Audi 'Concert' Audio System / Standard Speakers

JoeS3

Reaction score
Hello people,

my S3 is pretty basic as it doesnt have the Bose speaker setup & came with the standard 'concert' head unit.

to be quite frank, the sound quality is pretty naff ....feels really lifeless and flat.

Question:
is that cos of the speakers or the head unit?

music is really important to me so which should i change first do you think? would the latest DVD sat nav system come with more sound tweeking/larger power output?

Thanks
Joe

Dunno about latest DVD satnav but I got an improvement fitting an ancient, but good quality Grundig unit with more power - it's a tricky business though as the wiring's biased towards the Audi OEM units. The rear amp and speakers in particular, as well as the aerial can be tricky to get right without starting all over again. Obviously, new HU and speakers will give the best results - have a search on here - some folk report a Pioneer unit is good.

Dunno about latest DVD satnav but I got an improvement fitting an ancient, but good quality Grundig unit with more power - it's a tricky business though as the wiring's biased towards the Audi OEM units. The rear amp and speakers in particular, as well as the aerial can be tricky to get right without starting all over again. Obviously, new HU and speakers will give the best results - have a search on here - some folk report a Pioneer unit is good.

thanks alot.
may check out the pioneer since the sat navs are still getting nicked!