Audi refuse rejection

J

Jbr94

Hi guys been following this forum for a while thought id ask a few questions!

Brought a new a3 edition 1 in november. 3 weeks later it had to be returned due to the steering wheel creaking which they fixed. I also made a note of the MMI and SOS and Stop Immediatley issues and had to
the roadside assistance out to help. They claim they did a recall update which fixed the problems however they only got worse.
I had issues with the parking sensors not beeping the reversing camera freezing and the tire pressure gauge.

I started a rejection process end of March and VWFS said (even though audi have looked at the MMI issues and wrote it on the invoice) they did not place it on the mechanical report so it had to back for them to look at it again.

Fast forward 3 weeks and they kept the car for 2 days and when i received the car back the invoice states they did a 90QC Campaign update and report no further issues. A day later the SOS message reappears and both my digital dash turn off and MMI. Up to today the issues still appear. I Call back VWFS and ask to restart my reject process as the issue clearly cant be fixed. He asked me to send further proof which i did clearly showing the time and date of the issues and even a video (along with a copy of the invoice) After 2 weeks of no contact I get an email today saying they cannot uphold my reject request as the mechanical report showed no faults (even though the faults are dated after they claimed to have fixed it).
I am thinking of contacting the financial ombudsman as i feel Audi are basically just trying to fob me off I have had an A3 before 2018 and had no issues since getting this my dream car seems to have turned into a nightmare to the point where i no longer want it!

apologies for the long post. Any ideas / advice would be appreciated !

Attachments

• B244D61F-1D3F-47A2-A3E5-D1178295EC6A.jpeg
    B244D61F-1D3F-47A2-A3E5-D1178295EC6A.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 190
That's strange, I was told they were working on a dedicated fix for the SOS warning light due out some point in the next quarter.

They should be well aware of that issue as it's all over the internet, I did a video a while back on it and the guardian also released an article.

I've heard of them accept cars back for the same reasons so it's frustrating that they seem to pick and choose what to offer.

That's strange, I was told they were working on a dedicated fix for the SOS warning light due out some point in the next quarter.

They should be well aware of that issue as it's all over the internet, I did a video a while back on it and the guardian also released an article.

I've heard of them accept cars back for the same reasons so it's frustrating that they seem to pick and choose what to offer.
I think i actually watched the video. I follow your YT page. Its so frustrating especially as i pay so much money for it. The faults are there for them to see after they claimed to have fixed it so I am not sure why they are refusing the rejection. The car has 2k miles on it.

I think i actually watched the video. I follow your YT page. Its so frustrating especially as i pay so much money for it. The faults are there for them to see after they claimed to have fixed it so I am not sure why they are refusing the rejection. The car has 2k miles on it.
Theyve also promised other owners a guaranteed fix by a given date as well.

I'm currently waiting for them to fix my warning lights too, so will be eager to see what they come out with.

I'm sure other owners will be on here to help with how they've gone through the rejection process. Has your dealer been supportive?

Also the virtual cockpit reboot did you lose the entire screen or just the sat nav that cuts out?

I'm currently waiting for them to fix my warning lights too, so will be eager to see what they come out with.

I'm sure other owners will be on here to help with how they've gone through the rejection process. Has your dealer been supportive?

how long have you been waiting ? And how long are you prepared to wait may i ask? And when was the date they gave customers they would fix it ?
Ive also found out my car is meant to have electric adjusted seats which it doesnt only has heated seats. My dealership to be honest have been embarrassing. When this first all happened the salesman who sold me the car ignored all of my emails and never returned them. When i turned up at the dealership he was busy then 20mins later unavailable. When i called the roadside assistance out i tried to get in contact with them and they had blocked my number. (It went to the switchboard when i pressed to speak to reception the line disconnected.). I called back straight away on 2 different numbers and they answered immediately. Ive had 2 A3s prior to this and had no issues which is why I had no issue taking another when they offered it.

Also the virtual cockpit reboot did you lose the entire screen or just the sat nav that cuts out?
Lost my entire screen it reset as if the car was turning on again it said ‘loading personal settings please wait’. Ive also had issues logging in to my user profile and staying connected via the app

how long have you been waiting ? And how long are you prepared to wait may i ask? And when was the date they gave customers they would fix it ?
Ive also found out my car is meant to have electric adjusted seats which it doesnt only has heated seats. My dealership to be honest have been embarrassing. When this first all happened the salesman who sold me the car ignored all of my emails and never returned them. When i turned up at the dealership he was busy then 20mins later unavailable. When i called the roadside assistance out i tried to get in contact with them and they had blocked my number. (It went to the switchboard when i pressed to speak to reception the line disconnected.). I called back straight away on 2 different numbers and they answered immediately. Ive had 2 A3s prior to this and had no issues which is why I had no issue taking another when they offered it.
That sounds shocking bud, out of interest was the car brand new? And did the dealer notify you of the missing seats and compensate?

If not, I would heavily be leaning towards that as my reason for rejection as it's impossible/uneconomical for them to fix or retrofit.

In terms of the warning lights personally I'm waiting to see when my car is booked in if it makes any difference and I'm keeping an eye on the frequency of events. Not driving the car that frequently right now makes it hard to gauge.

But with lockdown lifting that will change quickly.

That sounds shocking bud, out of interest was the car brand new? And did the dealer notify you of the missing seats and compensate?

If not, I would heavily be leaning towards that as my reason for rejection as it's impossible/uneconomical for them to fix or retrofit.

In terms of the warning lights personally I'm waiting to see when my car is booked in if it makes any difference and I'm keeping an eye on the frequency of events. Not driving the car that frequently right now makes it hard to gauge.

But with lockdown lifting that will change quickly.
Yeah car was brand new from factory had 1 mile on it and the dealer didnt notify me no so il be looking into that also & ok good to know im not the only one with these issues makes me think im going crazy !

*** - sorry for the frustration. But the way this company treat its customers is honestly shocking.

After I outed them over the seats on YouTube. They said every owner would be contacted by the dealer and asked me to communicate that back out to viewers.

For days and weeks dealers were still denying the misbuild, and owners went back with my video and then they finally started acknowledging the issue.

I'm seriously shocked so many months later they're still trying to get away with it.

I know people including myself that were provided with the option of a replacement car as they could not retrofit.

Do not accept their insulting standard compensation of £250.

I think that's your best bet as the car is not as described, and it's again shocking 7 months after my video people still have not been notified.

I started a rejection process end of March and VWFS said (even though audi have looked at the MMI issues and wrote it on the invoice) they did not place it on the mechanical report so it had to back for them to look at it again.

Fast forward 3 weeks and they kept the car for 2 days and when i received the car back the invoice states they did a 90QC Campaign update and report no further issues. A day later the SOS message reappears and both my digital dash turn off and MMI. Up to today the issues still appear. I Call back VWFS and ask to restart my reject process as the issue clearly cant be fixed. He asked me to send further proof which i did clearly showing the time and date of the issues and even a video (along with a copy of the invoice) After 2 weeks of no contact I get an email today saying they cannot uphold my reject request as the mechanical report showed no faults (even though the faults are dated after they claimed to have fixed it).
I am thinking of contacting the financial ombudsman as i feel Audi are basically just trying to fob me off I have had an A3 before 2018 and had no issues since getting this my dream car seems to have turned into a nightmare to the point where i no longer want it!
I feel for you as this is a horrible situation. Just a couple of things, as it is generally stated (in online advice, see link below) to be trickier rejecting a car on finance as you are not the owner of the car. However, once you have contacted the finance company it is their job to communicate with the dealership and/or Audi UK. Once you have supplied the evidence (which you have) you shouldn't have to continue to act as 'middle man'. In particular, it is not up to VWFS/Audi Finance to decide whether or not to accept your reject request, as they should be acting on your behalf. They might say that the evidence you have supplied is a bit "thin" (and ask for more) but that's it. I think the issue is that they have a vested interest in you not rejecting the car, as they will then lose your business. That last bit is just my take on the situation, so it would be interesting to hear how others have got on rejecting a car through VWFS. It's sometimes a question of finding someone helpful at a company (i.e. Audi Finance in this case). I have dealt with them twice recently (fairly routine enquiries about terminating the PCP agreement on my TTS) and they have been very helpful each time (and even answered the phone within 5 minutes!). Maybe I was just lucky, but I would try them again. If that fails, then maybe the Financial Ombudsman? Btw, the behaviour you describe of the dealer is quite shocking. One of the worst examples of after-sales service I have come across, but you still need to keep them in the loop (ref: emails etc). Sometimes people resort to independent inspections (to confirm your own 'error log') but that is going to cost you of course. Finally, remember that things get more difficult after 6 months, but you at least have evidence of starting the process well within that timeframe. Good luck.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/tips-advice/34744/rejecting-new-or-used-car-your-car-consumer-rights-explained#:~:text=Rejection usually occurs when a,a full or partial refund.

I made an official complaint to Audi UK earlier this week and was allocated s complaints manager. She was fairly nice and was apologetic for the issues I've had and even verbally acknowledged the A3 has issues. She stated that she had liaised with my dealer about the problems and potential fixes but stated that Audi Germany were in the process of creating a major software update for all affected cars but told me they had no ETA at all, she said it could be next week or up to 18 months away!!!

When I told her this was an unacceptable option she said she would confirm with technical again and if this is the case and there is no current fix for my car she would begin rejection proceedings but told me to inform my finance company.

I contacted ALD automotive who financed the car for me. They have accepted my request and will get back to me within the week.

Ultimately I would want my car fixed rather than being offered a new one (which are coming off the production line faulty anyway) or given a settlement figure and handing it back but have to keep all options open.

I was offered rejection on my 30Tdi s-line saloon . My car is pcp financed via vw financial services ( Audi Uk ) the two options I was offered was return the car or take a goodwill gesture and a guarantee a fix for the vehicle before November. In the end due to the long waiting time for a replacement and the fact a new car could suffer the same issues I took the money.

*** - sorry for the frustration. But the way this company treat its customers is honestly shocking.

After I outed them over the seats on YouTube. They said every owner would be contacted by the dealer and asked me to communicate that back out to viewers.

For days and weeks dealers were still denying the misbuild, and owners went back with my video and then they finally started acknowledging the issue.

I'm seriously shocked so many months later they're still trying to get away with it.

I know people including myself that were provided with the option of a replacement car as they could not retrofit.

Do not accept their insulting standard compensation of £250.

I think that's your best bet as the car is not as described, and it's again shocking 7 months after my video people still have not been notified.
Ok thanks for the advice I have the RAC coming today to do an ‘Independent Investigstion’ VWFS sent them so will let you know the update from what they say

Many
I feel for you as this is a horrible situation. Just a couple of things, as it is generally stated (in online advice, see link below) to be trickier rejecting a car on finance as you are not the owner of the car. However, once you have contacted the finance company it is their job to communicate with the dealership and/or Audi UK. Once you have supplied the evidence (which you have) you shouldn't have to continue to act as 'middle man'. In particular, it is not up to VWFS/Audi Finance to decide whether or not to accept your reject request, as they should be acting on your behalf. They might say that the evidence you have supplied is a bit "thin" (and ask for more) but that's it. I think the issue is that they have a vested interest in you not rejecting the car, as they will then lose your business. That last bit is just my take on the situation, so it would be interesting to hear how others have got on rejecting a car through VWFS. It's sometimes a question of finding someone helpful at a company (i.e. Audi Finance in this case). I have dealt with them twice recently (fairly routine enquiries about terminating the PCP agreement on my TTS) and they have been very helpful each time (and even answered the phone within 5 minutes!). Maybe I was just lucky, but I would try them again. If that fails, then maybe the Financial Ombudsman? Btw, the behaviour you describe of the dealer is quite shocking. One of the worst examples of after-sales service I have come across, but you still need to keep them in the loop (ref: emails etc). Sometimes people resort to independent inspections (to confirm your own 'error log') but that is going to cost you of course. Finally, remember that things get more difficult after 6 months, but you at least have evidence of starting the process well within that timeframe. Good luck.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/tips-advice/34744/rejecting-new-or-used-car-your-car-consumer-rights-explained#:~:text=Rejection usually occurs when a,a full or partial refund.
Thanks for the advice. The after sales were shocking. I had a a3 prior from a previous dealership and they were excellent so i had no issue with getting another one from another dealer due to my fantastic pre and post sales experience. I really feel vwfs arent on my side as even though the error has reappeared (with dates showing after the invoice where they fixed it) they still claim there is no issue. They are sending the RAC out this morning to do an Independent Investigation i will post again once they are complete

I was offered rejection on my 30Tdi s-line saloon . My car is pcp financed via vw financial services ( Audi Uk ) the two options I was offered was return the car or take a goodwill gesture and a guarantee a fix for the vehicle before November. In the end due to the long waiting time for a replacement and the fact a new car could suffer the same issues I took the money.
Thanks Sam i wouldnt mind a new car the issue is no other audi apart from maybe the A5 or any other brand models are vehicles I want as i waited so long for the facelift A3 so il wait and see what they say

Thanks Sam i wouldnt mind a new car the issue is no other audi apart from maybe the A5 or any other brand models are vehicles I want as i waited so long for the facelift A3 so il wait and see what they say
also did they
I made an official complaint to Audi UK earlier this week and was allocated s complaints manager. She was fairly nice and was apologetic for the issues I've had and even verbally acknowledged the A3 has issues. She stated that she had liaised with my dealer about the problems and potential fixes but stated that Audi Germany were in the process of creating a major software update for all affected cars but told me they had no ETA at all, she said it could be next week or up to 18 months away!!!

When I told her this was an unacceptable option she said she would confirm with technical again and if this is the case and there is no current fix for my car she would begin rejection proceedings but told me to inform my finance company.

I contacted ALD automotive who financed the car for me. They have accepted my request and will get back to me within the week.

Ultimately I would want my car fixed rather than being offered a new one (which are coming off the production line faulty anyway) or given a settlement figure and handing it back but have to keep all options open.
This is so correct, i am not sure why they are still making these vehicles when theyre faulty ! In such a bad situation It makes it easier to hear that I am no the only one in this situation

Many

Thanks for the advice. The after sales were shocking. I had a a3 prior from a previous dealership and they were excellent so i had no issue with getting another one from another dealer due to my fantastic pre and post sales experience. I really feel vwfs arent on my side as even though the error has reappeared (with dates showing after the invoice where they fixed it) they still claim there is no issue. They are sending the RAC out this morning to do an Independent Investigation i will post again once they are complete
Also if the car rejection is a sucess do i recieve my deposit back ? As i was told it would be a non adversary voluntary termination but i wouldn't get any money back.

Also if the car rejection is a sucess do i recieve my deposit back ? As i was told it would be a non adversary voluntary termination but i wouldn't get any money back.
As I understand it, you only get a full refund (deposit + any monthly payments made) if the car is rejected within the first 30 days. Beyond that, the finance company will make "deductions for usage" (based on length of "ownership" and mileage), but I have no idea how big those deductions might be.

Can I ask how much they offered you as a goodwill gesture?

I am currently going through the rejection process and don't want to be unduly fobbed off.

Hi guys been following this forum for a while thought id ask a few questions!

Brought a new a3 edition 1 in november. 3 weeks later it had to be returned due to the steering wheel creaking which they fixed. I also made a note of the MMI and SOS and Stop Immediatley issues and had to
the roadside assistance out to help. They claim they did a recall update which fixed the problems however they only got worse.
I had issues with the parking sensors not beeping the reversing camera freezing and the tire pressure gauge.

apologies for the long post. Any ideas / advice would be appreciated !
Utter ******** mate, faults started within the first 30 days and you have proved it was not cured regardless of the report. Contact the ombudsman and let them fight it, i used them a few years ago and I was successful but keep a log of everything. Good luck pal.
PS- you can reject a faulty car within first thirty days.
Companies are allowed to carry out 2/3 repairs with a car up to 6 months but if the fault is reoccurring/ongoing you can reject it.
As I understand it, you only get a full refund (deposit + any monthly payments made) if the car is rejected within the first 30 days. Beyond that, the finance company will make "deductions for usage" (based on length of "ownership" and mileage), but I have no idea how big those deductions might be.
:iagree:

Reactions: Jbr94

I got a full refund. deposit, monthly and 8% interest on everything I paid after 12-13 months, also got a goodwill gesture on top for my troubles.
Only deduction was 35-40p per mile I used which was little cause of covid. To be fair it was a reasonable charge as the car did work for so many miles even though half the mileage was going to the dealer to get stuff fixed. This was jlr not vag finance.

Reactions: Jcbmally
Can I ask how much they offered you as a goodwill gesture?

I am currently going through the rejection process and don't want to be unduly fobbed off.
Sorry Steve I’d rather not say.
The reason being I don’t want to feel I let Audi get off lightly by offering me less than anyone else and I don’t want anyone thinking I got substantially more than them.
What I will say is each case and each person is different and we must decide what is the right deal for us and not what someone else received.