Audi Ensurance - Review - shocking

baz92

Reaction score
Audi ensurance review

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After using Audi Ensurance I’m now going to give you a review of the total “ensurance” experience.

Had a rear end collision, and reported it to the ensurance team. 20 Minutes later I get two calls, one from their “audi approved garage” and one from there legal team in regards to voluntary excess and personal injury claims.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Audi ensurance team, there was no “dedicated manager” that dealt with my claim, but almost a different person each time. Calls weren’t returned half the time, and it was basically just Chinese whispers with them, and my insurance company required me to report the claim to themselves directly anyway. Incompetent.

When I asked ensurance for an update regarding my claim, they stated that they didn’t know as they weren’t going to be sitting in line on hold to my insurance company’s telephone line.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Repairer

It took almost 3 weeks to get the repair approved, and my car was sitting in the driveway for those three weeks. The “approved” bodyshop they used did a sloppy job. One of my tyres was also slashed by a sharp instrument whilst it was in for repair, yet they flat out refused it happened there, and became aggressive when I notified them of it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hire car

The audi ensurance hire car, turned out to be a credit hire car, a Mercedes 1.5L basic A class with damage and had problems starting up, in which the daily rate is £109 per day. This car could have been taken from any other reputable hiring company for around £30, so their markup is pure extortion and the car isn’t even suitable for me.

I expressed my concerns that the car wasn’t suitable and would be happy with a vw golf or another a3 or similar, yet they kept fobbing me off that they don’t have anything else at the moment and they’d contact me when they had a suitable car. After 5 days worth of calls, I told them to come collect the hire car as I’m not going to use it anymore, and to either get me something more suitable or I’ll be using an alternative hire company. Within minutes they suggested a c-class but I’d have to pay an addition £250 deposit for.

At this time a letter landed on my doorstep saying the 3rd party had accepted liability. I told ensurance to come and collect the car, and they didn’t get back to me, so it took 4 further phonecalls before a collection could be arranged. (I have a feeling they were trying to bill for an extra day).

I contacted the 3rd party insurance to let them know I’ve returned the credit hire car( as it’s my duty to mitigate costs), and would like a reasonable car(a3/golf or similar) and they were happy to assist. Same day I got contacted by enterprise and they gave me a 530D m sport estate. The daily rate was around £70ish on that I believe with only a £1 deposit. Thank you LV and enterprise you guys are great.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Legal team

First day they contacted me and took down details, and straight away sent personal injury claims letters to me and voluntary excess reclaim form. I’m receiving treatment(via NHS) for the accident and have been to the hospital etc for this, so not too sure how this will playout, but the 3rd party is offering treatment also, so I might just jump ship and use the 3rd party for this?

I’ve tried contacting the expert in charge of my claim, but they don’t pick up their phone or reply to their emails.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall ensurance review : 0/5, wouldn’t recommend to anyone at all.

edit: I've also been informed Audi Ensurance is a trading name of lawshield UK, who also own the legal team (KLS law) who are dealing with my legal matters, and connexus hire solutions (the company who credit hire cars at almost 4x their normal hire values).

Last edited:
Reactions: SW14NY'S
What a shame. Thanks for all the information mate. Will be valuable to a lot members and could save a lot of headaches by the sounds of it.

Have you contacted Audi UK about it? Not sure they will appreciate their name being dragged through the mud like this if indeed it's a third party company doing it on their behalf...

Reactions: SW14NY'S
I haven't yet no, do you know their contact email address?

What's the update on the situation? Did all get resolved with the tyre and the shoddy repair work?

What's the update on the situation? Did all get resolved with the tyre and the shoddy repair work?
Went in again to sort out the job they did, and they just brushed it with a touch-up pen!?!?!?! Issue wasn't resolved with the tyre either, so I've just cut my losses and moved on, don't want to be dealing with these kind of cowboys and don't trust them with my car anymore.

Going forward I think i'll just use a local bodyshop, all this fancy "audi approved" status means absolutely nothing.

Went in again to sort out the job they did, and they just brushed it with a touch-up pen!?!?!?! Issue wasn't resolved with the tyre either, so I've just cut my losses and moved on, don't want to be dealing with these kind of cowboys and don't trust them with my car anymore.

Going forward I think i'll just use a local bodyshop, all this fancy "audi approved" status means absolutely nothing.

I completely agree - VW/Audi approved is a status that means nothing in quality terms. I got a brand new Golf 170TDI GT Sport back in September 2007 and at 2 weeks old and just over 400 miles on the clock, it got clipped by a bus while it was properly parked and I was picking up a takeawaay. The damage was extensive enough for me to hope it was a write-off (it wasn't). Benfield group's Scotswood Road bodyshop in Newcastle (VW/Audi/Fiat/Renault approved) was tasked with the repair. They had all the parts in after 10 days. 5 weeks later I went down there to see what the hold up was and saw my untouched car. I went ballistic and they started on it the following week. The repair took 2 weeks (new front and rear bumpers, new front grille, 2 new alloy wheels, new rear axle and every component attached to the rear driver's side wheel was replaced (this was where the bus clipped it), new rear quarter panel, new wing. I picked the car up in the dark (Nov) in some of the worst rain I have ever encountered. An oil top up bottle and an £80 waterproof coat were missing from the boot and never seen again. The brakes felt odd driving home, but I thought it was the new components.

Next day was dry and sunny - I could see the fruits of their labours - the interior of the car was showered with metal shards from cut-in of the new rear quarter panel, the headlining was covered with oily handprints and the brake caliper was not secured on the rear driver's side wheel. That all got fixed after some angry calls to VW customer services. A few weeks later the wheel arches of the rear quarter panel and the new front wing started to rust up - so much for galvanised panels, obviously not prepped properly. A peppering of stone chips on the front wing confirmed the paint thickness was just over 1/3 of what it should have been.

Again VW customer services were not concerned. The bodywork got repainted 3 times over the course of a year before I finally got shot of it. VW/Audi customer services don't give a damn about shoddy workmanship.

Reputation is everything when seeking out a competent bodyshop.