Audi GSM Prep - Bluetooth compatibility?

col6821

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just purchased a 2005 TT with pre-wired GSM cradle.
Rather than purchase a specific cradle for my phone, I'd like to buy a bluetooth cradle and card, does anyone know if this is possible?

I believe that the Audi GSM kit is supplied by Cullmann, and they currently offer a bluetooth card compatible with their VC4 mounting.

Is the GSM kit in my TT VC4 or VC3?

Has anyone tried this, or is there a better solution?

Thanks

Col

Your phone prep is already BT enabled.

Search for the prep from your phone with the ignition on.

Audi UHVxxxx

Passcode 1234

s8craig said:
Your phone prep is already BT enabled.

Search for the prep from your phone with the ignition on.

Audi UHVxxxx

Passcode 1234

Oh, I tried that but the phone didn't pick up any BT devices. Is that because there's no cradle on the dash mount?
The salesman advised that it was only GSM and not BT?

Cheers.

Try searching within the first 5 minutes of switching on the ignition?

Thanks

I tried the above and have now found the device and connected with the code given above, but when making or receiving calls I don't have any dial tone coming through the car speakers.

When the devices connect the stereo shows 'phone' but that's about it, no further interaction afterwards.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

It's a Sony Erricsson K750i

I thought that may be the issue, It's been dropping it's BT connection to my headset recently.

My Wife has a Motorola RAZR, I may try that tomorrow.

Cheers s8craig.

K750i's are pretty rock solid, but you need to make sure you have the latest firmware installed.

Use the SE website for updates

From what I understand the SE cannot transfer ringtones, so if you have weird non standard tone it may be the issue.

Basically you should hear the normal sounds when calling the other person like a normal call and then the ring tone in your phone should sound when a call comes in. But that will also have the AUdi ring tone at the same time.

If that doesn't work it is also possible that bluetooth is turned off.

You will need VAG-COM to check/modify this.

Select]
[77 - Telephone]
[Adaptation - 10]
Channel 133
[Read]
  • 0 = Bluetooth OFF
  • 1 = Bluetooth ON
[Test]
[Save]
[Done, Go Back]
[Close Controller, Go Back - 06]

Hands Free Function

[Select]
[77 - Telephone]
[Adaptation - 10]
Channel 134
[Read]

• 0 = Hands-free active while Bluetooth connection is active but without cell phone engaged
  • 1 = Hands-free only active with cell phone engaged
[Test]
[Save]
[Done, Go Back]
[Close Controller, Go Back - 06]

s8craig said:
I think his BT works, it's just unreliable.

Ahh yes, I missed the post were he said it paired.

So if it pairs then bluetooth is definately turned on. Sorry.

I suppose a good test would be to find someone with a known compatible phone and see if that works.

As it is a factory fit phone prep it is unlikely to be coding but I had exactly the same issues when I first retrofitted my bluetooth. It worked fine once I had sorted the coding. So it might be worth getting it checked just incase?

Thanks Guy's

I tried it this morning with a Motorla RAZR and it works fine which is good as it's my Wife's phone and she drives the car more!

We've been in and out of the car all day, and the BT in the car has connected to the phone everytime.

Unable to buy a bracket for the RAZR though, but at £100.01 I'm not that bothered!

Thanks everyone for your help.

Col