Audi expired warranty

Steff s3

Reaction score
Hi people.
Was wondering what people's thoughts are about keeping a RS3 after Audi warranty has expired.
Not a lot of these cars,from what I've read and noticed in the classifieds sections have a lot of miles on them, so potentially giving more reassurance, I picked mines up with 7000 miles on it which I think is low for 2015 model,plus you don't see them everyday.
So would you keep or get rid off before the date approaches?

You could extend the warranty as an alternative option.

I know someone who has an A5 just out of warranty. The gearbox has completely failed. It's a huge job with Audi claiming it's £7000 of work! Fortunately as it's very low mileage Audi are doing it goodwill.

If I keep my RS3 past the warranty, I'll definitely consider extending the warranty just in case something catastrophic goes wrong!

What a ball ache that would be, good there sorting it out as a good wind jesture.
I think I'll also go the extended warranty route when it looms.
Would it be with Audi or another broker Doc.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Audi charge £1250 per year for warranty! Sounds a lot of money. Problem with independents are that you hear stories about them not paying out.

Earliest cars were June 15 afaik so at least another 14 months or so to go. Some will have 5 year warranty too as it was an option.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

I paid for 5 year warranty was only 550 I think for the extra 2 years so made sense I guess

How would I be able to find out if the person before me ticked the 5yr warranty option?

Register onto 'My Audi' and this will allow you to enter your car reg and details. This will show you current warranty plan.
How would I be able to find out if the person before me ticked the 5yr warranty option?

Not always rad man mine only shows 3 years so I got letter from dealer. I also phoned Audi uk to check the 5 years went through. Confirmed it and says basically my Audi just didn't update properly

I don't have an RS3, but my bother has had previous RS cars that have been covered with extended Audi warranties. One issue he had would of cost £10K to fix by our local Audi garage if he didn't have the warranty! I think I would take the warranty option on an RS.

Reactions: Bristle Hound, AudiNutta and Spaceman_RS3
With a 2011 Audi RS3, and 2011 Audi TT, and 2013 Audi A1 (185bhp Black Edition), and ZERO warranty on any.

Treat 'em right, service regular, don't complain of a parcel shelf rattle, and you'll be OK.

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Rs1 and D0C
Treat 'em right, service regular, don't complain of a parcel shelf rattle, and you'll be OK.
As an ex-RS6 owner who had to claim on my warranty loads of times due to the DRC issues, I'd say that's codwallop. These cars always end up having some kind of weak spot or common fault that the warranty covers.

Reactions: AudiNutta and T-800
As an ex-RS6 owner who had to claim on my warranty loads of times due to the DRC issues, I'd say that's codwallop. These cars always end up having some kind of weak spot or common fault that the warranty covers.

Agreed Andyt99......

Extend it as much as possible.

Worth every penny.

Reactions: Radman and AudiNutta
["QUOTE"andyt99, post: 2972166, member: 6887"]As an ex-RS6 owner who had to claim on my warranty loads of times due to the DRC issues, I'd say that's codwallop. These cars always end up having some kind of weak spot or common fault that the warranty covers.[/QUOTE]

Speak as I find Andy; I just don't get the same problems with my cars that some individuals get with theirs. 51-years of motoring and I've NEVER bothered with a warranty or had the need to.:yahoo:

Reactions: Radman, AudiNutta and Rs1
With a 2011 Audi RS3, and 2011 Audi TT, and 2013 Audi A1 (185bhp Black Edition), and ZERO warranty on any.
Famous last words mate. Be careful
[/QUOTE
[QUOTE"andyt99, post: 2972166, member: 6887"]As an ex-RS6 owner who had to claim on my warranty loads of times due to the DRC issues, I'd say that's codwallop. These cars always end up having some kind of weak spot or common fault that the warranty covers.

Speak as I find Andy; I just don't get the same problems with my cars that some individuals get with theirs. 51-years of motoring and I've NEVER bothered with a warranty or had the need to.:yahoo:[/QUOTE]

I tend to buy the 5 years warranty.. Cost less than £500 after discount and you will get some back on resale probably. Bargain!

I ran my 8P for 90k miles with no bother at all, though I did get the extended warranty for peace of mind.

It's not the miles, it's how the car has been looked after.

Reactions: jimojameso and AudiNutta
Has anybody actually managed to get an extension on the warranty after the initial one has run out?
For some reason, I didn't think this was possible anymore with Audi RS.
If so, then I would 100% extent it next year when mine runs out of its 3 year standard warranty. If not, then I will sell it. Not taking that risk.

I bought one last year for my 8P, no problems. Can't check for an 8V as I don't know one old enough to need an extension, but I put my old car's reg in here and it was still happy to accept an 8P.

Reactions: Evotion and dunes7
On a new car can you decide virtually upto the day you take it away if you want to extend the warranty or is it like all the other items that you have to spec in advance?

On a new car can you decide virtually upto the day you take it away if you want to extend the warranty or is it like all the other items that you have to spec in advance?

Up to the day you take it away as its a dealer dealt with option nothing phyiscal from the factory.

Has anybody actually managed to get an extension on the warranty after the initial one has run out?
For some reason, I didn't think this was possible anymore with Audi RS.
If so, then I would 100% extent it next year when mine runs out of its 3 year standard warranty. If not, then I will sell it. Not taking that risk.

You can't pay for the 5 year warranty after delivery, but you can extend it if done before the 3 years. If you leave it a day later than the 3 years, it can't be extended with Audi! The cost is estimated at £1000 a year for an Audi warranty past 3 years, this is why I paid £545 for an extra 2 years.