Audi Dealers

TFSI

Born to Fish
Reaction score
Been trolling loads of Audi dealers recently and finally got a reasonable deal on a A3 Sline. :yes::yes:

Looking back touring the dealers gave me a fair bit of frustration and one or two chuckles along the way.:sm4::sm4::sm4::sm4:

Does anybody else find it very funny when the salesman has to keep wandering off to have a word with his manager to see if he can squeeze a little more on the price.

One in particular this time had me and the missus in tucks of laughter when he had to dissapear time after time after we said we are not prepared to pay that.

We just had visions of this manager in a box wired up to the Audi mainframe muttering yes or no to these salesmen as they came and went and the poor guy having his dinner and brews served to him unable to move and also he's not seen the family for 5 years now.

The guy we were dealing with at a local dealer looked at us very strangely when he returned and said no more discount. So we got up and left.

Yes I recall the same thing in Crawley,in the end the manager came and sat with me, I did not buy one from their on that visit, but I actually did call back onthe phone to try and finish the deal, but they did not phone back for like 6 hours, in which time I had ordered mine somewhere else, they were not best pleased, but no one else but themselves to blame. but tbh, I pretty well think all sales men have to do the same pretty well everywhere now days

Does anybody else find it very funny when the salesman has to keep wandering off to have a word with his manager to see if he can squeeze a little more on the price.

Haha. I've been on about this in another thread. I cannot believe they still play this game, and I cannot believe that ANYONE would fall for it. Just another of their silly little "sales tricks", letting the customer think the salesmans your best pal and the sales manager is the evil man who just will not move that extra percent.....what a load of old ******.

Still, it must work as they're all still at it.:laugh:

Had this with Hatfield Audi. Salesman was in and out of that office so much, which was at the other side of the showroom - long walk, we might as well just have sat in there with the manager! lol

Truth be told they don't always go to the manager, just to get advise or a second opinion and they go back again.

The salesman told me autotrader and parker's gave him the p/x value he came up with, so I asked if he had the internet and started browsing, the nearest p/x value he gave was a standard 100k+ mileage, in the end he got a good deal off me though and I got one too ~ I think as long as the sales person is fair you can both go away happy.

I'm having a few promising E-Mail's back from Audi - just need to phone a couple! There doing the exact same thing when they go off - I'm sure they just wonder off to check Drive The Deal - What else do they have to check!?!

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you close the deal at? I'm after a 1.4T S Line with 1k extras for the £19600-£19800 mark - is this reasonable?

I would price it all up on broadspeed.com, I did that and the dealer beat it and also threw in the VPP and Metalmate (paint protection and alloy protection) valued at £400

I would price it all up on broadspeed.com, I did that and the dealer beat it and also threw in the VPP and Metalmate (paint protection and alloy protection) valued at £400

Wow - seems like a good deal! When did you order the car?

Ordered Aug 5th
Expected late Apr 2011
Courtesy car coming Jan 2011