Audi Extended Warranty

selleym

Reaction score
Warranty is coming to its end, I used to do the VW extended Warranty with the Scirocco each year which came with roadside assistance too.
So decided to give the Audi one a try (https://www.insurewithaudi.co.uk/extended-warranty/)
No roadside and the price is not very nice.
Less than 10,000 miles is chosen here are a few examples
All Component
Excess £0 = £862.20
Excess £100 = £724.91
Excess £250 = £565.63
Names Component
Excess £0 = £619.71
Excess £100 = £510.45
Excess £250 = £401.20

And just for fun Over 15,000 miles All Component £0 Excess = £1,139.19

Is this what others experienced price wise?
Alternative recommendations that will be as good as the Audi one?

Thanks

My thoughts are wrapped up in the thread in the link below. Basically you need to wait until your around 2 weeks near the end, then the Audi website gives a "special price". anthing before or after is as if you haven't been covered and the price is almost double. Ring Audi Customer service to explain. The Audi roadside assistance which is the AA, is an amazing price at 150ish for 2yrs. don't see why you think its high. it includes all Europe cover and the max cover out there. This would eb around 500 direct with AA.

Anyway, read my thread here for my story....

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/audi-extended-warranty-wtf.307569/

My thoughts are wrapped up in the thread in the link below. Basically you need to wait until your around 2 weeks near the end, then the Audi website gives a "special price". anthing before or after is as if you haven't been covered and the price is almost double. Ring Audi Customer service to explain. The Audi roadside assistance which is the AA, is an amazing price at 150ish for 2yrs. don't see why you think its high. it includes all Europe cover and the max cover out there. This would eb around 500 direct with AA.

Anyway, read my thread here for my story....

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/audi-extended-warranty-wtf.307569/

I couldn't find any reference to the roadside assistance with the Warranty so wasn't commenting on the price of that. Where do you go about buying the Roadside Assistance?

I couldn't find any reference to the roadside assistance with the Warranty so wasn't commenting on the price of that. Where do you go about buying the Roadside Assistance?

I called customer services. If you buy it and your still within cover then I think they give a 10pound discount. When you call them tell them that your quotes for extended warranty are quite high and that your not sure if your getting the correct quote. When I did this the lady checked and for some reason I wasn't in the system so it was like getting a new warranty or like I was out of cover. She added me to the system and then 30mins later i got a quote nearly half the price.

Waste of money. I bought it and needed my rear light sorting as had there was moisture in it they booked it in and did all the investigation work then said it’s not covered by warranty. They then wanted to charge me for investigation as well.

I have taken the “named” extended warranty out for the last two years. Can’t remember the exact details but it was 10K and a reasonable excess. It came in at about £150 I think.
My strategy is that I don’t expect to have cover on minor issues on a 4+ year old car but really concerned about the s-tronic etc. So just covering the expensive stuff.

Reactions: Ormesome
Warranty is coming to its end, I used to do the VW extended Warranty with the Scirocco each year which came with roadside assistance too.
So decided to give the Audi one a try (https://www.insurewithaudi.co.uk/extended-warranty/)
No roadside and the price is not very nice.
Less than 10,000 miles is chosen here are a few examples
All Component
Excess £0 = £862.20
Excess £100 = £724.91
Excess £250 = £565.63
Names Component
Excess £0 = £619.71
Excess £100 = £510.45
Excess £250 = £401.20

And just for fun Over 15,000 miles All Component £0 Excess = £1,139.19

Is this what others experienced price wise?
Alternative recommendations that will be as good as the Audi one?

Thanks

Think I ended up paying around £400 for all components, but left the renewal till the last week.

Audi probably advertise high prices for 2 reasons.
1) Hope people just pay the advertised price. Win win.
2) People wince at £700 a year, so end up trading their car in for a new one. Win win.

2) People wince at £700 a year, so end up trading their car in for a new one. Win win.
lol funny you say that!

The S3 was coming up to 3 years old, big service due, 4 new tyres due, mot, breakdown and warranty = well over £1,000 So I changed for the A5 coupe and the monthly price was the same, cost me £1,000 deposit to start again with a new car and everything covered ;)

Reactions: mcwharam
12 months comprehensive audi warranty with no excess came to roughly £430 for mine.
I also took out another 2 years audi assist (AA cover) and that came to £145

That's a bargain :) Used them twice with the S3 and on both occasion I was up and running within an hour of calling them! The second time they tuned up in an unmarked silver van...made me feel like I had my own pit crew lol :D

Reactions: Adam14, -Ju- and Ormesome
12 months comprehensive audi warranty with no excess came to roughly £430 for mine.
Did you call them to get this price and the Audi Assist?

The warranty was done on the website just a few weeks before the 3 year warranty expired.
Audi assist was done over the phone

Thanks.
Audi Says the warranty now has to be done 30 days before it expires now.
I asked why and the lady on the phone said it takes 30 days to get added to the system. Which is complete rubbish.
Someone in a dark room at audi HQ going through all the paperwork by hand and stamping each one :tearsofjoy:

I never understood why I was given different quotes. it was really strange. I was 1 week away, maybe less, from my standard policy expiring but because my name wasn't in the system (whatever the means) I was given massive quotes. I think this happens too if you are outside of the 30days countdown to expiry. god knows why. Must be a marketing thing. Still from a marketing pov it still makes no sense to me.

For Audi Assist (The AA) I rang them, I think there is no online renewal.

@selleym when does your warranty expire? would be good to know so you can report back if the quotes change and to compare the timeframe.

5th of January the warranty and roadside expire. Fingers crossed the price changes

Capture

So chatted to them on the phone she said check back when its 30 days before the expiry. Even though the website says it cant start earlier than 30 days from today's date.... :wtf:
She said she did nothing on the system... But Instantly on the website it dropped these are the new quotes
(Old Quotes)

All Component
Excess £0 = £446.32 (£862.20)
Excess £100 = £371.75 (£724.91)
Excess £250 = £297.18 (£565.63)
Names Component
Excess £0 = £360.95 (£619.71)
Excess £100 = £303.45 (£510.45)
Excess £250 = £245.95 (£401.20)

And just for fun Over 15,000 miles All Component £0 Excess = £596.77 (£1,139.19)

PS Renewal Date is 5th Jan

Last edited:
So chatted to them on the phone she said check back when its 30 days before the expiry. Even though the website says it cant start earlier than 30 days from today's date.... :wtf:
She said she did nothing on the system... But Instantly on the website it dropped these are the new quotes
(Old Quotes)

All Component
Names Component

And just for fun Over 15,000 miles All Component £0 Excess = £596.77 (£1,139.19)

Love this! glad it worked out ok for you mate. Now the Audi warranty is much more tempting right? it will get cheaper for yr 4 too. mine did anyway by at lest 100pounds,

(Old Quotes)

All Component
Names Component

wow much easier to swallow those prices.

The quote when you buy the car new for a 5 years warranty is about £550, is that all components cover and what is the excess on that?