Q5 Audi Q5 genuine side steps/running boards

Ian66

Reaction score
help req does anyone have access to fitting instructions for genuine audi side steps/ running boards for a 2019 Q5 s line. ??

@Ian66 not 2019 but when fitting them to our 2011 the only thing we needed instructions for was where to cut the new under trays, the rest was pretty self explanatory as there was no where else for the mounts to fit

Have you priced Audi to fit? Should probably take 2-3 hours to complete

For example - there were small squares covering holes that you had to insert these plugs/riv nuts

IMG 9764

Then the mounting plates could only go where there were supposed too, wouldn't fit anywhere else

IMG 9765

IMG 9766

IMG 9767

IMG 9768

Fitted

IMG 9770

Reactions: 45bvtc and Sandra
Cool :grinning: thanks for that no haven’t asked Audi yet but I’m sure I will manage as you say shouldn’t be to hard to work out cheers and thanks again. Ian

Reactions: Sandra
Hi mate do you still need these instructions?
I fitted some to mine earlier in the year and managed to get hold of a set.

Reactions: Ian66
Yeah that’s great thanks car just arrived yesterday sitting in my garage ready to be fitted can you forward them to me?? Will send you my address or email??? Thanks again. Ian

Sorry for the delay had a mad day.
Yes my email is.
I've hidden the email address - admin team :)

Send me an email to there and I’ll forward them for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should really private message personal email addresses to prevent unwanted spam...

Reactions: AudiSpy
Just found this & i want to remove mine. Looks like new undertrays?. I thought it was just small covers over the mounting points.

HATE the side steps! TOO SILLY! Just does NOTHING for the looks of a Q5, let alone an SQ5!

Maybe on a BM double UU an improvement (?+) but that's a different argument...

As a 73-year old ASN member, reporting back, I've tried the Q5/SQ5 side-steps and HATE :sadlike: 'em.

Stepped OVER 'em, tripped over 'em :slapped: yeah, ok... what are they for????

Even looked at the 'how to take 'em OFF' threads: best option was a 70mph 'glancing ' blow on a 3ft (0.76m for our younger viewers, lol) concrete bollard.

DO NOT!!! HAVE 'EM on the side of your AUDI!

Mega UN cool...
:rulez:

Reactions: AudiSpy
Hmm I guess they really do divide opinion. Marmite side steps then!

(I really like them and would like some for my Q5) maybe @RS3 S. we can come to an arrangement? :)

Reactions: 45bvtc
Hmm I guess they really do divide opinion. Marmite side steps then!

(I really like them and would like some for my Q5) maybe @RS3 S. we can come to an arrangement? :)
.............we can mate.They will be for sale when they come off. I never use them as i'm 6,2" so can step in/out with no problem & i saw one in the same colour as mine the other day without them & just now prefer the look. I'll let you know when there off. :thumbs up:

Reactions: 45bvtc and AudiSpy
.............we can mate.They will be for sale when they come off. I never use them as i'm 6,2" so can step in/out with no problem & i saw one in the same colour as mine the other day without them & just now prefer the look. I'll let you know when there off. :thumbs up:

I'm 5'7" and shrinking, and the wrong side of 70, and for sure me and mine don't need 'em - and she (RS3copilot) has 3" less in height than me, lol.

As AudiSpy so aptly says, a true "Marmite" option, not for all but 'why not' for some/them that like 'em!

Do what you wanna do while you can, we're all another day less than yesterday... :racer:

Reactions: RS3 S.
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, does anyone have the OEM parts numbers for the running boards to fit a 2018 Q5 S-Line?

Thank you Ian66 I searched google for ages and couldn't find them before.

One final question my vehicle has the collapsible spare wheel and vehicle jack, is the below comment strictly true? or has anyone had success installing to a vehicle with the spare wheel? A copy of the installation documents would be much appreciated if anyone has them.

"- Only suitable for models with tyre repair kit and vehicle tools (without vehicle jack)"

I think you can still fit them it’s because where the manufacturer jack goes it won’t fit in the space because of steps trolley jack will still fit if you get a puncture.

Thanks again Ian66 so essentially I'm lugging a spare wheel around without the means to jack up the car if I fit the side steps. It's the wife's vehicle so I will be getting the call to come and sort out a puncture or she will use her breakdown cover so that's not the end of the world.

HI, I know its been a while but I don't suppose you still have these instructions to share do you?
Hi, long shot but did you ever get any fitting instructions? could do with a copy myself. TIA