Audi front bumper?

D.rc

Reaction score
Hi i just bought a new audi a3 2.0TFSI black edition , replacing my old black edition however i never actually noticed that the car i just bought actually has a different front bumper from my previous. i have added a photo comparing it to the s line BE bumper on my old one
New
Upload 2021 1 1 22 10 11
Old
Upload 2021 1 1 22 9 26

at first i thought it might be a S3 bumper however its slightly different ?
mainly the fog light surrounds different shapes , and no flare under the fog lights like the second photo
would anyone be able to tell me why the bumpers different ? is it not a genuine or were they manufactured with this bumper also?

Last edited:
The old one looks a lot like my standard s line one

4d7e4681475fbed6f0653bbeab3c8dfb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: D.rc
your new a3 has a bumper used on the SE, technik and sport models.
your old one, and the one in troubs' pic is the s-line bumper.

the black edition is essentially a blackened version of the s-line, so your new one is wearing the wrong bumper
have you got a pic of the rear diffuser? the sport and s-line diffusers are different.

your new a3 has a bumper used on the SE, technik and sport models.
your old one, and the one in troubs' pic is the s-line bumper.

the black edition is essentially a blackened version of the s-line, so your new one is wearing the wrong bumper
have you got a pic of the rear diffuser? the sport and s-line diffusers are different.

ah i see so it has the incorrect front bumper for its trim level , i do believe the rear is correct as it has the honeycomb diffuser and also has a wing but here's a photo anyway
Upload 2021 1 1 23 52 9
So its quite possible the car was in a front end incident ? i suppose as it has the incorrect bumper?

yep thats an sline diffuser, so the front is definitely wrong.
only logical reason for changing it would be that the original was damaged somehow.

also are you sure thats a legit black edition, as the door trims are aluminium whereas on BEs they are piano black.

yep thats an sline diffuser, so the front is definitely wrong.
only logical reason for changing it would be that the original was damaged somehow.

also are you sure thats a legit black edition, as the door trims are aluminium whereas on BEs they are piano black.

i was thinking same also as my 3 door had a dark trim on door panel, but it has bose , and flat bottom. when i put the reg in on parkers.co.uk it shows up as a special edition. so i have no idea why the trims silver in that case
Upload 2021 1 2 0 17 17
i checked the headlights etc and they seem to match the date of when the car was made so it must of had some kind of knock on the front thank you for the help clarifying !