Audi RS3 2015 brochure

So if you want the sports exhaust you need to go for the dynamic pack which includes the mag ride for £1495?! Id rather just have the Sports exhaust!!

Me too! But... dealer has told me - NOT a problem, it can be ordered separately and the brochure is just the first iteration and has some misprints in it as well... so, I can just get the exhaust and not the poxy mag ride. Had it on my last RS and TTS. utter crap on UK roads. The wheels on offer - I don't like any of the options there, but again, the dealer can sort that one out too. Not too fussed no carbon brakes or buckets - expensive options no one really needs or wants IMO. But, the lack of standard colours? WTF is that about?! I expected ibis white and black to be there. So, most new RS3's you'll see will all be Nardo... lol. Obviously Audi have a lot of unused paint to get rid of. LOL.

Just remember when they launched the current S3, a lot of things were missing from the spec and brochure at launch, but quickly became available, e.g. black styling pack, 19" wheels, more colour options, etc..

I'm sitting back with my order - let the dust settle and then order back end of this year. I want to drive one first anyway - it could be total shitter for the money... unlikely, but having driven the new TT... err, not sure I would have ordered that unseen and un-driven!

Last edited:
Reactions: Scotty2011
Me too! But... dealer has told me - NOT a problem, it can be ordered separately and the brochure is just the first iteration and has some misprints in it as well... so, I can just get the exhaust and not the poxy mag ride. Had it on my last RS and TTS. utter **** on UK roads. The wheels on offer - I don't like any of the options there, but again, the dealer can sort that one out too. Not too fussed no carbon brakes or buckets - expensive options no one really needs or wants IMO. But, the lack of standard colours? WTF is that about?! I expected ibis white and black to be there. So, most new RS3's you'll see will all be Nardo... lol. Obviously Audi have a lot of unused paint to get rid of. LOL.

Just remember when they launched the current S3, a lot of things were missing from the spec and brochure at launch, but quickly became available, e.g. black styling pack, 19" wheels, more colour options, etc..

I'm sitting back with my order - let the dust settle and then order back end of this year. I want to drive one first anyway - it could be total shitter for the money... unlikely, but having driven the new TT... err, not sure I would have ordered that unseen and un-driven!

Gen 1 Cars only had 1 std Colour (Ibis White) but there seems to be plenty of the other 4 Option colours on the 2nd Hand Market.

That would be great news on the exhaust if you can order with the mag ride as totally agree I found it way too hard on my TTS too - much prefer the standard suspension.

There are a number of things I certainly want to see / experience before committing to an order including:

* general test drive
* hear difference between standard and optional exhaust
* see nardo paint - I am not totally convinced on this colour - it could look great or it could be really flat and I just can't tell from photo's.

I don't intend to spec too many extras personally, as the standard specification provides most of the core elements I want in the car anyway.
Yes there are lots of 'nice to haves' but they do bump the price up massively.
I am just looking at a few essentials:
Paint, folding mirrors, privacy glass, super sports seats, mono pur and possibly sports exhaust - job done (£2 to £3k) :icon thumright:

Its internal correspondence to Audi sales network. Audi do this a lot, they restrict options on new new models (not facelift) that have a new production line. They do this to get production up to speed, then introduce the complexity. This also means CCB will be specific to RS3 and not found on other models and new to Audi. Same with Seats - they will be all new.

I would imagine more colours coming too - again production demand Vs complexity.

From Audi - looks like magnetic ride and exhaust will eventually be separate too:
  • Audi magnetic ride, RS-specific
  • Ceramic front brakes (these start production later in the year – we’ll update the guide when they are available to order)
  • Red brake calipers
  • Wider front tyres
  • RS sport exhaust system
  • Newly developed RS bucket seats with integrated side airbags and a carbon seat shell (these start production later in the year – we’ll update the guide when they are available to order)

Excellent! Thats £995 off my list as I have no desire to get mag ride. Any ideas when the revised spec guide will be out?

Not having to spec Mag ride to get the exhaust would be a massive bonus. Im not a huge fan of only having the choice of Rotors either, would love the V spokes on the RS4 in titanium if possible. Not considering any other motor though so Ill take whatever is on offer and will be ordering the day I am able to. Been driving my mrs Pug 207 for the past 4 years so it will hardly feel like driving an old dog to me.

Gen 1 Cars only had 1 std Colour (Ibis White) but there seems to be plenty of the other 4 Option colours on the 2nd Hand Market.

RS cars attract a lot of exclusive paint options, dealers often have fun with colours on cars they are taking in as stock

Excellent! Thats £995 off my list as I have no desire to get mag ride. Any ideas when the revised spec guide will be out?

fantastic, and keeping the quattro front badge (for third party delete) brings my spec down to

£46240.00

just need to drive one

V spokes - doubt these will ever be option as they need concaving for which the RS3 doesn't have room for. Second - the RS3 wheel arches remain unchanged in the rear (same as standard car), and the front wheel arches couldn't go any wider than they made them because of the front door which would hit the arches. They have already cut into the front arches to accommodate the front door.

I was really hoping for the V spokes, but the rotors are really growing on me. May end up purchasing the V-spokes separately and using the rotors for winter tyres.

I was really hoping for the V spokes, but the rotors are really growing on me. May end up purchasing the V-spokes separately and using the rotors for winter tyres.

i am delighted they have kept the rotor's its one of my all time fav rim designs

V spokes won't fit - they will foul the arches. Have a look at the offset. The RS3 has high offset and the V spokes a low.

Someone out there must be clever enough (not me) to do a list of what makes this Audi RS3 car so good but for me:
• 5-pot engine
• 7-speed gearbox
• All weather quattro drive
• 5-pot music/noise
• A physically small on-the-road-envelope
• Chuck-ability
• Relative anonymity
• Superb if low-speed-squealy brakes
• Everyday useable performance
• 5-door useable body
• Bland park-it-anywhere i.e., what-is-that (?) shape
• And the way it can leave other performance machinery in its wake...
It's a proper Q-car the AUDI RS3: them that have one know it; and for them that are gonna have one - enjoy the ride...

PS: you can always change the wheels and at date some have and others will...

Reactions: DAYTONA 500 and T-800
Just spoken with my own dealer re the specification issues. They spoke to product marketing this afternoon and have been told yes they will bring out bucket seats but don’t know when? may be end of this year but probably into next year!! This kinda sucks, they expect people to buy the product at release, then a few months down the line update the specification to the one initially advertised!

Thanks for confirming about buckets. I was looking to place an order asap, dealer sent the brochure though and I asked about the lack of carbon and buckets. Havent heard anything back, radio silence.

I really want buckets so ill be hanging on until available.

Good things come to those who wait............

From my experience with our current RS 3 I won't be getting the buckets again as a £2000+ option on mine they aren't worth it.

Only buckets I'm interested in are the ones to wash it with.

Super sport seats look like a good compromise.......

Reactions: 45bvtc, Snake Pliskin and DAYTONA 500
Audi UK confirmed to a chap on the other forum that ceramic brakes / buckets are having supply issues and are likely to be made available on the RS3 in Q4 this year.

V spokes won't fit - they will foul the arches. Have a look at the offset. The RS3 has high offset and the V spokes a low.

Even though V spokes are available on the S3 in Europe, oz and the US?

Good things come to those who wait............

From my experience with our current RS 3 I won't be getting the buckets again as a £2000+ option on mine they aren't worth it.

Only buckets I'm interested in are the ones to wash it with.

Super sport seats look like a good compromise.......

Agreed !

And I have super sports seats in my S5 and have nothing but praise for them ... Supremely comfortable & supportive - they also look cool :icon thumright:

Reactions: RicoS3 and DAYTONA 500
Even though V spokes are available on the S3 in Europe, oz and the US?
I was referring to the RS4 V spoke wheels as per question posted.

The S3 version has no curve, opposite to the RS4 wheels. If UK aren't getting the S3 wheels I still doubt they would bring them to RS3 in UK.

They are the puppies. Would be all over them. We can only hope, but I doubt it.

Alloy Wheels Direct get their wheels direct from Germany supplier direct and could get these now. I've used them and the wheels are same as supplied to Audi and tax is included as it's in the EU.

Probably adding the clause that you have to spend a minimum £8k in extras to qualify for order acceptance :)

Reactions: TDI-line
They've probably had enough of experts on certain Forums.......

Or realised that everybody that was going to 'purchase' one was

1) never going to afford the finance

2) slag it off all day long because it's 'expensive'

3) moan about the 2.5l engine and wish the 'wonderful' 2.0l EA888 Is used instead

Reactions: TDI-line and DAYTONA 500
The main difference is offset. this is what gives the RS4 such a big curve outwards. The s3 / rs3 version is flat.

Yeah I noticed that now. I actually really like the standard wheels on the RS4 but hate the similar but flat design on the RS3

You could always buy an RS4 maybe ? Problem sorted.

Reactions: Inverted_RS
And if you get ACC you can't have quattro in the grill (which I hate anyway) but the radar sensor doesn't half look **** in the middle of the grill - check some of pictures posted earlier.

Also, all the wheel arch comments - you can see from pictures that the wheel arch is so extended that there is a cut out where the front door would hit it upon opening, so looks like Audi pushed the arches as far as the design would allow them.
Agree but better than crashing into the car in front. I ordered mine in Panther but didn't want the aluminium bumper and grill accents for £695 when you can get it done for £200 in a local Bodyshop.