Audi Connect and Apple Car Play retrofit

Stevo5

Reaction score
I know this subject has been discussed before in the past but here it is again:
I’m due to get Connect sorted at Audi next week for the C7, main reason was to get Google Maps up. Read somewhere that Google stopped their contract with Audi and hence no longer available? If true then is there any point and what else would I get from Connect that would be worth it?
Apple Car Play is available as a retrofit from Hazzydayz and they did some good work on my old C6. Seems to be around £500 incl VAT and having had that on my M3 and RS5 it makes a real difference.
With mine being a Nov 2015 build would there be any issues do you think? Read about the ‘Chinese Fix’ although I’m not sure if that’s still around (would be cheaper for sure).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this subject has been discussed before in the past but here it is again:
I’m due to get Connect sorted at Audi next week for the C7, main reason was to get Google Maps up. Read somewhere that Google stopped their contract with Audi and hence no longer available? If true then is there any point and what else would I get from Connect that would be worth it?
Apple Car Play is available as a retrofit from Hazzydayz and they did some good work on my old C6. Seems to be around £500 incl VAT and having had that on my M3 and RS5 it makes a real difference.
With mine being a Nov 2015 build would there be any issues do you think? Read about the ‘Chinese Fix’ although I’m not sure if that’s still around (would be cheaper for sure).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, if you have a C7, and not a C7.5 the only option you will have is adding additional (Chinese) hardware.

if you have a C7.5 with MIB2 (lift the armrest - 2 x USB ports = MIB2) then you can use the Chinese software fix (I did, three years ago, and haven’t looked back)

There are also a few UK based folks offering similar updates on a few of the Audi A7/S7/RS7 Facebook groups, may be worth pinging them, if you used Facebook.

Drop me a message if you want more details, and also have a look here, post #1 details what you need for the remote Chinese fix.