Audi Connect Problem - any suggestions?

glospete

Reaction score
Hey guys I need your help! I have Audi Connect with the Tech Pack. This week my 3 month/3 Gb Three PAYG SIM ran out - what alerted me was I noticed that the Traffic had reverted to TMC whereas before I had it on the online version. Anyway I took the SIM out and telephoned Three customer service to top it up which they did for one month/ one Gb. This was just an interim measure before I decided what plan to take up next. When I inserted the SIM again it said Data Service Not Available - Please Insert A SIM card. I tried again and even rebooted the MMI. Still no joy. I had forgotten that I would be near a Three store today and I went in there to ask their advice. They checked and the top up had been registered so they gave me a replacement SIM. I tried again but the same message came up. Any ideas as to what to try next as I can't get into change any settings as the MMI says that I have not inserted a valid SIM. And yes I've checked and checked again that I've inserted the SIM correctly.

No idea - I use the Three sims but just buy new ones each time, works out cheaper than topping it up!

Why not try the sim in a handset & see if this gets a data connection, if not then its the sim, if it does then drop by audi.

All sorted. Thanks to phil1824 on another earlier thread re connection problems, I followed his advice:

I accidentally turned off the data earlier today and was in the same position as you as no menu options when in the Audi connect option. If you go to Telephone, Settings, Connections, Switch on Data Module that may help?

I must have also switched off the data module when I was trying to see why my SIM had no connection as when I followed the above it all connected again. But the message which the MMI screen gives is less than helpful and without Phil's pointer I would be off to my Audi dealer complaining that the MMI system was faulty

I know on our
All sorted. Thanks to phil1824 on another earlier thread re connection problems, I followed his advice:

I accidentally turned off the data earlier today and was in the same position as you as no menu options when in the Audi connect option. If you go to Telephone, Settings, Connections, Switch on Data Module that may help?

I must have also switched off the data module when I was trying to see why my SIM had no connection as when I followed the above it all connected again. But the message which the MMI screen gives is less than helpful and without Phil's pointer I would be off to my Audi dealer complaining that the MMI system was faulty

You'd think that the A3 being one of the most advanced Audi vehicles at the moment that an on-screen pop up would say that you have turned Data off when trying to access the connect (which requires data) much like smartphones do...

You would but like a lot of technology nowadays the people who invent it don't use it!

My 3 Sim has about 20 pounds of data which does not have a cut off date. Last week, on about three occasions, when I started the car, a SIM symbol appeared where the signal strength symbol normally appears. After about 10 minutes, it connected.
On a different point, today my App on my iPhone was not synchronising to the Picture destination function. Stupidly I logged out and then tried to log back in using my Audi Pin rather than my Audi Connect password. After a number of occasions it locked me out of the App, not the system on the car and said ring Audi. I rang Audi Customer services, who were friendly but not knowledgeable, They called me back and said email Audi in Germany. When I got home I tried logging into my Audi on my Mac and that also was locked. I then tried the reset password option and luckily remembered the answer to my Question and it allowed me to reset the password. However, the Picture Sync is still not working. Appears that Audi Connect systems are still a bit of an emerging aspect within Audi and they do not put as much effort into getting it right as they do their cars??
It is still not possible to change which FB account or Twitter account you have it connected to??

It is still not possible to change which FB account or Twitter account you have it connected to??

As far as I can tell it still isn't possible! My Picturebook destinations are working OK on my.audi.com but it all seems a bit "work in progress" doesn't it.

You are probably aware of it but I discovered the other day that there is an iPhone app called "myAudi" which just about replicates what the online prog does. That makes 9 Audi apps I now have on my iPhone :confused:
  • MMI Connect
  • musicstream
  • tracker
  • myAudi
  • Audi ensurance
  • eKurzinfo
  • Mediawall
  • Configurator
  • Audi Vision

Last edited: