Audi Connect

The Real Big Vern

Reaction score
I'm struggling to understand this malarkey! I have a 3 yr license for Audi Connect according to the dealer.

I've been linking my android into the car wifi since ive had it for the last month or so.

Now when I try it, my android takes me to the Cubic Telecom homepage where it tells me;

You have registered for SIM owner status but you will need to complete a purchase to become SIM owner for this vehicle.

So basically do i need to pay for data if i want to use the car wifi on my android, but Audi Connect I get for 3 yrs paid for?

Yes the 3 years Audi Connect sub only includes data for the car’s own data eating features eg Google Earth. If you want in car Wi-Fi it will be cheaper to buy a data only sim and use that instead of paying for theCube service.

Reactions: The Real Big Vern
Just had S4 delivered yesterday - Audi connect subscription expires Dec 19 despite Audi webpage saying 3 yrs included with new car!

Why do they make it so difficult? Will probably mean endless phone calls, emails, trips to dealer etc, to rectify something so simple.

It shouldn't need too much if you have a new car with the high technology pack. Mine came with the three year subscription already enabled...

Just had S4 delivered yesterday - Audi connect subscription expires Dec 19 despite Audi webpage saying 3 yrs included with new car!

Why do they make it so difficult? Will probably mean endless phone calls, emails, trips to dealer etc, to rectify something so simple.
Mine showed as expiring after six months. I phoned Audi UK who sorted out for me on the same day.

Reactions: cuke2u
Mine showed as expiring after six months. I phoned Audi UK who sorted out for me on the same day.
Thanks, will give them a call. Would have been far too easy for them to have 3yrs on there in the first place...!

Did you get this sorted? My new S4 is also expiring Dec 2019....