Audi loan car insurance

Raul_sbd

Reaction score
Tomorrow my car will be in for service in the Audi Dealership.
This is the first time i go to this branch as the other one would not offer me a car for the day due to COVID situation.
The service representative on the phone made clear that would advice for me to take the £15 daily charge to waive the excess in case of an accident.
Do you have any previous experience of this ‘charge’ that Audi is trying to sell me? Previously i had a courtesy cars in Audi without the service representative mentioning this £15 waive charge.

Thanks in advance!

Yes I have experienced this. It started several years ago but labelled y my dealer network as an admin fee for use of the loan car, not an insurance excess waiver ( in England)

To the title of your post, this puts the car on their insurance, not yours.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raul_sbd
My local dealer doesn't charge anything for a courtesy car.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: S32B
So do you advice to take this £15 daily charge? Adviser made very clear that if something happened then i was liable to pay £1000.. if i was not taking this waive charge.

So do you advice to take this £15 daily charge? Adviser made very clear that if something happened then i was liable to pay £1000.. if i was not taking this waive charge.

I can’t answer that question as it depends on both your personal view of risk and the change in excess with or without the fee. From what you have said, it sounds similar to the many damage waivers most car hire companies offer.

Adam - I wasn’t happy when my dealer introduced it and expressed my disappointment but wasn’t going to cut off my nose to spite my face for the sake of £15. I guess they were banking on that, even though it was labelled as an admin fee not waiver.

One bonus of having a courtesy car is when they phone you at 3pm saying your car won’t be ready that day: simple response ‘so you’ll extend my courtesy car cover then’ and then the car is magically fixed by 6pm the same day.

Last edited:
Reactions: BarryG79, S32B, Adam14 and 1 other person
Makes sense.. not really bother by the £15 but my car is in for service and a few bits under warranty.. and if is going to stay ie 3 days that will be more of a concern at £45.. will make my service more expensive lol.. but yes i need the courtesy car to come back from Stockport to Sale ;)

What I would say is when you return the car ask them to walk around the car with you before you leave! That way if someone reversed into it and drove off you aren't going to get the blame.

I had a demo Z4 for the afternoon in 2014, when taking it back I parked outside and went in and gave them the keys...she just sat there! I said can you look at the car please to see that there's no damage on it? She came out, looked at the car, said everything was fine and I walked over to my car. As I got into my car she had stopped to talk to a customer in the car park, whilst this was happening another car was about to reverse into the Z4 I'd just taken back!!! Luckily she shouted the driver and he stopped. So ever since then if I have a test drive, courtesy car or even leave my own car somewhere I always ask for them to walk around the car with me to prove it has no damage.

Reactions: Damo S
All good, service done. No charge for the courtesy car but she did mention £50 excess in case any damage. Left the car and did not even check it.. neither I did tbh was quite dirty in and outside.. nice but underpowered Audi Q3 35 tdi Quattro.. when I had my 1.4 tfsi 150 felt a lot lighter and faster lol

Attachments

• 350A655C-112A-4967-8458-C9E00965A1F7.jpeg
    350A655C-112A-4967-8458-C9E00965A1F7.jpeg
    443.4 KB · Views: 224
Typical lousy Audi customer service.

I need to get mine MOT before the lease ends. When I booked it in yesterday I was advised no waiting, no courtesy cars, no collection and delivery. Basically drop your car off and do one. As the nearest dealer to me is around 7 miles away I'm going to have to get creative on how I get home and back to collect it.

Less than 30 days and BCA will take it away and my nightmare experience with Audi will end.

I need to get mine MOT before the lease ends. When I booked it in yesterday I was advised no waiting, no courtesy cars, no collection and delivery. Basically drop your car off and do one. As the nearest dealer to me is around 7 miles away I'm going to have to get creative on how I get home and back to collect it.

Less than 30 days and BCA will take it away and my nightmare experience with Audi will end.
Sounds like your local dealer is awful (as opposed to Audi on a whole). Mine is in for warranty work but was told if I wanted a courtesy car it was a longer wait due to fewer cars being available. It's a shame some dealers couldn't give a toss after a car has been sold.

I need to get mine MOT before the lease ends. When I booked it in yesterday I was advised no waiting, no courtesy cars, no collection and delivery.

To be fair, our local (very good) independent is currently operating on that basis. Park your car, pop the keys through a window, and come back when it's done. I'm wanting a Haldex oil change & filter clean, but where they're located isn't that exciting, and it's also 7 miles away.

Sounds like your local dealer is awful (as opposed to Audi on a whole). Mine is in for warranty work but was told if I wanted a courtesy car it was a longer wait due to fewer cars being available. It's a shame some dealers couldn't give a toss after a car has been sold.

It maybe franchise specific, in the NW we have Jardine, when I booked the car in the the rules are the same no matter which dealership you use. The virus is serious, don't get me wrong but if I can sit in a restaurant and have a meal, why I can't I sit in a waiting area observing social distance with a mask on? I bet if I phoned up wanting to visit a dealer to discuss a new car purchase there wouldn't be any access issues. Thanks to poor customer service on a warranty claim, my view of Audi customer service is pretty low, unfortunately this just adds to it.

Last edited:
My dealer introduced this charge a couple of years ago. I've always agreed to pay it but never been charged when I have picked my car up, even if I've had the loaner a few days with warranty work. They only look around the car when I take it away, never when returning.
In practice, I don't think the dealers actually care if you thrash them, have a small scrape or even kerb a wheel rim. The just put it down to wear and tear and fix them up before they sell them as "almost new with massive saving on list price" (cost price).
My guess would be that a dealership would only bother claiming on the insurance if you were to have a major. Has anyone ever had to pay any excess after damaging a loan car?

Reactions: JohnM100 and Raul_sbd
My dealer introduced this charge a couple of years ago. I've always agreed to pay it but never been charged when I have picked my car up, even if I've had the loaner a few days with warranty work. They only look around the car when I take it away, never when returning.
In practice, I don't think the dealers actually care if you thrash them, have a small scrape or even kerb a wheel rim. The just put it down to wear and tear and fix them up before they sell them as "almost new with massive saving on list price" (cost price).
My guess would be that a dealership would only bother claiming on the insurance if you were to have a major. Has anyone ever had to pay any excess after damaging a loan car?
Spot on and 100% agree on all you said. They said to me on the phone would be a charge of £15 day charge but then no charge at all for the Q3 I had.

Also noticed a couple of scratches the car already had as soon as I arrived home and they did not even check the car or nothing..

But yes I agree I reported 3 minor rattles on the car and obvious I had the typical reply.. we couldn’t hear anything.. further investigation need it lol

It maybe franchise specific, in the NW we have Jardine, when I booked the car in the the rules are the same no matter which dealership you use. The virus is serious, don't get me wrong but if I can sit in a restaurant and have a meal, why I can't I sit in a waiting area observing social distance with a mask on? I bet if I phoned up wanting to visit a dealer to discuss a new car purchase there wouldn't be any access issues. Thanks to poor customer service on a warranty claim, my view of Audi customer service is pretty low, unfortunately this just adds to it.
Shame you've had a bad experience but gotta vote with your feet, if that's the service you have had then I don't blame you.

Shame you've had a bad experience but gotta vote with your feet, if that's the service you have had then I don't blame you.

The problem is, when I’ve been reading other motoring forums, it appears the after-sales service of other perceived ‘premium brand’ manufacturers, such as BMW, MB, JLR, VW, etc, are just as poor as some of the Audi dealers, so where do you put your hard earned on your next car!!?? ☹️☹️

The problem is, when I’ve been reading other motoring forums, it appears the after-sales service of other perceived ‘premium brand’ manufacturers, such as BMW, MB, JLR, VW, etc, are just as poor as some of the Audi dealers, so where do you put your hard earned on your next car!!??
Of course, it's a tricky one. For example my local BMW dealer is horrendous, wouldn't even consider getting a car from them which then puts me off BMW unless I want to travel which I'm not against.
Im saying OP has had a bad experience with his local dealer and Audi and that's all you can go off, my own personal experience is my local dealer and my dealings with Audi UK have been spot on. So based off my personal experience and dealings I'd have no real reason to move, unless a car come along from another brand that really tempted.

If it's just an MOT do Audi have to do it? Check they aren't going to hit you for a service as well...mine is due its first MOT and 3rd service at the same time.

I phoned my Indy up last week to ask about the service & MOT....Can I wait whilst you do it? Yes that's not a problem.

Reactions: Phutters
If it's just an MOT do Audi have to do it? Check they aren't going to hit you for a service as well...mine is due its first MOT and 3rd service at the same time.

I phoned my Indy up last week to ask about the service & MOT....Can I wait whilst you do it? Yes that's not a problem.

To be fair it can but the car is covered by a maintenance contract as part of the monthly lease cost (company car) so effectively ive already paid Audi to do the work. Think its due a brake fluid change as well

As a matter of interest I tweeted Jardine to see if I could visit the dealerships, there response was yes by pre appointment so I don't get why I can't wait while the work is completed

The problem is, when I’ve been reading other motoring forums, it appears the after-sales service of other perceived ‘premium brand’ manufacturers, such as BMW, MB, JLR, VW, etc, are just as poor as some of the Audi dealers, so where do you put your hard earned on your next car!!?? ☹️☹️

Thats the problem with forums, everyone likes to moan how badly they have been treated, very few people write positive comments. My local VW aftersales is excellent, I only bought the A3 because I couldnt have the golf I wanted during the transition from 7 to 7.5.

I even asked them if they could perform warranty work on the A3 it being a golf with lipstick, they declined.

Whilst this is an Audi forum for users from any country, I don’t think a US payday lender with maximum $1,500 is applicable

Tagging Mods & @Sandra

Whilst this is an Audi forum for users from any country, I don’t think a US payday lender with maximum $1,500 is applicable

Tagging Mods & @Sandra
Thanks John. All sorted :thumbs up:

Reactions: JohnM100
I've owned VAG cars since 2004, Seat, VW, Skoda and Audi. I've yet to have need of an Audi loan car but my experience of loan cars within the group varies.
Many years ago Seat provided at no cost a loan vehicle whilst mine was in for service. VW wanted to charge for insurance cover when vehicle was in for service, but when in for warranty work [dual mass flywheel failure] a car materialised at no cost within minutes. Skoda were similar to VW, but when in for service I showed my very comprehensive insurance certificate and they let me have a car without insurance cover cost.
The later two [most recent] cases lead me to think that if a car is in for a warranty issue it is at cost to the manufacturer and not garage and a car is made available at no cost. If the car is in for general service then the garage is providing a vehicle at cost to them and subsequently this cost may be passed on to you.
Do we have a dealer or service department on the forum who can confirm or deny by observation?

Colin

Not all companies can offer good loan conditions. Perhaps it would be better to learn more about the company you are going to apply to, and for this you can use this site https://geldlenen-spoed.nl/snel-geld-lenen You will find the ratings of the most popular loan providers according to the feature you are interested in, and read the reviews of people who have dealt with these companies.

Last edited:
I financed half of my Mortgage Broker Leicester Audi, 7 years ago. Best decision I've made. It would be better to choose half financing because it shows you can save the amount you need to pay off, and you would not get in over my head. I just financed half of a Tesla vehicle too. 3% interest rate through my credit union. I have a perfect credit score and have been banking with them for over 20 years, including previous new car loans. I don't think you'll have a problem buying a car.

Hey there! I totally get what you're going through. Last year, I took my Audi in for a service and they offered me a loaner car as well. But they only mentioned the £15 waiver charge once I got there. To be honest, it was a bit confusing for me too. However, I had a chat with the rep, and apparently, it's meant to cover you for any accidents or damage that might occur when you're using the loaner car. It's optional, but it could save you some money in case anything happens. I decided to go for it, just for peace of mind. Funny thing, though: my friend who works as a Mortgage Broker in Chesterfield had the same experience. They ended up taking the waiver too. Better safe than sorry, right?

Honestly, I haven't come across this specific charge before, so I'm not entirely sure what it's all about. It's possible that they recently implemented it due to COVID or some other reason.

To get a better understanding, I'd recommend reaching out to the service representative and asking them about it (or at least a Mortgage Broker in Huddersfield). It's always good to double-check and get all the details, especially if it wasn't mentioned during your previous visits.

It's always good to be informed about these additional charges when you're getting a loan car from the Audi dealership.

The £15 daily charge to waive the excess in case of an accident might be a new policy or a branch-specific practice. It's strange that you weren't informed about it during previous courtesy car experiences.

The £15 daily charge to waive the excess in case of an accident might be a new policy or a branch-specific practice. It's strange that you weren't informed about it during previous courtesy car experiences.
I'd recommend checking with other Audi owners or even reaching out to Audi customer support to see if this is standard practice across all branches or if it varies. It's essential to have a clear understanding of any charges associated with the loan car to avoid any surprises.
And if you ever need financial advice or assistance beyond car-related matters, remember that the Mortgage Broker in Kingswood is there to help with all your financial queries.