Audi Dealer Deposit

Pretty sure its about £500, but in these hard times I think pretty much anything to secure a deal will do:laugh:

Depends on the dealer - normally anywhere from £500 or £1k depending on the cost of the car

Richard

Things might have changed but I had to put a grand down. I guess it depends on what and where you are ordering though.

On a used car you'll probably get away with £250 if it secures the deal at the moment. New cars that are fairly mainstream is £500. Factory order in strange colours or that have a really high spec maybe a £1000 or 10%. Everyone knows that you are always entitled to your deposit back whatever happens, right? It is just a deterent for the obvious reasons.

If you agree figures with the dealer and then he asks for a deposit, act shocked and say you can give them half of it!

Yeah definately. I'll agree a figure first before we go any further, then hopefully he'll be more obliged to bring the deposit down. I can afford up to £400 at the minute, and I'll be happy if I can get the car to £8k, so we'll see.

vw took a grand off me for a deposit on an R32 but i think anywhere between 500-1000 is ok

The most I've ever put down is £500.