a két termosztátot remélem fog javulni a helyzet. (2008 AUDI A4 B8 2.0 CRTDI) Írj ah olvasod ha menet közben elakadnék valakihez tudjak fordulni! Üdv! István

I changed the coolant temperature sender (VW part number 06A919501A), put in a new O-ring, and changed the coolant. Unfortunately my problem still persisted. To date, I have changed the main thermostat, coolant temp sender, and coolant. Did not make a difference.

I have an interesting discovery that I think is worth sharing.

Two weeks ago I cleaned the coolant temperature sender's connector using WD40's electrical contact cleaner, and now the temp gauge on the instrument cluster shows 4 dashes (4th one being 80~90 degrees Celsius). I have logged the coolant temp using VCDS a few times, and I am getting on average 10 degrees more at the end of my commute. Although it is not hitting 90 degrees by the end of my commute and temperature would decrease when car is not under heavy load/driving downhill, it is nice to see cleaning the connector sort of made an improvement.

Hy!
Yes, number is 23! It have two parts! And I must be change main thermostat. (CAHA,CAHB, CAGA,CAGB,CAGC)
1K0121113A
1J0122351
All problems are solved!

However for the facelift model the temperature drop does not always resolve there. (CJCA,CJCB,CJCD,CGLC etc.
Part number is another. I attached the picture! The valve is hidden in the pipe.
1K0121113A
3W0122351 (Facelift model) 2012-......
There is always something fault with this.
There is a 50% chance of it.

Best regards,
Tamás!
Szia,
most találtam rá erre a fórumra és ugyanezzel a problémával küszködök, ha esetleg aktív vagy még a fórumon el tudnád mondani részletesen, hogy pontosan mi oldotta meg a problémát?
Köszi!