Audi MMI and Android Pie - Email Issue / Question / Advice needed

Matty_S3&S5

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with their B9 A/S5 MMI where emails no longer alert when driving?

My work phone is a Galaxy S9 and before the update to Pie v9 (from Oreo v8) was syncing emails as they arrived with the helpful alert tone through the MMI and icon in the bottom left. Now that my phone updated the software (Samsung email app too), the MMI will only show me the emails that my phone has received up to the point of getting into the car.

When driving, my phone will vibrate to alert me there is a new email (phone is stored in the charging cradle under the armrest and I can hear/feel it), but no longer alerts through the MMI.
Funny thing I have noticed is that when I stop and put the car into park before switching the car off, emails will sometimes be pushed through to the MMI and alert pings which is leading me to think there is a new auto setting that I cant find where it blocks emails being synced when in D (driving).

So...if you've read this far and have a Galaxy phone with latest software and using Samsung email app, can you let me know if you receive emails when driving? (My commute is 1hr + each way and I check emails when at lights etc before anyone puts their police hats on :D)

Note: i'm in Australia, so not sure if the MMI software is different to you over in Europe/America etc

Cheers
Matty

My A4, same platform, seems to be hit and miss these days when my S8 updated to Pie. Never really bother to check up on why this is so though. I have a feeling it maybe the samsung email client...

Thanks for the response cuke2u. Indeed, i'm erring towards the email app as backdated / factory reset an old Galaxy phone lying about in a drawer and the email app pushes through with no issues as before Pie/app updated.

Back to trawling to find what was updated in the app... Interestingly though, I installed the MS Outlook app and it doesn't push on either phone.

I was wondering on the outlook app so thanks for answering that for me. I also wonder what would happen if the phone was deleted and re-paired again..

Don't worry about it; I have a Galaxy A6, and it happened a couple of times too. Just contact folderly.com as I did, and that's it. They send test emails from your email address to multiple email addresses owned by us and third-party sources like Barracuda, Spam Assassin, Symantec Cloud, Multiple Spam Filters. We analyze and identify critical problems and provide tailored recommendations to fix them. However, out of 100 emails you send to multiple email providers, only 70 get delivered to your inbox, and the other 30 end up in your spam folders, so I think you should still contact them. I wish you good luck.