Audi Connect Data Sim

HawkeyeS3

Reaction score
i'm trying to determine what size data SIM I need for Audi Connect - I appreciate that that will determine how much I may use the services, but just wondering what others have gone for / experiences.

Thoughts presently are around a 2Gb/month will suffice, but you can get smaller at say 500Mb - would that do?

Any thoughts appreciated.

I buy the prepaid ones from Three. They're thirty quid for 12Gb and last up to 12 months. It's a whichever comes first job, either the 12 gig gets used up or the 12 month time limit cuts you off. If you only use 500Mb per month, it'll only cost you £30 per annum.

Reactions: AudiNutta and HawkeyeS3
I use the 6gb EE pre paid. £15 for 3 months. My kids use the wifi a lot and if it wasn't for that, the 12 month one above would do me.

Reactions: HawkeyeS3
Likewise, the prepaid 12 month 3 sim card is the best option. They are up for about £26 on hotukdeals regularly

Reactions: HawkeyeS3
Thanks all. Hadn't spotted the "3" SIM, but what a cracking deal, so just ordered one.

Reactions: airbus319
I buy the prepaid ones from Three. They're thirty quid for 12Gb and last up to 12 months. It's a whichever comes first job, either the 12 gig gets used up or the 12 month time limit cuts you off. If you only use 500Mb per month, it'll only cost you £30 per annum.

When you're data or time is up do you get any notification from the MMI? or does the car just stay in TMC mode and will not go online? I'm getting a "insert sim" notice when clicking on Audi connect even though my sim is installed.

I use a data only SIM from iD Mobile - £5 a month for 500MB rolling contract, which is plenty for what I use. Slightly more expensive than some other options, but saves the faff of buying a new one every 3 months or every year!

Another 12GB/12 month 3 user here. Twenty-something quid on eBay. Bin it when used and buy another (cheaper than topping it up). Bung it in the SIM slot and it works immediately!

Reactions: glospete
When you're data or time is up do you get any notification from the MMI? or does the car just stay in TMC mode and will not go online? I'm getting a "insert sim" notice when clicking on Audi connect even though my sim is installed.
It just refuses to connect.. display will still show a signal though..

On another note I have 6 months unlimited 3G data for £20 on now defunct TMobile honoured by EE at last renewal I think I only used 9.8GB in 6 months.

memory.co.uk are still doing the pre paid Three 12GB/ 12 month Data only sims if anyone is still interested or looking!! £24.95 with delivery!! Pop it in the sim slot & works straight away!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk