Facelift Audi Badge and RS3 Badge Sizing - Gloss Black Badges

Phil3

Reaction score
Looking at getting the front and rear Audi badges in gloss black and the rear RS3 one done too... just looking to confirm if the badges on the FL are the same size as the PFL cars

Cheers

Anyone with a FL model... would you mind measuring the front and rear Audi badges please?

Are they the same as the PFL?

55cdf9d50c41c458d07c6f18fe315b57.jpg

4d46bf0e16ccb8de3e4a48dcc1e6447d.jpg

efea4cb4b69fe1631186d6f8e9bada6d.jpg

a340d4e4150cb77b45a1c236fa8354fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JD007F and Phil3
I’m still trying to find a front grille RS3 Badge

I’m also on the search for the RS3 front badge... no luck as of yet

How easy was the front Audi badge to remove mate? I’ve got the same 3 badges at home ready and waiting for the car

Reactions: billymc92
Can someone just drop a link from eBay of the exact Audi rings please. Having never used EBay there appears to be bloomin loads, how do I know what’s legit and the right ones?

The K-electronic ones are good but quite expensive.

They re-finish oem badges which is probably why they ain’t cheap.

There used to be a company called euro badges.com but they seemed to have closed down.

Mine are from a fella on Instagram under the username @fresh_mods_uk

They all seem the legit parts but as the car isn’t here yet they aren’t fitted

Mine are from a fella on Instagram under the username @fresh_mods_uk

They all seem the legit parts but as the car isn’t here yet they aren’t fitted

Sweet, happy days. Think il wait till the cars here then before order anything, as want to be sure

The K-electronic ones are good but quite expensive.

They re-finish oem badges which is probably why they ain’t cheap.

There used to be a company called euro badges.com but they seemed to have closed down.

Ideal, thanks for that. Tempted maybe to see if I can just get them wrapped somewhere....be a lot easier

Don´t like the chrome audi badges. I have tried to find mat alu badges to match the alu pack

Reactions: teslaboy
I would be interested in these....

Quick one, are these badges easy to fit ??

I have not find any mat alu badges, but I will buy if it exists ;-)
I have not changed myself but as I have read, it's not that hard but it requires some patience.

Thanks.

Are they glued on then ?

Rear badges are glued on. Front grill badge is clipped in but can be carefully teased off with a plastic trim removal tool (ie, without actually having to remove the grill).

For the rear badge I used a heat gun and some strong nylon fishing line (or briad may also work). Gently warm up the badge with the heat gun and put the fishing line underneath the badge. Pull it across so as to slice through the glue underneath (like a cheese wire). I tied a large loop in the fishing line to make it easier to grip.
Once the badge is off, you will need some cleaner (a solvent) to clean off the glue residue left behind (see pic below)

Tip: Cut a template (piece of card) before removing the original badge. You can then tape it on the car and use it to position the replacement in the right spot.

The glue residue left behind can be a real pig to get off.....
IMG 2329

Reactions: T-800 and Phil3
Rear badges are glued on. Front grill badge is clipped in but can be carefully teased off with a plastic trim removal tool (ie, without actually having to remove the grill).

For the rear badge I used a heat gun and some strong nylon fishing line (or briad may also work). Gently warm up the badge with the heat gun and put the fishing line underneath the badge. Pull it across so as to slice through the glue underneath (like a cheese wire). I tied a large loop in the fishing line to make it easier to grip.
Once the badge is off, you will need some cleaner (a solvent) to clean off the glue residue left behind (see pic below)

Tip: Cut a template (piece of card) before removing the original badge. You can then tape it on the car and use it to position the replacement in the right spot.

View attachment 146321

Thanks a great detailed response.

You're not Ed China in disguise are you ! ?

Thanks a great detailed response.

You're not Ed China in disguise are you ! ?

Ha ha, no not me!
Just passing on some helpful knowledge to fellow owners regarding my experience with some of the upgrades that others may be considering adding to their car. Pictures always help too.

Last edited:
Real easy to break / damage the front rings and the surrounding area so be careful.

TX.

Reactions: Phil3
They could have at least kept the red haha

Based on that picture alone... my front RS3 badge will be staying as it is :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: FBF01 and billymc92
Phil3 told me about a lad on insta, bought front and rear Audi badges and the rear RS3 badge for 36....so why the feck you’d pay in excess of this for one badge is beyond me

Yeah after reading this post I contacted this chap through Insta and got same badges for my FL saloon. Picked car up Friday and this was my first mods before the weekend was over. Will post up pics and spec soon.

Reactions: Phil3 and FBF01
Yeah after reading this post I contacted this chap through Insta and got same badges for my FL saloon. Picked car up Friday and this was my first mods before the weekend was over. Will post up pics and spec soon.

Sweet. You sent him photos?

Can’t wait to collect my car with the badges on. Will look sweet

Nice one mate :sunglasses: get those photos up

View attachment 146321

View attachment 146321

Hi again Beebee-one.
Any particular product you used to remove the glue residue left behind after removing the rear badge?

And what product would you recommend to glue the new badge?

I'm thinking of swapping mine to black front and rear.

Thanks in advance.

I tried glue and tar remover from auto glym but it was not very good. I then resorted to petrol and it took the glue straight off with a little soak on a rag and wiped in.

Im having the top of my boot resprayed and need to remove the rings. I've ordered another set but does anyone know if there is a template out there for fitting these? Mines a 2016 PFL.

Cheers

Im having the top of my boot resprayed and need to remove the rings. I've ordered another set but does anyone know if there is a template out there for fitting these? Mines a 2016 PFL.

Cheers
Something happened to your motor mate?

Reactions: Radman
Something happened to your motor mate?
You'd never guess, I was snowfoaming her today and don't ask how or why but the lance mustn't have been clipped on properly. It ****** flew off staring at the top of the boot and dented and scratched it. Luckily a friend of mine has his own body shop so he is going to sort it mates rates...