Audi Drive Select

Cooz29

Reaction score
Hey folks, not been on here as much as I would like but, my MMI unit went on the blink, no sound due to the solder on the NPX chips going & being to a few companies including me, couldn’t fix it. Ended up buying a used blank unit & having component protection removed. I have coded & done the adaptations & everything as it was on my original unit! But the only thing that isn’t showing is when I press the drive select button on the dash or the multifunction button linked to ADS on the steering wheel it’s shows up in my dash computer but not on the MMI screen. I actually need to go into at systems etc to get it to come up! Anybody with any thoughts? Was thinking possibly the wrong databus I have selected?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The person who performed your component protection should have also performed online coding in order to 1) make sure your unit was configured as factory and 2) to restore any needed licences. Sounds like only part of the needed procedure was completed or you have swapped out for a different part number and thus the coding would not work.

5F > Adaptations > Charisma

Make sure the above is activated.

Hi DJAlix everything works, no fault messages nothing & it was Audi that removed the component protection & checked everything was ok. I asked them & they said it could be a bus signal problem. I will change the bus signal to see what it does

I know, so weird. Naa exact same part number, waited months for one to pop up on eBay. Will maybe try uninstall ADS coding wise & recode

If the same part number then all configurations should have been restored by Audi, which has obviously not bee completed. I would give them a call and request that the SVM and FES procedures be completed again in order to return your media unit and licences to factory spec.

Will do mate, thank you!! You wouldn’t know what version of VAG crimp terminals is for the door controllers & BCM? Retro fitting the ambient door lighting etc

Perfect mate, thanks for your help