Audi Connect Missing Functionality

Thanks guys, that is a lot for data.

Forgive me though as I’m still confused.

I understand I can pay for data to enable a Wi-Fi hotspot in the car.

But when I collect the car from the dealer will all the Audi Connect features work or will I need to a) buy a data sim or b) use the (expensive) e-SIM ?

Thanks guys, that is a lot for data.

Forgive me though as I’m still confused.

I understand I can pay for data to enable a Wi-Fi hotspot in the car.

But when I collect the car from the dealer will all the Audi Connect features work or will I need to a) buy a data sim or b) use the (expensive) e-SIM ?

The eSIM doesn't come at any cost and will provide all Audi Connect features with data for free, (maps, traffic, weather, news etc.) except for:
  • Wi-fi hotspot
  • Online radio services
  • Napster
  • Amazon music
  • Enchanced online speech recognition (I think!)
If you want to use the above services, you will need to either:
  • Buy a data plan for the eSIM (expensive option)
  • Buy a data SIM (best if you don't have a phone with the below)
  • If you have a mobile with RSAP bluetooth profile (e.g. Samsung), you can use it's data connection buy selecting "Carphone" profile on the MMI, when pairing. (Make sure your contract has sufficient data allowance)
If you use any of the 3 connection methods above, then ALL data used by the vehicle is consumed by that connection, not just the features I listed at the top of this response.
Cheers,
Dave

Reactions: cuke2u
The eSIM doesn't come at any cost and will provide all Audi Connect features with data for free, (maps, traffic, weather, news etc.) except for:
  • Wi-fi hotspot
  • Online radio services
  • Napster
  • Amazon music
  • Enchanced online speech recognition (I think!)
If you want to use the above services, you will need to either:
  • Buy a data plan for the eSIM (expensive option)
  • Buy a data SIM (best if you don't have a phone with the below)
  • If you have a mobile with RSAP bluetooth profile (e.g. Samsung), you can use it's data connection buy selecting "Carphone" profile on the MMI, when pairing. (Make sure your contract has sufficient data allowance)
If you use any of the 3 connection methods above, then ALL data used by the vehicle is consumed by that connection, not just the features I listed at the top of this response.
Cheers,
Dave
Ah legend thanks Dave.

I’ve looked for information but that is spot on. I can end the search for a SIM card. For now.

Cheers

Martin

Ah legend thanks Dave.

I’ve looked for information but that is spot on. I can end the search for a SIM card. For now.

Cheers

Martin

No problem Martin, have you decided what you're going to do connection-wise?

No problem Martin, have you decided what you're going to do connection-wise?
I won’t use the other services, I’ll just use Audi Connect.
I’m def not telling the kids they can have Wi-Fi in the car. Phone will be wired.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveW
Android auto.it is good for getting WhatsApp massage etc
otherwise I can't see any benefit.any one have more use of android auto please share

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
I never use Android Auto it doesnt really do much that you cant do already!

Reactions: DaveW
Thanks for that. So the car comes with 3yrs Audi Connect, did you need to pay for a e-SIM data plan for that or is that covered in the 3yrs?

You don't have to pay for the standard data used by Audi connect (Google maps, traffic, news,etc). You have to pay for wifi hotspot and the music services.

Reactions: Longstride83
I won’t use the other services, I’ll just use Audi Connect.
I’m def not telling the kids they can have Wi-Fi in the car. Phone will be wired.

I never told the wife or kids that this was possible in my old A6 either for that reason. They spend an infuriating amount of time on their ipods etc when at home without giving them the ability to do it outside the house! Plus you could see it happening after driving for 5mins with the ipods on watching youtube..... "dad I feel sick"