audi main dealer

peakey

Reaction score
Hi my cars going in over the next few weeks to have some work done on it as its rusting on the roof rails. Its being done for free as you all know we have this 12 years cover. Was wondering when anyone else took there cars in to have work done did you get a courtesy car or would i be pushing it a bit

cheers

peakey said:
Hi my cars going in over the next few weeks to have some work done on it as its rusting on the roof rails. Its being done for free as you all know we have this 12 years cover. Was wondering when anyone else took there cars in to have work done did you get a courtesy car or would i be pushing it a bit

cheers

yeh you always get a courtesy car at main dealer, one of the plus sides of having your pants removed! that and they always wash/wax your car!

IDUA3 said:
... and they always wash/wax your car!
Don't you mean they always scratch your car and kerb your wheels???

I'd rather they didn't have some f***wit on minimum wage ragging my car around and washing it with water that they've been using all day with a sponge that contains more grit a snowplough.

haha, is the body shop at the audi dealer?

When my car was done under the 12 year warranty, it went to the local audi approved place, and i was given a 1.2 skoda fabia for a week....

Dropped mine in this morning. Will be getting it back next week. Got an 07 reg VW Fox Urban 1.2 in the meantime. Not a bad little car. Feels quite high of the ground though - almost like being in a 4x4 compared to the S3.

I have just picked up my car from Audi today after having the same warrenty work done on the roof. It has come back immaculate inside and out and the finish is fantastic.

Anyway, I had a brand new A4 (100 miles on the clock) for the week it was with them so I cant complain at all.

shollis said:
...I had a brand new A4 (100 miles on the clock) for the week it was with them so I cant complain at all.
You've done better than me, then :crying: New A4 vs. VW Fox...

so does everyone that owns a s3 have this warranty on the paintwork rusting? what if i'm not the first owner of my car? and does it have to go back to the dealer frokm which it was purchased?

Slick S3 said:
so does everyone that owns a s3 have this warranty on the paintwork rusting?
Yes - it is valid for 12 years

Slick S3 said:
what if i'm not the first owner of my car?
Doesn't matter, the warranty is with the car

Slick S3 said:
and does it have to go back to the dealer frokm which it was purchased?
No, mine was personally imported by the original garage

You also don't have to have had it serviced at an Audi garage - mine only ever had one service at 18 months. Only thing to bear in mind is that the rust or paint problems have to occur from within, and the paintwork has to be original. If the paint is broken (e.g. stone chip, scratch, accident damage) then it isn't valid. If the paint is bubbling as a result of a problem beneath the paint, then it should be covered.

thanks mate .....that clears that up....got a few tiny tiny bubbles on my roof.!