Audi RS3 fastest in the compact class

5pot

Favouritism
Reaction score
7:40.748 minutes: a new top speed in the compact segment

E303AA28 1131 4E0F 91AB 20B6A4BBD67E

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan, RS3ree, Joxh and 4 others
Semi slicks massively distort that time.

Reactions: creweaudiparts, Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
RS3 gets the Nurburgring gold in the Audi sponsored Olympics

Reactions: Jassyo06
Pub bragging rights isn’t it.
It doesn’t really bother me one ioter but it’s good to know the car is rapid lol :)

Reactions: NevMan and Add_Profile
Semi slicks massively distort that time.
Surprises me they are road legal according to Pirelli web site. Just says not to use them in the rain at speed.

Reactions: D0C and NevMan
Pub bragging rights isn’t it.
It doesn’t really bother me one ioter but it’s good to know the car is rapid lol :)
But no faster than yer Mercedes with normal tyres fitted a extra 20 NM of torque over the FL wouldnt make that much time difference...its called bending the truth a good bit real "slick" by Audi's PR group

Reactions: D0C, NevMan and Snake Pliskin
Dont forget that a £20K cheaper Golf 8R did it in 7.51
After a few other cars (inc current Golf 7.5R) i'm looking for a new car, VW is having all kinds of software issues with latest 8R so i'm waiting to see how Audi do the 'packages' in the UK, looking at the de site it's not looking good, If you want the DCC it's part of a 7500 euro package inc cermaic discs etc

Reactions: NevMan
Audi owners on an audi forum slate audi for promoting the latest audi - lol

If the car can be purchased with said semi slick tyres how can this be held against it?

Dont forget that a £20K cheaper Golf 8R did it in 7.51
After a few other cars (inc current Golf 7.5R) i'm looking for a new car, VW is having all kinds of software issues with latest 8R so i'm waiting to see how Audi do the 'packages' in the UK, looking at the de site it's not looking good, If you want the DCC it's part of a 7500 euro package inc cermaic discs etc
Likewise, I’ve got a Golf R at present, but touchscreen and software issues associated with it make me feel RS3 could be the one for me (yes I know there are still issues with A3 software, but you get buttons for climate control)

@johnmv55 DCC is available as a separate item you don’t need to get the Dynamic Pack to get it. It is on the German configurator as separate item for 1000euros. However it’s a bit buried away and not really in as prominent position on the configurator

Reactions: johnmv55, NevMan and Add_Profile
@johnmv55 This is what you need to look for on German configurator:

“adaptives Fahrwerk mit Audi drive select”

It’s in the Technik section of configurator after the ceramic brakes options

Reactions: johnmv55 and NevMan
7:40 is as fast as the 2005 Veyron just not on the straight bits

**** this am aff te the Ring with a set of Trofeo R's.....lol

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin, RS3ree and NevMan
@johnmv55 This is what you need to look for on German configurator:

“adaptives Fahrwerk mit Audi drive select”

It’s in the Technik section of configurator after the ceramic brakes options
Ah! ok thanks, I'll have another look, :)

Reactions: AndyVWR
(not that I would spec said tyres)
Audi owners on an audi forum slate audi for promoting the latest audi - lol

If the car can be purchased with said semi slick tyres how can this be held against it?
Not holding it against Audi. Just pointing out that it’s not comparing apples with apples when some semi slick racing tyres are being used.
I’m not a track day expert but does anyone have any idea how many seconds would be saved using such tyres on a track as long as the Nurburgring?

**** this am aff te the Ring with a set of Trofeo R's.....lol

I searched to see if any more comments on the Trofeo tyres

I assume, as the spec is limited, though a massive claim by audi to be fastest in it's class - I guess they either used super fine print somewhere that said "Except if you buy the car in the UK" or just said sod it, these are not available to UK customers unless they buy them 3rd party elsewhere, because I couldn't find anything about choosing this tyre. Not on any spec level.

Just in case the RS3's are supplied with the P Zero Trofeo R, check this tyre-review link out, as the roads in UK are more likely to be wet than dry.

I'm not interested in the tyre, just an observation as we have been cut from everything that audi are marketing for this RS3.

I searched to see if any more comments on the Trofeo tyres

I assume, as the spec is limited, though a massive claim by audi to be fastest in it's class - I guess they either used super fine print somewhere that said "Except if you buy the car in the UK" or just said sod it, these are not available to UK customers unless they buy them 3rd party elsewhere, because I couldn't find anything about choosing this tyre. Not on any spec level.
The Trofeo R tyres aint even manufactured in the standard 8Y RS3 siz...... edit yes they are around £400 a corner

Last edited:
Just in case the RS3's are supplied with the P Zero Trofeo R, check this tyre-review link out, as the roads in UK are more likely to be wet than dry.

Trofeo R Tyres are silly expensive.....The 8Y RS3 will come with either....Pzeros,Hankooks,Bridgestone Potenzas tyres

The Trofeo R tyres aint even manufactured in the standard 8Y RS3 siz...... edit yes they are around £400 a corner

Can be bought James

734f09d9bf96402d77cd5df01ea233db.png

eed710212357a720677a23b5c34fa89c.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan and Add_Profile
It's a Migraine day for me mate it does funny things to yer eyesight....lol l did edit me post

You wouldn’t want them on the car in the Uk.

Best to stick with whatever it comes with.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Add_Profile
These tyres seem to be significantly wider than the current generation…

isn't that how EVERY manufacturer promotes their product?
exactly and some strip out the car, like Honda did with the Civic type r...it had no MMI, etc which saved 40kg....and i wonder what else they didnt tell us about

exactly and some strip out the car, like Honda did with the Civic type r...it had no MMI, etc which saved 40kg....and i wonder what else they didnt tell us about

Yup there’s a limited edition Type R just been released with no radio etc to save weight.

Yup there’s a limited edition Type R just been released with no radio etc to save weight.

& these vorsprung's are gonna be damn heavy beasts with all that extra kit ... power tail gates, pan roof's, elec seat motors - all adds weight ;)

Reactions: NevMan and 8YARWY
:thumbs up:Clearly the Purest spec choice for RS3 will be standard trim plus RS Dynamic Pack.

Clearly that was the model going around Nurburgring....reduced weight and super speedy :icon thumright:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Of course how could I forget. If the driver hadn’t needed the travel assist he might have been a few seconds faster.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin