Audi Finance

NormantheDog

Reaction score
I'm sure it has been asked before but if I have the cash to pay for my car outright are there any benefits in taking out the finance - I know all the disadvantages of using their finance. If there are any advantages and you take it out but pay it off within the first two weeks presumably you still get hit for the paperwork charges / admin fees? I read somewhere that dealers get commission for selling the finance doubt they would split the benefits with you though.

It's not the case with the RS3 yet, but Audi UK will start offer 'finance contributions' at some point.

If you cancel the policy within the 14 day cooling off period you pay only the interest on the 1-14 days you hold the policy. After 14 days they will charge a small admin fee as well.
Dealerships will ask you not to cancel it for at least 3 payments (or could be 8 - can't remember) or they lose the commission on it - but you are under no obligation to do as they ask (usually best not tell them you plan to cancel it).

Reactions: NormantheDog
I read it that no charges were incurred in those 14 days cooling off but can't see any advantages in taking it anyway apart from two weeks of my own interest.

I took PCP out on my A3 then changed my mine within the first week and paid it off in full.
I paid no Admin fee or interest, plus kept the 3 years free servicing and GAP insurance that was part of the PCP deal

It's all down to personal choice and circumstances.

Reactions: T-800
I took PCP out on my A3 then changed my mine within the first week and paid it off in full.
I paid no Admin fee or interest, plus kept the 3 years free servicing and GAP insurance that was part of the PCP deal

It's all down to personal choice and circumstances.
No that's exactly it if they were offering some kind of an incentive like free servicing then I would do it or a dealer contribution but there isn't anything.

It is possible to get a very good rate on Audi Finance such that it may be financially viable to invest the cash elsewhere.

Reactions: XR53_DAN
I haven't been offered a 'good' rate by any of the dealers I have spoken to and all about the same %. It's probably too earl to get a good rate on an RS3 at the moment possibly?

Excellent discounts and interest rates available for an S5...

Excellent discounts and interest rates available for an S5...
Yeah, massive depreciation as well as it's an end of the line model and replaced next year. Seriously, even with a big discount like those being offered all over at the moment, you'll end up losing a good amount of cash on one. I walked away from a superb deal on an RS4 because of that.

Reactions: DommyR