Audi extended warranty

I'd give it a few days to update as it definitely drops in the last month.
The audi owners website has been constantly under maintenance for months now.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Works now, thank you

It will let you do it when you are in the last full month of the standard warranty try after midnight tonight. Also remember it doesn't include the breakdown cover, you need to go here for that https://www.roadsidecover.com/Audi £89 for a year or £145 for 2 years, the breakdown cover can be moved to the new owner if you sell the car, the warranty can't, but you can get a pro rata refund on it.

No it doesn't, I bought mine just before my car was 3 years old. As said above if bought new it probably works out cheaper, but most people probably didn't intend to keep their cars over 3 years! I didn't anyway :)

View attachment 212508

Oh and for anyone who is wondering about the servicing side/warranty:

I asked the following:

View attachment 212509

Their reply:

View attachment 212510

I knew the answer to the question, but now I have it saved in an email just in case!!! ;)

Thanks for the email link for the AA cover.

I see if you don't wont to pay by direct debit then it is £10 more over two years.

Now that the I can see the extended warranty, it seems the excess plays a fair part in calculating the cost. Need to think about that some more!

My car is back in for warranty on the 3rd of oct with a drivers seat issue the parts alone are nearly £1100
it is a scary thought having an Audi with no warranty .
Warranty doesn’t cover everything though, read the small print. Some if not all electrics and glass are not covered. Had a dab aerial issue and they replaced the rear glass, £820, but Audi and the dealer paid most of it.

You used to be able to extend the full manufacturers warranty from 3 years to either 4 or 5 years when you purchased the car new. I think they stopped this a year or two ago.

I'm pretty sure the Audi extended warranty you buy at the the end of the 3 year manufacturers warranty does not give quite the same level of cover. Worth reading the words carefully.

The Audi used car warranty is definitely not as extensive as the manufacturers original cover.

The extended warranty is exactly the same as the extended warranty you get when you buy the car from new. The first 3 years is a manufacturer warranty and this covers everything and is far better than the extended warranty. Years 4 and 5 that you can buy from new are just extended warranties, but it’s massively cheaper to buy this when you buy the car new. It cost me £525 to extend my rs3 saloon warranty from 3 to 5 years when I bought it new. I would guess if I extended it at 3 years to 5 years, I guess it would be over £2000.

I had a 3 or was it 4 lol year warranty on the s3 and we’ve extended it ever since at approx £420 a year, no brainer. I’ve easily got my money’s worth out of it. One thing to note, if you let the existing warranty run out the extended warranty prices roughly doubles. I checked and if I left the s3, it goes up to £800 a year. My friend had a 2011 m3 and his warranty was £1500 a year and included an excess!

Last edited:
The extended warranty is exactly the same as the extended warranty you get when you buy the car from new. The first 3 years is a manufacturer warranty and this covers everything and is far better than the extended warranty. Years 4 and 5 that you can buy from new are just extended warranties, but it’s massively cheaper to buy this when you buy the car new. It cost me £525 to extend my rs3 saloon warranty from 3 to 5 years when I bought it new. I would guess if I extended it at 3 years to 5 years, I guess it would be over £2000.

I had a 3 or was it 4 lol year warranty on the s3 and we’ve extended it ever since at approx £420 a year, no brainer. I’ve easily got my money’s worth out of it. One thing to note, if you let the existing warranty run out the extended warranty prices roughly doubles. I checked and if I left the s3, it goes up to £800 a year. My friend had a 2011 m3 and his warranty was £1500 a year and included an excess!

Just looked up what the price would have been had I taken the additional year when new and it isn't much different (£525 vs £577) however buying when new it was subject to an overall limit of 75k miles rather than a declared annual amount.

Having looked at the excess amounts properly - £100 excess reduces the premium by £101 and £250 and £202 so provided you think you will make one or less claims then taking the excess is a better choice.

Just looked up what the price would have been had I taken the additional year when new and it isn't much different (£525 vs £577) however buying when new it was subject to an overall limit of 75k miles rather than a declared annual amount.

Having looked at the excess amounts properly - £100 excess reduces the premium by £101 and £250 and £202 so provided you think you will make one or less claims then taking the excess is a better choice.

Audi warranties certainly seem to have come down to near sensible levels. Aftermarket ones are now a lot more. Think Warranty Direct/others wanted about £1000 for the s3, Audi were £420.

Thanks for the email link for the AA cover.

I see if you don't wont to pay by direct debit then it is £10 more over two years.

Now that the I can see the extended warranty, it seems the excess plays a fair part in calculating the cost. Need to think about that some more!
Either way you do the AA cover they still send you a reminder when it's due, all it means is if you don't want to renew you just phone them to cancel it! Save £10 for the sake of a free call if you do decide to cancel it :D

As for which one to go for!
For me it was 'All components covered' No excess £446, £100 excess £372 and £250 excess £297.

I went for the £250 excess saving £149 (over no excess). Theoretically put the saved £149 to one side and if nothing goes wrong happy days you've saved £149! Or if something did go wrong just add £101 to it and that's your £250 excess covered. My main worry is the gearbox, so paying out £250 to get that sorted wouldn't be a worry....better than £8,000 or more! :) For less than £1 per day it suits me.

Cover notes here https://www.insurewithaudi.co.uk/media/1108/35239_audi_extended-warranty_dec19_nav_v2-1.pdf

And for all those saying it's not worth it:
Worth

Reactions: pburv and Patrick C
It has its pros and cons (e.g. coolant pipes aren't covered, as I recently found out) but for peace of mind for me it's worth it. Just had the water pump replaced, invoice says £442 which sounds a bit cheap to me?? I paid the £100 excess only anyway. Got mine as soon as I bought the car so it's currently around £80 a month for the first year but should halve more-or-less next year.

It has its pros and cons (e.g. coolant pipes aren't covered, as I recently found out) but for peace of mind for me it's worth it. Just had the water pump replaced, invoice says £442 which sounds a bit cheap to me?? I paid the £100 excess only anyway. Got mine as soon as I bought the car so it's currently around £80 a month for the first year but should halve more-or-less next year.
Talking to a mate of mine today in work, he was going to cancel his cover on his BMW...then decided not to! 3 weeks later something went wrong with his air bags £1,100 to fix! paid for by the warranty :)

Reactions: pburv
I have it on my car you’ve done the right thing getting a quote a week before renewal I tried a month before and it was 50% more expensive!
Does anyone know if this is still the case? My original 3 year warranty runs out at the end of August, and I was about to extend online but might wait until nearer the time if it is likely to get cheaper.

Within the last 30 days it’s usually the lower price.

I usually do mine 2 weeks before, they are good at sending you an email reminder but feel like they didn’t when the initial one ran out.

For reference 10k miles, £100 excess, I just paid £386 on the S3.

Last edited:
Renew it with 30 days of the end of the warranty. Do not wait until after, as it usually doubles. Its well worth having. Our S3 is about £430 i think for the max one £0 excess 10K audi oem parts. I think Warranty direct wanted >£1000 for less cover. It might be worth looking at the all in one service plan which includes servicing, MOTs, warranty, AA cover for 2 years. Think its about £700-800.

The cover is identical to the standard manfacturer extended warranty that you can buy on new years ie. warranty beyond 3 years (years 4 and 5). Its not as comprehensive as the manufacturer 3 year warranty.

I am looking forward to the price of the warranty for the rs3 in Oct, not. Assuming it can be extended that is!

Renew it with 30 days of the end of the warranty. Do not wait until after, as it usually doubles. Its well worth having. Our S3 is about £430 i think for the max one £0 excess 10K audi oem parts. I think Warranty direct wanted >£1000 for less cover. It might be worth looking at the all in one service plan which includes servicing, MOTs, warranty, AA cover for 2 years. Think its about £700-800.

The cover is identical to the standard manfacturer extended warranty that you can buy on new years ie. warranty beyond 3 years (years 4 and 5). Its not as comprehensive as the manufacturer 3 year warranty.

I am looking forward to the price of the warranty for the rs3 in Oct, not. Assuming it can be extended that is!

got the all in one a few months ago for my 2018 s3.
£30pm for 2 years so £720 total.
2 services, major and minor.
2 years AA
2 MOTs
2 years warranty.
No excess I don’t think as I wasn’t charged anything for the warranty work.
as the dealer explained to me all major components covered, engine, gearbox,turbo and all factory fitted items. Oddly wiring is not covered.
it’s a bargain and for me it’s paid for itself already. They found a leak at the thermostat so that all got changed which would have been probably £1k+.

got the all in one a few months ago for my 2018 s3.
£30pm for 2 years so £720 total.
2 services, major and minor.
2 years AA
2 MOTs
2 years warranty.
No excess I don’t think as I wasn’t charged anything for the warranty work.
as the dealer explained to me all major components covered, engine, gearbox,turbo and all factory fitted items. Oddly wiring is not covered.
it’s a bargain and for me it’s paid for itself already. They found a leak at the thermostat so that all got changed which would have been probably £1k+.
I know, its alot but its good value to be fair, given how overpriced dealer labour is too

Thats the difference between the first 3 years warranty you get with a new Audi and any extended warranty that you get with your warranty or years 4 or 5 on a new build warranty, the first 3 years everything is covered except wear and tear or misuse. The extended warranties dont cover glass nor some electrics, so i am pretty sure your Virtual cockpit and stereo are not covered. Electrics that make the car work may be covered though, like ignition, headlights, etc. Similarly replacement glass isnt covered.

wow i managed to do a check on the warranty for the rs3 and its coming out at £1100. However, i think this is the normal not renewal rate as im doing the check 2 months before renewal. I did the same for the S3 and it was over £800, when the renewal was £400 ish

I know, its alot but its good value to be fair, given how overpriced dealer labour is too

Thats the difference between the first 3 years warranty you get with a new Audi and any extended warranty that you get with your warranty or years 4 or 5 on a new build warranty, the first 3 years everything is covered except wear and tear or misuse. The extended warranties dont cover glass nor some electrics, so i am pretty sure your Virtual cockpit and stereo are not covered. Electrics that make the car work may be covered though, like ignition, headlights, etc. Similarly replacement glass isnt covered.

i think it’s almost worth it for the services, mot and roadside assistance even without the warranty. If you break it down £360 per year, interim service is about £200 and £400 for major, £50 for mot, roadside with home cover etc is about £70-80 then the warranty part is looking like almost free. it’s rare I can honestly say something from Audi is good value for money :wink:
Labour is looking at £130+ per hour at dealers rate. Something simple like brake pads change has almost £200 labour on it so any problematic diagnostic or repairs will get quickly to 4 figures if you don’t have warranty.
another thing to bear in mind is if there’s anything wrong you will have to pay for initial diagnostic and if it’s covered under warranty then you will get it back. Where as the factory warranty is a case of leave them to deal with it.
also budget for brake fluid change, haldex service and gearbox service as that’s not included in the plan. Gearbox for me was around £250 extra, slightly cheaper for haldex and brake fluid.

I renewed mine (extended warranty, not manufacturer's) on the S4 not long ago, got the price 30 days before but funnily enough it dropped even more a few days before expiry, so I'd say leave it until a couple of days before it expires to renew.
Cost me £495 with £100 excess and 10k miles (though the car is doing 5k at most at the moment!)

Does anyone know if this is still the case? My original 3 year warranty runs out at the end of August, and I was about to extend online but might wait until nearer the time if it is likely to get cheaper.
Yes it is. Also note that you don't have to have it serviced by a main dealership to keep the warranty valid, as long as it's done to Audi recommendations using genuine parts you are fine...I've got that in an email direct from Audi warranty.

War

I did look at the all in last year as it looked a good deal, when questioned they were a bit vague about what isn't included in the warranty and also if you pay monthly and then sell the car mid policy you still have to keep paying the monthly payments until they are finished! That also put me off...so I stayed with pay when I need the service/warranty. if you sell the car mid policy you then get a pro-rata refund.

I may be wrong but I'm sure someone said on here that they don't included extras like brake fluids in the price of the all in?!?!

Yes it is. Also note that you don't have to have it serviced by a main dealership to keep the warranty valid, as long as it's done to Audi recommendations using genuine parts you are fine...I've got that in an email direct from Audi warranty.

View attachment 257680

I did look at the all in last year as it looked a good deal, when questioned they were a bit vague about what isn't included in the warranty and also if you pay monthly and then sell the car mid policy you still have to keep paying the monthly payments until they are finished! That also put me off...so I stayed with pay when I need the service/warranty. if you sell the car mid policy you then get a pro-rata refund.

I may be wrong but I'm sure someone said on here that they don't included extras like brake fluids in the price of the all in?!?!

the all in services don’t include extras like brake fluid, air con, haldex etc.
you have the option to pay for the whole thing up front if you want which will be around £720 for the 2 years but since it’s interest free there’s no point. it is transferable to new owners so might make it a more appealing sell a car with warranty and service but I think the remainder balance does need paid up front.
It does say in the warranty wording is all electrical and mechanical components fitted at factory is covered.
Mine has already paid for itself with one claim for coolant leak so I think it’s worth it.

https://customer.vwfs.co.uk/content/dam/bluelabel/valid/www-vwfs-co-uk/documents/Audi_Warranty–Terms_and_Conditions.pdf

Reactions: S32B
Just checked mine out.

2018/18 S3, 34k miles bought from Audi as used approved / last serviced by Audi.

All component cover, less than 10k miles per year, zero excess = £896.78 (one year)

So it’s past its 3 year manufacture warranty but still within the Audi 12 month used warranty (from when I bought it in March 22)

So where do I stand here? Wait til near the expiry of the 12months since I bought the car?

Any reason why it’s over £800?

cheers

Just checked mine out.

2018/18 S3, 34k miles bought from Audi as used approved / last serviced by Audi.

All component cover, less than 10k miles per year, zero excess = £896.78 (one year)

So it’s past its 3 year manufacture warranty but still within the Audi 12 month used warranty (from when I bought it in March 22)

So where do I stand here? Wait til near the expiry of the 12months since I bought the car?

cheers
Wow I got 2 years servicing , warranty , road side assistance , mots for £720 when my car turned 3 years old . I wouldn't be paying that amount for 1 year .

Reactions: MikeTV
Just checked mine out.

cheers
I think you got that price as you are not the owner from new. Same as if someone owns it from new BUT lets the factory warranty drop for a day or two and then does the quote.

If you know you are going to keep it go all in/quote.

Just checked mine out.

cheers

I was told if the car already has a service plan or warranty you can’t get another till it expires or very close to expiry.
I couldn’t get the all in as I got the 2 year service plan during covid so had to wait till it ran out before I could get the all in. Mine was without warranty for a year before I purchased the all in. They also changed it recently as you need your car booked in for a health check before they can sell you the all in whereas before you can just get it over the phone without any hassle.