Audi Drive Select

bluemoona3246

Reaction score
Anyone else had any luck with this? Last night I decided to turn on comfort steering as I went round a roundabout, could instantly feel the difference! However on normal roads I didn't like the lightness of the steering as it made me lose confidence (puts steering back into dynamic mode) has anyone noticed any difference with the engine option? Not sure if this drive select stuff is just a gimmick really:

It's real, not a gimmick. Will change throttle response and steering sensitivity. In addition if you have magnetic ride it will change suspension dampening.

Not sure why you would want to change drive select half way round a roundabout though???

Reactions: sve170 and Jassyo06
There's a noticeable difference in throttle response between comfort and dynamic. I don't like using comfort or efficiency mode now I'm used to dynamic.

I'm the same with the steering - vastly prefer dynamic to comfort, but the opposite with the engine - I find the throttle response is smoother in comfort. I thus use the Individual mode to set each of these.

My pref is to use the 'Individual' setting with the steering and ACC set to Dynamic. Engine is nomally just in auto mode and if I need to pull away quickly at a roundabout, for example, I just knock the gear lever into S.

It's real, not a gimmick. Will change throttle response and steering sensitivity. In addition if you have magnetic ride it will change suspension dampening.

Not sure why you would want to change drive select half way round a roundabout though???
I've had it around 3 months or so now and wanted to see if it made any difference, dont have mag suspension unfortunately.
I'm the same with the steering - vastly prefer dynamic to comfort, but the opposite with the engine - I find the throttle response is smoother in comfort. I thus use the Individual mode to set each of these.
Will have to try it in comfort on my way home tonight!
My pref is to use the 'Individual' setting with the steering and ACC set to Dynamic. Engine is nomally just in auto mode and if I need to pull away quickly at a roundabout, for example, I just knock the gear lever into S.
Haha, if only I had the auto! I think I'll have to try the alternative of knocking it down into third from fourth!

Reactions: Djs3saloon
Personal opinion only, but I've never been keen on the quite significance between dynamic and comfort on the steering. The feeling between the two as far as front wheel feedback (which isn't particularly brilliant at any time) is quite large. So when you're really pressing on the change in feeling from the front wheels, particularly in the wet or damp is disconcerting. So I use dynamic all the time and the car always reacts and feels the same.

Does anyone with mag ride know how much of a difference the 'comfort' & 'dynamic' settings are?

I've got a question. Why do I still have a drive select option for suspension that can be adjusted and does cycle through the different modes if I don't have mag ride. Surely it should be blank on screen.

I've got a question. Why do I still have a drive select option for suspension that can be adjusted and does cycle through the different modes if I don't have mag ride. Surely it should be blank on screen.
If you have the option to change the setting you will have mag ride. Do you have a saloon as MR was standard on them afaik?

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

If you have the option to change the setting you will have mag ride. Do you have a saloon as MR was standard on them afaik?

TX.

2015 viper green manual S3 8V fastback

If you have the setting you will have mag ride is my understanding. Cars with no mag ride have no option to change suspension.

TX.

Reactions: Leevr
Does setting the suspension to comfort in individual mirror the same as having the car in comfort? I would expect it does but for some reason I still think individual is firmer?

Does setting the suspension to comfort in individual mirror the same as having the car in comfort? I would expect it does but for some reason I still think individual is firmer?

I think it feels completely the same and the manual doesn't state there should be a difference. I know it doesn't answer your question but maybe it will clarify the different settings:

2017 11 03 13 53 50

Reactions: Audi Bairn
ADS did not come with my car but I have heard you can get it now via Carista App.

Has anyone done this and does it work?

Remember it was an expensive Audi option at the time.

I have steering set to auto and throttle response dynamic. Steering in dynamic is too stiff for me for everyday driving.

One thing I read was each time you turn the car on your need to cycle through the options again to set the car back to dynamic or individual if dynamic is set for that. This is a safety feature.

Reactions: Lehn and amb66
One thing I read was each time you turn the car on your need to cycle through the options again to set the car back to dynamic or individual if dynamic is set for that. This is a safety feature.

Settings should remain on the last used when you turn on the ignition again

I’ve read other wise. This relates to my experience with throttle response. Think member Terminator x mentioned this in an old post. I’ve also read an audi document stating that even though when you press the drive select button and dynamic appears, to have all the dynamic features enabled you have to cycle through the options and back to dynamic.
I will try to find the document that I read. Suspension and other things may stay the same. Document i read refered to throttle response mainly.

Read that as A3 owners not S3 owners with regards to drive select. Is there a difference between the A3 setup an S3 setup?

Read that as A3 owners not S3 owners with regards to drive select. Is there a difference between the A3 setup an S3 setup?

I thought it was a safety feature so might also apply for the S3 too. My throttle response def reverts back to auto/comfort mode when I first turn my car on.

I'm sure mine stays in the mode I've selected with no change unless I do it. Out in a bit so will confirm.

Very old threads so if this was an issue it may have been rectified via a software update, mine certainly retains the last used settings .

Can’t see why it would reset by deafault on turn off and what would it reset to.

Like I said audi intended it be this way and thus to them it’s not an issue. The document I read was some audi tech thing. Essentially it said they want the driver to be totally aware that they have dynamic mode and in particular the throttle mapping set to dynamic. Thus they want the driver to reselect it each time for safety purposes.

I'm sure mine stays in the mode I've selected with no change unless I do it. Out in a bit so will confirm.

Cycle through and back to dynamic or individual.

Like I said audi intended it be this way and thus to them it’s not an issue. The document I read was some audi tech thing. Essentially it said they want the driver to be totally aware that they have dynamic mode and in particular the throttle mapping set to dynamic. Thus they want the driver to reselect it each time for safety purposes.
Can you post a link to what you read ?

My cars got a fault then that I am quite happy to keep :)

Can you post a link to what you read ?

My cars got a fault then that I am quite happy to keep :)

You’re one of the luck ones mate ;) If I find it I’ll post it up.

Cycle through and back to dynamic or individual.
Been out and it's stays in dynamic throughout, start stop. Ignition on and off. No change.

Reactions: Daveotto
It does stay in the last drive mode but with Dynamic it will not be fully engaged.... on mine the exhaust note is not the same and I don’t get pops on the downshift. Throttle response is also not the same... I have to cycle it onto another setting and then back on Dynamic to fully engage....

Most people do not realise this and are used to driving the car in Dynamic from turn on.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
My 150 TDI FL definitely stays in dynamic for engine/gearbox without the need to reselect. S tronic stays in drive mode if it was in that last time rather than sport.

If you turn off then turn back on, it won't be fully in dynamic. As @Ghostneo says, you won't get any pops even with dynamic displayed.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Ghostneo
I did code mine to remember the drive mode on shut down. I.e it would start up in S not D in dynamic. This worked on the exhaust flaps too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I think it feels completely the same and the manual doesn't state there should be a difference. I know it doesn't answer your question but maybe it will clarify the different settings:

View attachment 140636
Thanks for this mate - must just be in my head :)