Q5 Audi Q5 clicking pedal

AudiSpy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If you own a new Q5 or an SQ5 you may feel a slight clicking through the accelerator pedal once you get up to speed. This may also be the case for other vehicles with quattro on demand.

Worry not however it turns out this is perfectly normal. Speaking to Audi today it is the quattro on demand system uncoupling for the first time. The click noise occurs because the system is cold and it's the first time it disengages, from here it's pretty seamless and you'll never notice especially at speed (so they say).

If however the feedback through the pedal is more than a light tap it might be worth speaking to your local Audi Centre for further advice. I spoke to mine today so thought i'd share.

Reactions: NevMan
Funny this post came up as I was just browsing the web to see if clicking was an issue on the q5. I’ve felt the light clicking as I get going but never after and wondered did I have a dodgy pedal or worse. Was going to ring dealer and mention it tomorrow incase it was something bad. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: AudiSpy
Agreed - ABS check above 25 (ish) mph. Two click / clunks.

Nothing to worry about.

Worth noting SQ5 doesn’t decouple Quattro. Only the 2.0 petrol and diesels do.

Thanks for replies might as well get as much info in here as we can. Interesting thread on the ABS also, they definitely didn't mention this to me.

Is it not slightly worrying that the ABS only does a check at 25mph and that this then affects the accelerator pedal? Odd!

Reactions: kolash
Up to 25mph the system is still active, it just carries out a self test at that speed. (At 40 kph is my guess).

You feel it through the accelerator as both pedals hang from the same bracket.

Bump…..

Hi just purchased a 2018 SQ5 and get that same clicking under the accelerator pedal when I first pull off each day.

is this definitely not a problem? Any feedback from dealers?

As above, when I had my 2018 Q5 I was told that sound and click feel was the ABS set testing and nothing to worry about