Audi Ring Emblem Holder

Phillee20

Reaction score
Hi all,

I got a honeycomb front mesh grille from Xenonz. I want to attach the Audi rings emblem on it but I cant seem to find any Audi rings that would fit on it. Has anyone fitted the front mesh grille and was able to attach the rings on it? or has come across Audi rings without the attachment clips on the back.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 1,803
Hi all,

I got a honeycomb front mesh grille from Xenonz. I want to attach the Audi rings emblem on it but I cant seem to find any Audi rings that would fit on it. Has anyone fitted the front mesh grille and was able to attach the rings on it? or has come across Audi rings without the attachment clips on the back.

I could be wrong but I think that for the rings with clips on them to be fitted, there's a specific part moulded into the grille itself so you can't buy it separately. I could be wrong though.

I think the stick on method might have to be the way to go with this one and is the reason I've not bought it... Some 3M tape would work, or the Tigerseal idea if you NEVER want it off. Haha.

Reactions: Phillee20
I bought an RS grill for my last A4 and I had to use 3M double side tape to stick the Audi emblem on which I was too happy with but it worked and didn’t come off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kakatk and Phillee20
You can buy a mount which you can place the rings on but can't mind if you can buy off Ebay but have a look .

Reactions: Daggerit
Hi all,

Attachments

• 20180326_142358-1440x1920.jpg
    20180326_142358-1440x1920.jpg
    782.3 KB · Views: 1,654

Nice one ! yeah, I tried to look for the mounts but couldn't find it or wasn't sure if they were right ones. Hoping to find an Audi emblem that doesnt' have clips on the back so i can glue it on..

Nice one ! yeah, I tried to look for the mounts but couldn't find it or wasn't sure if they were right ones. Hoping to find an Audi emblem that doesnt' have clips on the back so i can glue it on..
Ever manage to find one?

I'm facing the exact same issue, can't really seem to locate a mount for the rings (they're moulded in to the grilles as someone mentions above). I feel that without the mount, the rings won't wont stand out, especially as it will be black on black.

However that may not be a major issue. Given they're under £10 on eBay, i'll prob buy one, attached it with something semi permanent to get an idea of how it looks and decide from there.

I'll post pics once i get it done.

I have Black Audi Rings which you would just stick on , so all you would do is get a black piece off plastic drill 2 holes , get 2 L shaped brackets and screw onto honeycomb and press rings onto grille

They can't sell them
No more because of copyright but if you ring up and ask them they tell you away to do it with silicone and bolts

I'm facing the exact same issue, can't really seem to locate a mount for the rings (they're molded in to the grilles as someone mentions above). I feel that without the mount, the rings won't wont stand out, especially as it will be black on black.
Surprisingly, they do, if ones likes that.

I could be wrong but I think that for the rings with clips on them to be fitted, there's a specific part moulded into the grille itself so you can't buy it separately.

Correct, as fitted to SMI77. This was an Ebay grille, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with the quality/finish. For those considering this type of grille, as I said before, as they now can not sell them complete with"OOOO", check the size and do not assume it is the same size as the A4/S4 OEM rings.

Can not believe one spends decent $$'s before doing research on any necessary accessories/modifications.
Option may be to purchase "OOOO" with clips, and de-clip.

To Rod Stewart's mate - YNWA.

I'm facing the exact same issue, can't really seem to locate a mount for the rings (they're moulded in to the grilles as someone mentions above). I feel that without the mount, the rings won't wont stand out, especially as it will be black on black.

However that may not be a major issue. Given they're under £10 on eBay, i'll prob buy one, attached it with something semi permanent to get an idea of how it looks and decide from there.

I'll post pics once i get it done.

I just got the ones from ebay that also come with a holder. They're ever so slightly bigger than the OEM rings (I assume copyright reasons?), but they fit on the grille perfectly. I can grab a picture later if you want.

I just got the ones from ebay that also come with a holder. They're ever so slightly bigger than the OEM rings (I assume copyright reasons?), but they fit on the grille perfectly. I can grab a picture later if you want.
Probably more to do with what model was the donor grille to make the template. The rings on our RS4 style grille were exactly Q7 size.

BTW now 12.12am 25/12/18 here in OZ. Merry & safe Christmas to all!!

Probably more to do with what model was the donor grille to make the template. The rings on our RS4 style grille were exactly Q7 size.

BTW now 12.12am 25/12/18 here in OZ. Merry & safe Christmas to all!!
Merry Christmas

Any solution to this by now? I've got rear audi logo with 3M tape on it which I could mount but looking for some sturdier solution as the grille is bit round so the logo won't fit directly on it..

If you are looking for rings without the clips/tabs, just buy one made for the rear.
Unfortunately the rear badge wont fit the front grill so it would require some sort of "macgyvering". I'm currently rocking the audi logo on my hood R8-style if you may.

Unfortunately the rear badge wont fit the front grill so it would require some sort of "macgyvering". I'm currently rocking the audi logo on my hood R8-style if you may.
I have a spare front genuine audi 4 rings in black it you want it give me a pm

Seems to be an old thread, but for those still wondering.. when I was shopping for my mesh grill replacement, there were distinctly two types available. The one pictured in the OP was meant to be the "emblem delete" one, i.e. going without an emblem, and one like mine, which has the slot for it built in to the grill. Seems like the OP bought one that is meant for not having the emblem.