Audi Lock Actuator

Adam Vali

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have an Audi A3 58 facelift model. My rear drivers side door does not open from the inside or outside.

I can hear the lock so my mechanic said that I need a lock actuator and it MUST BE 8-PIN

Unfortunately I've been looking for about 1 week and I can't find any 8-pins.

Is it possible to use a 7pin lock actuator?

I got mine from ebay just a 5 door n/s/r lock and it worked

That's what I'm saying I have no idea just ordered the lock. I have no idea why one would have 7 and another 8

It's not like the extra pin would do anything ie power anything different. Loads of breakers on ebay/ facebook

Yeah that is true, I'll have to order a 7 pin and try that out. Thanks for the advice. I'll keep this thread posted on any updates

Reactions: LEE69
Have a look on this site ( https://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/ ) to identify your car, and the door lock part number, alternatively you can take the door card of and get the *8PO part number from the actual lock fitted.
You can then search on ebay for that part number knowing that you have the right part. Lets be honest your mechanic did say 'MUST BE 8-PIN'
for a reason, be a shame for you to get the 7 pin and find that some part of the locking or other electrics would not work.

I've found a breaking car on ebay today and he's got an 8-pin lock. I'll have to see it once I get it.

Upload 2018 12 17 15 42 56

I want to know what the other pin does haha

Reactions: Adam Vali
I would only replace it with a brand new one. It is just a matter of time on how long it will last. Its a common failure on most Audi and VAG cars.

I have so far replaced

2007 Audi A3 8p Sportback all 4 door locks all failed at various months at 8 years old.

2008 Audi A4 B8 saloon all 4 door locks between 5-8 years old

2 family members have replaced their Audi A6 c7 both cars drivers doors so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, my front two doors were done by Audi last year with the previous owner. Left rear last week and hopefully right rear this week

I would only replace it with a brand new one. It is just a matter of time on how long it will last. Its a common failure on most Audi and VAG cars.

I have so far replaced

2007 Audi A3 8p Sportback all 4 door locks all failed at various months at 8 years old.

2008 Audi A4 B8 saloon all 4 door locks between 5-8 years old

2 family members have replaced their Audi A6 c7 both cars drivers doors so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mines on original and I got a secondhand one from ebay about 3/4 years ago and it's still ok.