Audi Configurator

Brian Leslie

Reaction score
Anyone been on the Audi A3 configurator recently?
I was on today and the petrol 35 TFSI seems to have gone from the options.
I’m guessing this is a mistake/update on the system as I doubt that engine has been done away with.

I saw on a German forum it was removed for wltp testing for January. I ordered last August still waiting for a 35 tfsi s tronic

Reactions: Brian Leslie
I think it is a result of Audi incorrectly stating electric seats come with edition 1 s tronic models.

I think it is a result of Audi incorrectly stating electric seats come with edition 1 s tronic models.

How do you know Audi incorrectly stated that electric seats come with Edition1 s tronic models?
I have been told by Audi UK that all Edition 1 have electric seats as standard and it still states that on their website.

I doubt very much it’s got anything to do with the electric seats on the Edition 1.
It doesn’t show the engine with any spec

No one knows why it's been removed. My dealer thinks that it's because they have maxed their fulfillment for that engine/model. Edition 1 is meant to come with electric seats as standard and the ones coming out of the factory now have them, it was just a mistake with the first batch of which Audi is offering £900 rebate.

Reactions: Mryolon
I believe it's something to do with engine changing from RDE1 to RDE2

No one knows why it's been removed. My dealer thinks that it's because they have maxed their fulfillment for that engine/model. Edition 1 is meant to come with electric seats as standard and the ones coming out of the factory now have them, it was just a mistake with the first batch of which Audi is offering £900 rebate.

Perhaps no one on here but it must have been removed for a reason.
I don’t think the sales have maxed meaning you can’t order it as it is a common power train on all VW group cars so I’d say your dealer is talking out his hat.

Last edited:
See my reply above
Sorry pal I missed your reply!
You are 100% correct it’s down to that.
It’s actually on the Golf configurator which I have copied below.

Please take note of the following before using the configurator. Due to the changeover to the new emission norm Euro 6d (RDE 2) the model you have chosen may be different in terms of technical features and consumption figures when delivered after August 2020. For more information please visit https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/need-help/wltp or ask your retailer.

Sorry pal I missed your reply!
You are 100% correct it’s down to that.
It’s actually on the Golf configurator which I have copied below.

Please take note of the following before using the configurator. Due to the changeover to the new emission norm Euro 6d (RDE 2) the model you have chosen may be different in terms of technical features and consumption figures when delivered after August 2020. For more information please visit https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/need-help/wltp or ask your retailer.

That's ok - That's more info than I had anyway - I was just going by a comment from a dealer the other day and you're never sure if they actually know sometimes

Reactions: Brian Leslie
I don't understand this, sorry. Is this just a change in numbers/data or will there be a performance change?

It's all to do with emissions - No power change as I understand it

Reactions: KIlberz