Audi MMI Cable - Help!

RMJ891

Reaction score
I just wondered if anyone can help with the functionality of the MMI cable that comes standard with the S1. I connect this to my iPhone 5s (or my girlfriend's) via a small Apple adapter, as the S1 came with a 30-pin only.

I have connected my phone via Bluetooth, and this works fine, though it doesn't display album art.

Just out of interest, I wondered how I can get my music playing through the cable (e.g. from passengers' iPhones), as I want mine to stay connected with Bluetooth for internet and so on. When a phone is also connected via cable, it displays a message to the effect of 'there may be errors when you have a wired and bluetooth connection'.

However, when connecting via just the cable, it finds the phone in the media items, but says there are no songs available (I forget the exact message that appears). Does anyone know why this might be? If I start playing a song, it just comes out through the phone's speakers.

For what it's worth, I have the latest S1 with the technology pack and so on.

You need the yellow collar cable with direct lightning connector, so no need for the 30 pin adaptor.

Not sure about the comments on Bluetooth/Internet - there is no connection between them. I just connect passengers phones as the audio device while mine remains connected as the phone device - if you look at the Bluetooth menu options you will see you can connect 2 phones at the same time for these 2 functions.

I find AMI a faff in the glovebox. I do it all over Bluetooth and have a 2x USB cigarette adaptor to power the phone(s).
I don't worry about album art as its always on nav screen.

Ah I see - so I have the wrong cable. Yeah I basically just use it as a charger, because I have my little black box of doom from the insurer for three months in the cigarette lighter. Fair enough - yes I'll just keep going with the Bluetooth, in that case - I just wondered if things might be quicker through a cable (I've set the star button on the steering wheel to 'next song', but find it takes a little time to change). One very minor irk is that the controls for music on the wheel aren't great (can't go back a song, for instance). Would be good if it were like headphone controls, where double clicking operates a different function.

Anyway I think I'll live without the £30-odd cable...

Thanks Jose - very helpful as always!

You may find your dealer will swap the cable over. Mine were very helpful with getting the right cable for my phone.
I agree the steering wheel controls are lacking over Bluetooth, but I only ever play my 'driving playlist' on shuffle which has about 400 of my fav songs which I keep adding a couple of tracks to a month, so never have to skip.