audi deposit contribution on s3

chunk090883

Reaction score
I have been given £1000 on a hatchback is this correct as on the audi finance calculator it shows £1500, wernt sure if every dealer was different ? Or should I be asking for more

I have been given £1000 on a hatchback is this correct as on the audi finance calculator it shows £1500, wernt sure if every dealer was different ? Or should I be asking for more

Plug your car into CarWow and see what sort of discounts you can achieve. Ask your dealer to match, or just go to whatever dealer is giving you the best deal.

I've managed to get 11% plus audi contribution just wanted to know if that was worth asking for £1500

I've managed to get 11% plus audi contribution just wanted to know if that was worth asking for £1500

Ah OK.

On my S5 order it was £2150 dealer contribution and £2150 from Audi UK. Think this only applies to finance deals though.

Guess it's always worth asking if it's on the main site! They will probably argue that it's part of the 11% discount mind....

A3/S3 is only a £1000 contribution add in your 11% discount your doing very well indeed,take it asap,l take you've or about to order a high spec car near or over RRP £40K...given the discount you've been given

Reactions: KEMS
Think it was just under £38,000,signed paperwork today and pick it up Thursday, but thought I'd check before I try my luck but can't complain too much as got a good deal

I've just called my local Audi up, I asked if that £1500 is all from Audi UK on top of their dealership % off. He replied with "I'm not sure how the finance guys work it out, but I think out of that £1500 we pay some of it and Audi UK pay some". He then asked why I asked...I mentioned about that £1500 off, that I had received 10.5% discount from them and that the interest rate is now lower than what I'm paying, so after putting those figures into a new deal on the Audi site it came out less than what I'm paying now.....He took some details and said he'd work out what my car is worth and how much I can get into a saloon for after all the discounts lol.

Ohhh just called me back as I write this! £1200 to move up to a saloon...I've asked for the monthly figures :)

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
He made a mistake :( £2k down and then £75 extra per month....said I'll stick with...for now! :)

I've just called my local Audi up, I asked if that £1500 is all from Audi UK on top of their dealership % off. He replied with "I'm not sure how the finance guys work it out, but I think out of that £1500 we pay some of it and Audi UK pay some". He then asked why I asked...I mentioned about that £1500 off, that I had received 10.5% discount from them and that the interest rate is now lower than what I'm paying, so after putting those figures into a new deal on the Audi site it came out less than what I'm paying now.....He took some details and said he'd work out what my car is worth and how much I can get into a saloon for after all the discounts lol.

Ohhh just called me back as I write this! £1200 to move up to a saloon...I've asked for the monthly figures :)
That £1200 is that for a basic S3 saloon?
But hopefully he can get you into one

Only had it since March, spec of the saloon was s-tronic, comfort pack with park system plus and folding mirrors. Only offering me £24,200 for mine!

Biggest hit is in the first year or two, so can't say I'm surprised...worth a quote though :)

Reactions: Jassyo06
Haha you've had it less than a year! Im collecting my S5 on Wednesday and I'm dreading having to think about trading it in after 2yrs!

Only had it since March, spec of the saloon was s-tronic, comfort pack with park system plus and folding mirrors. Only offering me £24,200 for mine!

Biggest hit is in the first year or two, so can't say I'm surprised...worth a quote though :)
He who waits wins in the end also correct me if I am wrong if you had to put down £3,500 you're monthly payments would stay the same

Last edited:
Haha you've had it less than a year! Im collecting my S5 on Wednesday and I'm dreading having to think about trading it in after 2yrs!
Like he said it's always worth keeping an eye out on current deals, if I wanted another 3 door it would be a lot less to change and my payments would be slightly lower due to the interest rate change. It helps that I got 10.5% off this one.

Like he said it's always worth keeping an eye out on current deals, if I wanted another 3 door it would be a lot less to change and my payments would be slightly lower due to the interest rate change. It helps that I got 10.5% off this one.

Thats true. I guess I would want to be in a position were I could get some equity from my current car so I wouldn't have to put more money down each time.

He who waits wins in the end also correct me if I am wrong if you had to put down £3,500 you're monthly payments would stay the same

Not sure mate, didn't go that deep. It was just a call as the wife was out and wanted to satisfy my curiosity lol :) The last time she left me on my own for the day was when I ordered this one :D

Thats true. I guess I would want to be in a position were I could get some equity from my current car so I wouldn't have to put more money down each time.

I see PCP as get a figure you want to blow each month and get what you can. If he had said we will give you exactly what you owe for your car, then it may have been a different story! But at the moment I owe £1300 more than what they are offering.

Not sure mate, didn't go that deep. It was just a call as the wife was out and wanted to satisfy my curiosity lol :) The last time she left me on my own for the day was when I ordered this one :D
Yeah know that feeling just

I see PCP as get a figure you want to blow each month and get what you can. If he had said we will give you exactly what you owe for your car, then it may have been a different story! But at the moment I owe £1300 more than what they are offering.

Just wait,it will come,l am giving this car another 12 months exactly then l am going order my ldeal Audi car,including a specific colour

Reactions: S32B
Picked my s3 up today, managed to get discount plus £1500 deposit they also gave me gap insurance and paint protection for fee.

Very happy so far but not liking the advanced key as I don't like having the key lying around in the car,would prefer to be able to use the ignition, will post some pics at later

A3/S3 is only a £1000 contribution add in your 11% discount your doing very well indeed,take it asap,l take you've or about to order a high spec car near or over RRP £40K...given the discount you've been given
Well said :)

Picked my s3 up today, managed to get discount plus £1500 deposit they also gave me gap insurance and paint protection for fee.

Very happy so far but not liking the advanced key as I don't like having the key lying around in the car,would prefer to be able to use the ignition, will post some pics at later

For clarification...you have had £750 from Audi Finance,£750 off the dealer,and minus £750 off your discount....basically your getting less of a discount,swings and roundabouts really...Spin doctoring.
I always kept the Fob in a specific fob pocket, no problems at all.
We look forward to the pics