Audi Driver International AS.NET Club Stand!

Well folks...

It's a bit pants to make this post out of a copy & paste reply to a PM; but I'm dashing around like that proverbial fly tonight...

Hiya mate,

Sorry I'm only just replying to this... It's been a rather late day at work and then I had to deal with public transport on the way home :(

As you might've seen on the thread, I've been trying to get the **** who sprayed my front-end in the style of a Dalmation to sort it out this week; and guess what... He's dragging his heels :( At the moment I'm definitely not going to be able to take my car - there is a chance I might get down there with a friend and his Rolf, but even that's looking shaky at the moment - and if it does happen I guess we'll only arrive at around lunch time.

Anyway, whatever happens with my arrangements I hope you and the rest of the chaps enjoy the show mate!

Regards,

Rob.

PS> At least there's an extra space on the stand for a motor with a bit more prowess!

...Who knows, maybe I'll get to some events next year! :s - Enjoy it folks, and get loads of piccies for me in case we don't make it in the Rolf!

No worries mate...

DickyS3 - Audi A3 TDI Sport Rich
Mawhitey - Audi A4 1.8sMark
The911SC - Audi S4 (B6) Jon
Concoursneil- Audi A3 Tsport Neil
docurley - Audi A4 1.8T Sports Quattro David
ZeroK66 - Audi S4 (B5) Leon
ANDYTQ- Audi A3 Quattro(ish) Andy
G4JSG - A4 2.5 TDi Quattro Sport John
JPO (Possibly) - Audi S4 Ian
ADAMS3- Audi S3. Adam
mac1403 - A4 1.8T Sports quattro
LuckyS3 - Audi S3 Conan
The Slug - Audi A3 TDi Quattro Richard
Markb - Audi A3 1.8T Mark
Jason_Letts - Audi A3 1.8T Jason
Jojo - Audi S3 Quattro Joe
Stewart - Audi S3 (Possible)

So pictures and comment!?!?

I'll start then...

I thought it was a good day, but it was a bit too cold!

There was quite mixture of club stands, traders etc... Plus there weren't any accidents on the Audi Experience this year LOL

Good to Neil and others etc... Also good to catch up with Rich, Rich, Joe etc...

Took me 4 hours to do 160 miles on the way back after my Sat Nav tried to make me join the M4 at a junction that you weren't allowed to join. Then decided it couldn't find another route after it had sent me into the middle of no where down country lanes!

Mark

I thought was good day too Mark , nice to put faces to few names. enjoyed the parade laps at the end , we got 3 in so could have a bit of a play around too , tire shine made first lap a bit of fun tho ......
Cold ?????? is that a northern thing ....!!!! it was mild but little on the foggy side to be correct. atleast the mist lifted throughout the day
Mark i will pm you later about the guage pics etc.

4 hrs with that sat nav ...... i would have thought the whole of the uk could have found their way home with a screen that size...

Must say was impressed with the dyalinx or however you spell it A4 , must have been the quickest of the day by far.
will post up some pics later when ive had chance to look at them.

Time to was the flies off now

I got home in an amazing 1hour 15minutes covering around 103miles, had a 30 minute power nap, then off to work... I'm well knackered! LOL
Good to meet up with the usual lot and meet a few new faces, and second that it was a bit chilli for a day out, but it wasn't too bad in the end.

Biggest suprise of the day, my car made it there and back in one piece, and it was actually clean for once on our stand :haha: ... so :moa:

Hope to be there again next year!

Always thought those porsche style wheels were matt grey on your car jojo... so I think you surprised us all!...

Good day all in all but cold!.. seems to be less and less trade stands though...
Took ages to get back for us though.... mostly cos martin drives like an old woman doing 60 in the slow lane !! lol... ;)

It was good to see everyone today,i thawed out eventually in the car with heater blasting.I also thought that there was a lack of trade stands,but club displays were good.Hopefully all my little gremlins on the car will be sorted soon,then i can have play on track and about time too.Dickie i had a gps 143 on the way home with more to go.

I just wanted to say what a GREAT day I had, and my wife and daughter, so well done Rich for sorting this out.

I'm just sorting through pictures and also editing the video now so watch this space for more info today.

John

Glad everyone enjoyed. Great turnout, nice to see the usuals and also to meet new faces...

It was ****** cold though! I don't think I felt my feet all day!

I agree about the trade stands, definately less there this year. Club stands were a plenty though, and the track action is always good..

I think everyone was suprised to see Joe's car clean! :lol:

Anyone's ankles hurting today? I think mine have seized up from the cold!

Oh and Andy, when I pulled up at the severn bridge, all I could hear is your car taking off! It sounded like a jet fighter!

Oh and I gave up on tryng to stick with you, I didn't want to embarress you! :laugh:

I'm out for most of today, but will post pics later.

Cheers
Rich

Real shame i couldnt make it in the end, looked like it was a great day out!!

Didnt get in from work until 4.30am sat morning!!

Yep, great day,nice to see the familiar faces and meet some new ones,, had a good time on the track.............. knackered me brakes again though,,,,,,,,, AND the CV joint that was replaced about a week ago is knocking again........:huh:

Ian,

Maybe my "good old" slow diesel didn't set any lapt records but it seems to have survived the days fun intact.

I also managed to do 3 sessions on track and 340 miles all from one tank with 100 miles left to go...........but I think a remap is in order so next year I might not see you pull away from me so quickly!!!

It was a bit naff to see the rear view mirror got right in the way of the footage but I have some time now to make a better camera mount for next time, maybe a tiny external camera mounted in the front bumper??

Glad you all enjoyed the movie and the soundtracks!!!

John

dickys3 said:
Andy, I'm up for a convoy. Chris hasn't got the S3 anymore (I think hes got a fiesta!)

Only just seen this mate ! No Fiesta ! Sold the S3 and bought a MkV GTi.
Good to see you up there. Cold day though. Seemed to be less trade than last year. QST seem to have less and less all the time on their stand. Where were AMD then ?

Chris.

s3bow said:
dickys3 said:
Andy, I'm up for a convoy. Chris hasn't got the S3 anymore (I think hes got a fiesta!)

Only just seen this mate ! No Fiesta ! Sold the S3 and bought a MkV GTi.
Good to see you up there. Cold day though. Seemed to be less trade than last year. QST seem to have less and less all the time on their stand. Where were AMD then ?

Chris.

LOL

I think he was on about Chris from Neath.. Although thinking about it now he could have ment you!

So come on then mate, post some pics of your new Veedub!

G4JSG said:
Ian,

Maybe my "good old" slow diesel didn't set any lapt records but it seems to have survived the days fun intact.

I also managed to do 3 sessions on track and 340 miles all from one tank with 100 miles left to go...........but I think a remap is in order so next year I might not see you pull away from me so quickly!!!

John

:) :)
There's a lot to be said for reliability............. mainly that I wish my car had some!

I did about 40 laps (30 paid, nearly 10 free with the instructor:)), it was about 180 miles there and back = ....................... 1 3/4 Tanks fuel!!! I think most of that went at the track!

I think your car was pretty quick TBH, at the current rate I don't think you'll have any trouble with me pulling away from you next year............. I'll probably break down on the drive down...........:)

Nice to meet u guys again and the new faces! Not as much going on there this year, but enjoyed it all the same! And thanks Rich for sorting it out again!