Audi Recall ( all petrol engines)

2002 BAM 8L S3 all 4 coil packs replaced free of charge at Warrington Audi - Thanks S3 Johnny saved me a fortune!

After a few weeks of experiencing hesitation under full throttle and a wink from the EML light, it eventually went into safe mode, sounded like a mk1 beetle and the EML light stayed on. Having experienced the same conditions in my old 318Ci I had a feeling it could be the coil packs. Having read this thread previously and read the 28 E9 memo I phoned Audi and explained the above to be told it would be £108 to plug it in, (no mention of a recall / workshop campaign) and another £108 to investigate my drivers side window problem as it was a separate fault. I kept the appointment with Audi for them to investigate the EML light, in the meantime took the car to my local garage who do most of my work, plugged it in to confirm multiple missfires for £35 inc.vat Phoned Audi back inquiring about the workshop campaign regarding faulty coil packs, checked my reg and mine was on the list. When asked when I`d like to bring the car in, funnily enough I had an appointment already, and I made them make a note on the appointment for no other work to be carried out - only the coil pack replacements.
Had all 4 replaced, when they ran the diagnostics after fitting 1 was faulty so had to wait another hour while they had 1 sent from manchester. For the inconvenience they checked my drivers window foc - they seem to think it needs a new motor and regulator which I am very dubious about, probably just the plastic clip which I`l sort out myself. Couple of minor things on the "complementary visual health check" and spread the dirt around the car, makes you wonder if they cant wash a car properly....BUT I did drive out of Audi without a hole in my pocket! Car is now driving as it should with Forge TIP / 007P CLDV / Forge breather hose / green cotton panel filter. I can now seriously consider this long awaited Revo Stage 1 & SPS

Thanks again S3 Johnny

Wellllll,

after reading this i phoned my local Audi to ask them about the recall, it is correct and a week later I had my 2002 silver S3 booked in. In short they have changed my coil, they even gave the car a mini service, all for nothing! Brilliant service. I would recommend everyone to get in touch with Audi too, to see if they can have them changed!

Dan

Yes this is for real, had mine done a few months ago (2002 S3), phone up your local Audi to check.

Dan

Guys just bear in mind that they wont necessarily change all 4 coils, it will only be the ones with the defective part number, i believe if you have a coil with an R or a D on the end of it, they will not change it, as they are the revised ones.