Audi Maps Update

Marek196c

Gilera Runner / A3 Sportback
Reaction score
Hi everyone, writing in name of my dad about the most rolled-over question. Navigation updates.
So he got an 13 plate A6 C7 with MMI 3G+ and maps on SD card, the card is from 2013 so as you can guess it's a bit off date, so he wanted to update it but seem to do it with Audi it's cost of 200£ (not expected for car that new was worth over 20k£, i.e. Tom Tom device + life updates for 100£) so seen some threads on forum mainly A3 8V also on other forums but couldn't find any precise answer (as some dead links and other is just coffee talking). So my question is: there is a way to update the maps for free / smaller charge? If needed can post all FW or Navs versions.
Thanks in advance.

Yes, look at sites like GPS underground everything you need is there.

Thanks for reply, do you know some trusted sites?

None of the sites are trusted! Let's face it, it's pirated software, anything could have been done with it! However you have to look at the threads on gps underground there will be a lot of people that have downloaded and installed the maps & activation with no problems, and some may have had issues. As you know the maps are over £200 from Audi and free from certain internet sites, but with that you take the risk. Also if you see any links to kufatec activation, don't use it. It will brick your MMI system.

Hi, I know is not trusted software but I mean trusted websites, because a lot of them are scam, like some software on computers (like famous optimizer pro, scam 1000%). And by trusted forums I mean something like ASN where you find genuine people helping each other, not some 200 fake accounts with few posts copy-pasted just to register ask u 20£... Also about GPS underground I seen they ask your data like adress etc.. and they keep them for??? I mean "normal" forums never ask u that, just user name, email, and possibly if you want can put some other information (but not needed) even 4chan doing like that, and seriously is a bad place to go. Anyway appreciate your feedback.

As we are talking SD card based navigation you would need to purchase an official update pack. This pack will include a licence code which a VW Group authorised 3rd party would need to then activate. If you would like to email me over your vehicles registration or VIN number I get can you a quote: alex@vagcarcoding.com

Edit: the activation code is a one-shot deal and is tied to the SD card it comes with. Sourcing a card from eBay or another source 9 times out of 10 cannot be activated unless its new, unopened, sealed etc.

Reactions: Marek196c
I see, thanks guys anyways but my father is not interested in throwing away £££ money every year for get Audi nav "up-to date". As said in his tom tom nav he got live traffic and free updates for life that are even more frequent and accurate than Audi ones, just wanted to see if there is some way to not throw money on stealership. I mean is ridiculous that after spending £££ on sat nav etc.. they want to rip u off also on updates, is like u will pay windows or mac for updates...

Hi
Personally I went with the stealership on my a6 and paid 250 for it but now once it's done I would say it was waste of my money and time spent in there as in the end I was using my phone. First problem was once I was when through Germany I had to chandelier navigation cd(really) then loads of towns or villages can not be selected as final destination which p****D me off and it was lagging. So no more of an update from Audi. My phone works faster and more accurate than Audi navigation.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Reactions: rob_hawke
Hi
Personally I went with the stealership on my a6 and paid 250 for it but now once it's done I would say it was waste of my money and time spent in there as in the end I was using my phone. First problem was once I was when through Germany I had to chandelier navigation cd(really) then loads of towns or villages can not be selected as final destination which p****D me off and it was lagging. So no more of an update from Audi. My phone works faster and more accurate than Audi navigation.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
that s the point but still should be free update, as well better to get it updated (but not for this money, for 250 you got top class nav) in case primary one broke.