Audi Ensurance.

DAYTONA 500

Reaction score
Reactions: 45bvtc and T-800
I used to be insured with Audi insurance but have changed to Saga this year. Ensurance is a good product if you're not insured with Audi and want a hassle free repair using genuine Audi parts, at one time this used to be a CHARGEABLE :think:product but has now become FREE :w00t:so well worth registering https://www.insurewithaudi.co.uk https://www.insurewithaudi.co.uk/library/pdf/Audi_Ensurance_Cover_Booklet_0813.pdf
Hmmm, looks good, but the eternal cynic in me finds itself thinking "nothing is free". It's potentially going to put up the cost to the insurer of any claim due to using the "reasuringly expensive" audi main dealer to do the repair rather than their normal "approved" repairer. I'm wondering whether ,if too many Audi owners sign up for this, the insurers will start pushing up the cost of Audi insurance to cover the extra cost to them.

Hmmm, looks good, but the eternal cynic in me finds itself thinking "nothing is free". It's potentially going to put up the cost to the insurer of any claim due to using the "reasuringly expensive" audi main dealer to do the repair rather than their normal "approved" repairer. I'm wondering whether ,if too many Audi owners sign up for this, the insurers will start pushing up the cost of Audi insurance to cover the extra cost to them.
You are driving an expensive high performance car, i would be more worried that in the event of an accident my car was being repaired properly using original new parts and to a high standard than the insurance companies "approved" repairer who could well use second hand or pattern parts to keep the costs down.

Reactions: Moschops and T-800
Me (RS3) and RS3copilot (TT) are now listed, why not?

Nowhere does it say 'you have to' but just maybe, but hopefully not, you might 'need/want to', so why not!

And it costs nowt to register...

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
A note of caution. I had an accident about 4 years ago when I had my TTS - someone ran in the back of me. They didn't do a runner and they were happy to pay for the repairs. I phoned my Dealership to arrange an inspection, and they offered to put my on to their 'accident management service'. This wasn't to my knowledge 'Ensurance' but it looks similar.

The accident management company arranged for repairs and a replacement TT (2.0T Coupe) whilst mine was in for repairs.

As it happens, I mentioned this to a friend who was also an Audi driver and he told me that he had had a bad experience with the accident management company in similar circumstances. Basically, they make money on the car hire and so it is in their interest for the process to take a long time. In my friend's case it took 10 days and the other party ended up contesting this, and he had some tense time when they were going to come after him personally for the costs on the hire.

Because of this, I was hot on the accident management company and they outright lied to me about the progress on my car (saying the body shop was shut on a day when I had personally called them directly). I rode them and the job was done with just 3 days hire needed. The repair was a new bumper with reversing sensors.

The accident management company butt f**ked the poor guy who ran in the back of me. When they took him to court and I saw the claim it was for £4500. For three days hire and a new bumper!

So, I now approach accident management companies with extreme caution - it's the new 'whip lash' as far as I can see. And we all end up paying in the end...

A note of caution. I had an accident about 4 years ago when I had my TTS - someone ran in the back of me. They didn't do a runner and they were happy to pay for the repairs. I phoned my Dealership to arrange an inspection, and they offered to put my on to their 'accident management service'. This wasn't to my knowledge 'Ensurance' but it looks similar.

The accident management company arranged for repairs and a replacement TT (2.0T Coupe) whilst mine was in for repairs.

As it happens, I mentioned this to a friend who was also an Audi driver and he told me that he had had a bad experience with the accident management company in similar circumstances. Basically, they make money on the car hire and so it is in their interest for the process to take a long time. In my friend's case it took 10 days and the other party ended up contesting this, and he had some tense time when they were going to come after him personally for the costs on the hire.

Because of this, I was hot on the accident management company and they outright lied to me about the progress on my car (saying the body shop was shut on a day when I had personally called them directly). I rode them and the job was done with just 3 days hire needed. The repair was a new bumper with reversing sensors.

The accident management company butt f**ked the poor guy who ran in the back of me. When they took him to court and I saw the claim it was for £4500. For three days hire and a new bumper!

So, I now approach accident management companies with extreme caution - it's the new 'whip lash' as far as I can see. And we all end up paying in the end...

I've just become aware of this Audi Ensurance scheme and wondered if there were any further comments regarding pros and cons, or indeed personal experiences, since this last post in Jan '14?

My insurance company charges me an additional excess if I choose my own garage, I imagine Esurance would count as this so would cost me and my insurance company more.

My insurance company charges me an additional excess if I choose my own garage, I imagine Esurance would count as this so would cost me and my insurance company more.
Looking into this question myself, due to collect the S3 in 3 weeks 4 days and 7 hours (not that I'm counting) :p :jump: and will be insuring with Aviva, my local repair centre via them is not a main Audi dealer, but they do say for £200 more I can choose one. So is it a case of you'd have to pay the additional £200 or do Audi Ensurance box it off some way?

You'll probably find most of that £4500 was legal fees. I got shagged sideways by Direct Line paying a whiplash claim out to a third party who hit me and were at fault. That was two kids in the back of the car that hit my TTS. Very low speed impact and they were wearing seatbelts - whiplash my ****. Anyway, rather than stick two fingers up to the claim the mother made, they paid out £12,000 and then my renewal comes through with the premium doubled! The payout the woman got was actually £3500, the rest went to the PI Lawyers!!! Such is the fecked up world we live in...