Audi Mailbox?

HawkeyeS3

Reaction score
Maybe it's me, but what is Mailbox that appears in the MMI under phone, what does it do, how do you set it up, and, more importantly is it any use?

Have read the manual, but really none the wiser.......not sure if I am missing anything? If I select it, it asks me for a mailbox number - where does one obtain that?

Text message

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? Is that all? If that's the case what a waste, as I already get text messages come through MMI without Mailbox.

I though mailbox was the place to store your voicemail access number add to access your voice mail ... Might be wrong though, never used it

Tried this last night, put in 123 into the mailbox number and all it does is dial my voicemail same as it would if dialing 123 from my phone ... Does seem like a pointless option as you could just save a contract called 'voicemail' in your list and use that??

By the way 123 is the number I use on my mobile provider to access voicemail (3 UK) will be different for other networks

Pointless then it seems. Wonder why Audi bothered.....

Thanks for all the replies, good to know now that I'm not missing out on anything !!!!

Really? Is that all? If that's the case what a waste, as I already get text messages come through MMI without Mailbox.

My text messages dont come through on the mmi. I have the phone connected via bluetooth. Anything i need to do? I use an iphone 6. I do have the standard mmi and no tech pack

I would also like to know how to get text messages through the MMI. My 8P Black Edition did it when bluetoothed to my Windows phone, but the 8V doesn't :S

I think you need tech pack high for this

Go to phone, Bluetooth settings, select currently paired phone, messages should be the bottom option under hands free and audio player (or something like that) whale messages if you have it.

Note that it works better on Android devices, send a bit limited on iPhone, you can get unread messages but that's about it

To be honest if you want messages in your car easily buy an apple watch or Android equivalent, much easier and cheaper, I've got it in car but can't see me using it very often if at all

I would also like to know how to get text messages through the MMI. My 8P Black Edition did it when bluetoothed to my Windows phone, but the 8V doesn't :S

It can be done, but only if you have the tech pack (or higher) I believe. I'm away with work at present, but have the notes on how to do this at home, so will pm you details later this week if no one advises here.

Reactions: Neil C
Mailbox is for your voice messages on your phone, To set it up key in your voicemail number and away you go
I use it all the time and find it great for catching up on missed calls which have left a voicemail.

Reactions: HawkeyeS3
Mailbox is for your voice messages on your phone, To set it up key in your voicemail number and away you go
I use it all the time and find it great for catching up on missed calls which have left a voicemail.

Ah! Brilliant thank you, now I understand it's use!!!!

I have the Tech Pack and I have had a couple of e-mails in the mailbox, but not for a while now. I do get text messages in. iPhone 6 user