Audi Loan/Courtesy Car

SRB93

S5 B9 Coupe - Glacier White
Reaction score
Currently my car was promised for a December Delivery ( S5 Coupe) However, due to the recent homologation issues regarding the Engine/C02 issues. My car doesn't even start construction until December 4th, which means I'll be waiting until the new year for my car.

Discussing this with my Audi Salesmen, he's said that they will "give" me a car to use whilst I wait for my vehicle to arrive. This is due to my current car (Leased) returning early December, meaning I wouldn't have a car to drive..

Question is: What sort of loan car could I expect? Anything equivalent.. if not, should I ask for something that I'd prefer to use in the mean while. I was thinking of asking for a Q5 or Q7 as the other half is looking for an SUV later next year, obviously just allowing her to get a taste without actually driving it. Or possibly being completely cheeky and asking for an RS3 :D

What are your thoughts and experience if any in this situation?

Thanks

I've always been lucky with cars from Aberdeen Audi. If I catch the salesman I always use he will sort a demo out for me rather than having to book a pay for a courtesy car. The best I've had was a Sepang Blue RS6 :sunglasses:, big step up considering I owned an S3 at the time! In my case I would definitely say it is down to relationship I have with the salesman.

Reactions: SRB93
Very lucky indeed!

If you're not paying for the new car until it actually arrives then your likely to be Ina demo or courtesy car.

It might be a city run around ?A1 but a nice chat with the salesman might mean they can secure a better car for you but they'll be loath to put you in a car that means other customers can't demo it etc.

When this happened to me they put me in an A3 for two weeks. I was thankful that I had a car to use and wasn't too fussed that it wasn't the same as the A4 Avant on order.

Valid point! I only had the cars for 1 or 2 days max, longer term could have been a different story.

That said, you may have a bit of an upper hand because of the delay...

I'm happy with whatever they give me, i just thought with the circumstances I'd give it a shot!

Sales guy has got back to me and can't guarantee me anything equivalent of the S5 engine due to my age... but is looking into it. It's more than likely going to be something less exciting as I could potentially be using it for over a month.

We shall see.

Always worth asking. You might drop lucky.

My 10 year old A6 went in for 3 weeks for flywheel replacement on warranty and they gave me a brand new fully loaded one, always worth a try

That's an interesting comment about your age. It was last year when I was 25 when I had the RS6 for a shot.

That's an interesting comment about your age. It was last year when I was 25 when I had the RS6 for a shot.

I think 25 is the sweet spot in terms on insurance, Being 23 is rather annoying not being able to drive the vehicle i'm buying.

That's
I think 25 is the sweet spot in terms on insurance, Being 23 is rather annoying not being able to drive the vehicle i'm buying.

That's quite frustrating!

What are the homologation issues regarding the Engine/C02 issues that you mentioned. Curious as nothing was or has been said to me...

That's

That's quite frustrating!

What are the homologation issues regarding the Engine/C02 issues that you mentioned. Curious as nothing was or has been said to me...

Well it's all very confusing, I work in the Automotive industry myself, so when my salesmen was relaying back information regarding the issues, it was very obvious that he was quite unsure of what exactly is going on. (Had to state "Homologation" for him when he was struggling to spit it out")

As far as I can understand, Audi don't want a repeat of what is occurring with VW and Mercedes regarding untrue figures, i.e, MPG, CO2. So they have stopped supplies of the engines where software updates can be made at the supplier (Assuming) thus needing testing and homologation thus preventing the line from creating more vehicles at a certain point. I'm sure that they are carrying on with orders that currently with whatever engines they have.

Honestly, I don't think anyone will be able to give a definitive answer unless you work directly for Audi under the A5 Programme, yet most value their jobs. So we will never know fully.