Audi LED number plate lights now available

did you try today again?

as mine sometimes throws number plate light error, and the lights don't work. but usually after opening and closing the boot they work again. don't know if contact plates are short or it has to do something with cold weather.

I haven't checked today as I got a lift to work, I'll check when I get home.
If they are still off then I might take them out at the weekend and check the contacts.

did you try today again?

as mine sometimes throws number plate light error, and the lights don't work. but usually after opening and closing the boot they work again. don't know if contact plates are short or it has to do something with cold weather.

Just checked and when I turn my lights on, the number plates LEDs light up for 5 seconds and then go off.
Any idea why this has started doing it all of a sudden?

hm...don't know. didn't have any issue like that. but i know when i did fit mine that i had to extend contact plate ends so it sits there nicely and closes the circuit. and now and then i get the error and they go off but as i've said opening and closing the boot usually solves that for a while :D

maybe loose contact?

Update.

Rather than repost, I thought i would update this post, as it already has the LED photos and part numbers present for the A5 LED', fitted into 2010+ cars, more specifically my RS3.

Genuine VCDS Lead. MY2012 car.
You will need a BCM of 650 or higher, or you may get a bulb fail DIS fault.

Quick Procedure.
09-Central Elec
Coding-07
Long Coding Helper
Byte 17, bit 7 (tick it)
close page
DO IT
Close and exit.

Pictorial procedure.

Opening VCDS page

Choose -09 - Central Elec

Choose Coding - 07 - BCM Ver shown top right. Mine is 667.

Choose Long Coding Helper ( Library Picture, Ignore Long Coding)

Choose Byte 17 Bit 7 - Coding Before
5 Numberplate  before

Tick Byte 17 Bit 7 Coding After
6 Numberplate After

Close page, and DO IT ( Library Picture, Ignore Long Coding)
7 Central Elect  09 DO IT

Number Plate lights before
Before

and after

After

All at your own risk. Take notes of settings before changes, so you can reverse them.

Reactions: RYes3, klauster and T-800
I done this to my 2012 8pa a3 20 tdi black edition yesterday it worked a treat ! Great write up No more warning lights
Thanks for the info

Fitted some to my 3dr, no coding needed, had to slightly adjust the plastics as the screwhole was offset, but that took 5 minutes or so & they were cheap but very good light, so no chance my plate not being seen by speed cams lol.

Fitted some to my 3dr, no coding needed, had to slightly adjust the plastics as the screwhole was offset, but that took 5 minutes or so & they were cheap but very good light, so no chance my plate not being seen by speed cams lol.

i used genuine audi leds there was no mods needed to the screw holes i had tried kufatec warning light adapter first to try stop the warning on the display but it didn't work ..i then found this post and coding has worked a treat just like factory :)

Yeah the Audi ones aren't setup to provide the correct resistance for cold diagnosis, whereas aftermarkets are designed to act like halogens, so no coding.

Audi ones do fit pnp but I was testing a supplier, worked out.

Reactions: mark@cmbautos
Yeah the Audi ones aren't setup to provide the correct resistance for cold diagnosis, whereas aftermarkets are designed to act like halogens, so no coding.

Audi ones do fit pnp but I was testing a supplier, worked out.

yeah I had eBay jobs in mine before I bought these no errors but they were way to bright and lit up the road

How do we get the reverse lights switched to LED? Ive had my number plate lights coded out and i was hoping that this would also cure the reverse lights but no matter what LED bulb i put in there, they throw up both bulb out warnings.