Audi Ring Puddle lights

Brian Leslie

Reaction score
Anyone know if the Audi ring puddle lights are standard?
Picked my new S-Line up today and was surprised to see that they were installed on the front doors of my car.
Not complaining just didn’t think they were standard and certainly wasn’t mentioning it to the salesman.

I don’t think they are standard, usually £100ish as an extra.
My last A3 was the showroom car, first time i had ring puddle lights, and i always assumed they were on it to show them off and they forgot they were there when i picked it up. I liked them so much i asked for them on my S3 - dealer threw them in no probs.
They’re a nice touch aren’t they ? Although some people think they’re naff, but each to their own !
Enjoy your new car, health to drive.

Reactions: Brian Leslie
I don’t think they are standard, usually £100ish as an extra.
My last A3 was the showroom car, first time i had ring puddle lights, and i always assumed they were on it to show them off and they forgot they were there when i picked it up. I liked them so much i asked for them on my S3 - dealer threw them in no probs.
They’re a nice touch aren’t they ? Although some people think they’re naff, but each to their own !
Enjoy your new car, health to drive.
That’s what I assumed and certainly not complaining.
I haven’t seen them in their full glory as it is still too bright but I do like the pics and videos I’ve seen of them.
Certainly don’t think they look naff.

Definitely not standard on the S-line.

A decent result! :)

Last time out I got the umbrella and the Audi ted bear!.....this time out I got a set of Audi rings.......blx to the rings, bring back the bear!.....33k for a car and you get a Chinese led that prob cost around 2p to make, then Audi say put the logo plate in front and we can charge £110 for the customer who wants to buy a set for the back doors as we are too tight to give them to customers!!!.....the umbrella was useful......as for `puddle lights`....most normally find the puddle with there foot before any light helps out!....maybe Audi should just give us wellington boots......!.....I got my backdoors for 20squid on ebay...just wait as some think they can sell them for 50+...and they are not worth that, I feel a mug paying 20quid...but at least the people in the back can now see the puddles!!!!.....how about `gimmick` or `fashion tarts`..or simply OCD....they serve no real purpose.

Reactions: monkeyhanger
STILL waiting for York Audi to send me mine, anyone thinking of using York audi i really would look elsewhere they’ve been ***** since i bought the car.

Reactions: Spenk
STILL waiting for York Audi to send me mine, anyone thinking of using York audi i really would look elsewhere they’ve been ***** since i bought the car.
I almost ordered mine from there. I rang four times to try order the car and all four times I got told I'd get a call back.. I never did.

Luckily Teesside Audi have been pretty on the ball and my car is getting built after 3 months from ordering!

That wouldn't be jct600 by any chance?

Had a rubbish experience from their Lincoln branch. Absolutely shocking.

interesting- wife got her Q3 from Lincoln Audi last year - customer service and after sales care was superb- could not fault them and would be more than happy to reuse

Yea they’ve utter ****. That reminds me need to ring them, it’s been over a month since the manager said he’d speak to the salesman on Monday and get back to me. Jokers.

My 2021 S3 didnt have puddle lights and when questioned dealership they advised they were extra, but showed them the build spec of my car and it clearly showed the puddle lights - They are always provided seperatley boxed in the glove box and should be fitted as part of PDI but clearly someone taking them.

Although my car was not PDI'd as all 4 tyres were different pressures and offside front was 17 psi too high, my washer jets were not adjusted and only fired at the bottom inch of the screen, front number plate was cracked due to overtightening, no puddle lights fitted, scratched main key, scratches on window surround, but the dealer had managed to swap the 'long life' service to 'standard' 9000 miles or 12 months service.

Had a pre pdi video sent by my dealer and he showed me a box for the audi rings which was in the glove box

My 2021 S3 didnt have puddle lights and when questioned dealership they advised they were extra, but showed them the build spec of my car and it clearly showed the puddle lights - They are always provided seperatley boxed in the glove box and should be fitted as part of PDI but clearly someone taking them.

Although my car was not PDI'd as all 4 tyres were different pressures and offside front was 17 psi too high, my washer jets were not adjusted and only fired at the bottom inch of the screen, front number plate was cracked due to overtightening, no puddle lights fitted, scratched main key, scratches on window surround, but the dealer had managed to swap the 'long life' service to 'standard' 9000 miles or 12 months service.
Just had an update, funnily enough after I’d escalated to the next level of management because no one replies they’d already been ordered and magically appeared ready for sending out to me.

They’re sending me the Audi Gecko ones apparently which look pretty cool tbf

I have a funny idea that they are my puddle lights as I have ordered the Gecko ones and am still waiting for them - They have probably mixed up the fact that both of us with S3 are missing puddle lights.

I have a funny idea that they are my puddle lights as I have ordered the Gecko ones and am still waiting for them - They have probably mixed up the fact that both of us with S3 are missing puddle lights.
I hope they ordered more than one pair given we’ve both been waiting for a while now.

if not, sorry if I’ve pinched yours. Might be worth chasing to see if they did order 2 pairs!

York Audi have sent mine they’ve turned up today, should there be 4 of these for front and back doors or just 2 of them for the front doors?

York Audi have sent mine they’ve turned up today, should there be 4 of these for front and back doors or just 2 of them for the front doors?
I believe you only get 2. The other 2 you'd have to purchase.

I fitted the Audi Sport version to my RS6, i like them & get loads of comments when people see them in bad weather or when it's dark. Would not say there really ''puddle lights'' but they do look good !!.

I got some genuine rings puddle lights real cheap off eBay, fitted to front doors no problem. So got another pair for the back, but can't (easily) fit them. There's not enough on the cable loom to pull the light out fully to unplug it. Obviously don't want to yank it out and break the wires or connector...
I read on one website that they couldn't be fitted to A6 and A7 rear doors if the car has B&O. I have C&S so have B&O, so wonder if this is related. Seems the loom is perhaps tied in tightly and is this do do with larger speakers or something else related to the B&O.? I only tried one door. Anyone else fitted them in the back?

Reactions: auzzam_crd
I got some genuine rings puddle lights real cheap off eBay, fitted to front doors no problem. So got another pair for the back, but can't (easily) fit them. There's not enough on the cable loom to pull the light out fully to unplug it. Obviously don't want to yank it out and break the wires or connector...
I read on one website that they couldn't be fitted to A6 and A7 rear doors if the car has B&O. I have C&S so have B&O, so wonder if this is related. Seems the loom is perhaps tied in tightly and is this do do with larger speakers or something else related to the B&O.? I only tried one door. Anyone else fitted them in the back?
Definitely possible bud. I even made a video for it here (comfort and sound pack):

Don't be afraid to literally lay on the floor to get the right angle to poke the clip and unplug it. Even people who told me there was no way, managed to after I told them to lay down on the floor lol

Reactions: jet_andy
I managed to fit all 4 of mine, the rear drivers cable seemed a lot shorter than the rest. I needed a screwdriver to pop the existing light connection out.

Luckily the lights I bought had a red and black extension lead, which made plugging in a lot easier than the standard lights that clipped in

Definitely possible bud. I even made a video for it here (comfort and sound pack):

Don't be afraid to literally lay on the floor to get the right angle to poke the clip and unplug it. Even people who told me there was no way, managed to after I told them to lay down on the floor lol

OK I'll take another look. I have no problem getting the light out, but I don't think it had as much slack in the loom as in the video, and I was reluctant to pull too hard.

OK I'll take another look. I have no problem getting the light out, but I don't think it had as much slack in the loom as in the video, and I was reluctant to pull too hard.
The rear cables are short, and it's tight but it can be done as I moved the rings to my rear doors and fitted the S ones to the front and I have C&S Pack

I had the same issue, mine were extremely short
I ordered these from eBay Germany came in about 2 days!
For anyone facing the same issue, I ordered these little extender cables about 10cm long, made it so much easier to plug them in?

The only difficult was fishing into the door to try and plug the cable in, but this is much easier than try to plug the puddle light in.

I had the same problem, mine were extremely short and I ordered these from eBay Germany. Took about 2 days to come.

Its a ten min job to remove the door card....one screw under the arm rest, one behind the grill above it....trim tool and t15 screwdriver and its done....the cables for the fronts are fine the cables for the rears do not reach outside of the hole...when you/ if you remove the door panel, use the trim tool to wedge the door card from the bottom of the panel, using two trim tools is better....but its an easy job so do not be afraid to have a go.

I did put rings on back, also got set for sale genuine rings
20220321 194938

Audi Sport Puddle lights now for sale as my RS6 is now sold. Genuine Audi item 75.00 inc signed for postage.

Managed to get the back doors done. The right was OK, fiddly, unplugged using trim tool to push the clip in, and was enough slack so I could just get my finger in to push plug back in. But the left was even shorter, very tricky to unplug but no way I could get finger behind the new lamp (which is larger than standard light). Managed to hook a small cable tie behind the plug, not tightly, and pull the plug into the fitting. Then cut cable tie to pull it out. Very chuffed now, especially as picked up four lights off ebay for a total of £85.

Has anyone managed to switch the rear puddle lights on a newer car?

I think they've changed it and it doesn't seem to be anywhere near as easy to change out...

The ones in the video have a solid black case around them where as the ones in my S3V don't, it was just the plastic outer case and then the circuit board. I didn't really want to try and pull it in case I snapped it

I think they've changed it and it doesn't seem to be anywhere near as easy to change out...

The ones in the video have a solid black case around them where as the ones in my S3V don't, it was just the plastic outer case and then the circuit board. I didn't really want to try and pull it in case I snapped it
Yep - done it twice on the wife’s S3 as she didn’t like the Vorsprung ones so had to take these back out again after fitting them and install a new set the ring version.

compared to the fronts it’s a bit more fiddly due to the length of the loom or lack of but it’s not difficult.

not sure what you had in your 8v but the lights in the video look like all the genuine Audi puddle lights I’ve fitted in all my cars so no problem in removing them

If you mean the circuit board inside the light fitting, yeah easy to get out i just flexed mine and the clips undid easily. i will see if i have a photo of them somewhere.
Its shocking what Audi charge for these.
I changed all of mine for brighter LED's as the standard are a bit dingy

I had black and grey fitted in my car
And just changed the circuit board inside for brighter ones from a place called EM Tuning

Thank
I had black and grey fitted in my car
And just changed the circuit board inside for brighter ones from a place called EM Tuning

View attachment 266106

View attachment 266107

Thanks I'll go have another look

They didn't look like that on mine, under the transparent plastic it just seemed like it was the circuit board without any of the black casing/shroud around it. Seemed really flimsy so didn't want to break it.

I've got the Vorsprung ones on the front, was going to put the gecko ones from my previous S3 on the back as my son likes them

Thank

Thanks I'll go have another look

They didn't look like that on mine, under the transparent plastic it just seemed like it was the circuit board without any of the black casing/shroud around it. Seemed really flimsy so didn't want to break it.

I've got the Vorsprung ones on the front, was going to put the gecko ones from my previous S3 on the back as my son likes them
My car is a year old now so yours could be production cuts if you don't have any backs on them.
They must be glued to the clear plastic glass unless the electrical connection keeps them in place, if that's the case.

My car is a year old now so yours could be production cuts if you don't have any backs on them.
They must be glued to the clear plastic glass unless the electrical connection keeps them in place, if that's the case.
The black casing had separated on the left door, so it was getting stuck inside of the door card. Did the right door no problem then did the left door and just ended up snapping the case and taking it out separately, not a lot else I could do tbh!

So there is defiantly no point selecting the Audi ring puddle lights on and s3 on the configurator as they will come anyway and I’ll waste my money?

interesting- wife got her Q3 from Lincoln Audi last year - customer service and after sales care was superb- could not fault them and would be more than happy to reuse
Picking my new S3 up from JCT600 in Grimsby today. So far the salesman has been spot on in communication for car shipping and arrival progress.

When I picked up the wife's Cupra Born from SMC Seat and Cupra in Woking,they were abysmal. Car was poorly prepped - the bodywork had the texture of frosted glass, it was so heavily contaminated, and there was a big gap where sill extensions met bodywork. They wouldn't sort them and I was keen to get back up to Newcastle. They promised to cover the price of a basic detail locally, then reneged and promised to send a claybar kit to do it myself - 11 months later, I'm still waiting.

My local VW dealership is 2 miles away, but they're so bad, I would never use them again for VW servicing or warranty work, I go a little out of the way to Pulman in Sunderland when I need it. The local Audi garage is considerably better than the local VW garage, even though they're both Lookers.