Audi Custom Paint @ £2400

Audi colours have 2 choices:

cheap option which is any audi colour - this would include java green, which Wayside in MK will be getting a R8 in java shortly - i think the car is in hitchen currently.

expensive option is colour to sample effectively which effectively means they can match a colour you send them or specify. If you go to a good paint shop they should have a colour brochure that shows pretty much any colour you could want with an appropriate code for mixing - this would also allow you choice over 'pearl' or 'metalic' etc - I presume this way you could even speciy metal flake if you so wanted...... In theory your picture should be adequate for them to match and send you a sample.

You could if you could be bothered look through something like this:

http://www.tcpglobal.com/autocolorlibrary/

It gives an indication on colours, you might find a few you like the look of in order to get better samples made up - I had a quick look and it lists a couple of greens for Lambo.

Out of interest as I'm thinking of doing this as well, are you going for bespoke interior as well, or just sticking with the paint job?

Green would not be my choice, particularly at 2400 + VAT and reduced resale value, but I like your commitment to doing your own thing.... If your interior is also custom David, you should definately get some matching green bits into the leather seats, or even just green stitching on seats, wheel and gaiter.

Personally i think colour matching and samples is a big risk. Too hit and miss when the only real sample you'll have is the finished car!

Why don't you simply go to a car finishings trade counter and tell them Lambo, model, year? Have a look at he colour swatches and ask for the mixing/RAL reference. As the supplier mix's it in house he will be able to tell you if it is pearlescent, solid, 2 part etc. Or just look through all the Lambo swatches to see if there are many variations of the colour.

I've sprayed a few of my motorbikes and have found a trade centre that is very helpfull. I either go in and say i want a litre of say MG Sprint blue (cos i saw it and liked it) or give me all your manufacturers swatches to look at (hundreds), or i've even had an hybrid of 2 made up. There's also many specials on the market such as Rage Extreem etc, again they can give you a colour code to pass on.

BTW ....... I really liked your Solar Orange :rock:

Thanks. I shall see what audi come up with. Praps give them the *0077 code and see whether we can go a little deeper in shade.

Definately getting green though like above. Like to be different as my orange one was.
I wonder if audi use the exact same paint as Lambo.

David

hmmm not sure . found this picture this morning , This isnt photoshop !
IMG_0219.jpg

:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

I think the S5 looks amazing ing in green, and I think your new S3 will look superb whichever shade you manage to get.

I actually like the flatness/solidity of the colour on the S5 and think it would suit a smaller hatchback shape - but the colour on the Focus RS on the stand at Paris was eye-popping! Amazing in real life.

Personally, I love these more extrovert colours. I like stealth cars too, but you sometimes get a double-take when you pull up in an Audi in an unusual colour...

I'm sure I will sort it within the week. I just wondered If I have a paint code for a lambo green verde Ithaca. If I give this to audi will the paint be exactly the same in its 3 pearl effect. I'm sure it would because they are part of VAG and its a paint code for the colour.

David

As Audi own Lamorghini I would think colours were quite simply swapped if needs be and they can easily source colours from either range. Or has been mentioned on here already, speak to Lamborghini Wycombe, amzing bodyshop and did some work for me in the past. Facilities had and Enzo, F40 etc. in when I was last there. They should be able to advise.

Have spoke to them and they have confirmed the paint code for Lambo Verde Ithaca 0077.
However as the car is going to be painted at the factory, this information will have to be passed on to audi exclusive UK.

The Lambo Green above is Verde Ithaca Mica according to Lambo's colour chart

2004-lamborghini-pg01.jpg

The Lambo blue would look really nice on the S3. Something subtle but completely different at the same time.

Doh you've changed your mind :) I'd go for the Blue mate looks awesome I think its Blu Caelum Met from the colour chart above :)

Sorry all. My dad has talked me out of it lol.
I am definately going for a lambo colour was thinking of the yellow or blue as above 4 posts up.

David

So did I, but head said no. Heart wanted it, but it could look totally different on the car itself like the S5.

David - go the Blue mate, seriously I think it will look amazing on the S3, subtely different to any other Blue S3 out there, but not so 'in yer face' that it may put some buyers off when you come to sell like the green and yellow may (I know you're not bothered about that as I recall you saying it's you who's liveing with the car now, but surely a bonus in the long run!).
I think it will look really REALLY good mate!

I was 50:50 between pearl yellow. You really think I should go blue?
It does look good, but will it look different than any other denim blue a3?
Like everyone to voice there opinions.

David

What about Golf R32 Deep Blue Pearlescent? That looks fantastic! It looks different depending on the light. Sometimes looks like a lovely deep purple/blue and other times a nice strong blue!

I saw an old Nova yesterday that someone had painted in a similar colour green to the one at the start of this thread...:puke2:

David - there is no S3/A3 i've seen in that colour... R32 blue is maybe closer, but it's still different to that.
I love it mate - I think it would look awesome!

I will probably go for it. :)

Just need to let audi know the paint code and hopefully they will get it right.

David

Keep us posted mate - I'm really liking it... a littel jealous even :)

Or how about, getting a standard Audi S3 colour then getting the car wrapped when you get it in what ever colour you want. A full car wrap would be 1500 and can be taken off to change or re-sell. Saved £1k too.

NO! Pastel colours only work on supercars! On everything else it ends up looking like a MaxPower cover car.

David, definitely go for the blue. Like has already been said, it's different enough to be noticed without risking people going :puke2:

There are other blues that look a similar shade, but the finish on the Lambo colour makes all the difference. It would be one seriously desirable S3! :hubbahubba:
:iagree:

Hmmmm, The paint code refers to the whole application of the paint doesn't it?
I'm just after peoples expericnce with metallic paint and the application.

David

So, going by your sig., have you gone for Audi Exclusive paint in yellow and not custom colour?

Yellow is a very good choice (but I'm biased).

Yes mate. I have created another thread with my final decision. Imola.

Have also gone for exclusive leather etc.

David